Tron AP preview thread

You're complicating things. Clicking on the link in then OP got you to the sign up page for the last several AP previews. My memory is for at least every AP preview starting with Pandora, maybe earlier.
Maybe @BaymaxFan78 is mentioning the event ID in the link because that is how we found out the day and time DVC reservations would open for Guardians? If a DVC and/or AP waiting room becomes available and a link is found you may have a head start on others waiting for the email.

f a DVC and/or AP waiting room becomes available and a link is found you may have a head start on others waiting for the email.
Unless something changes the AP link has already been "found ". It's posted in the first post of this thread.

The DVC link seems to change.

Unless something changes the AP link has already been "found ". It's posted in the first post of this thread.

The DVC link seems to change.
Yes, I understand. I am saying rather than blindly clicking on the AP link multiple times a day, everyday, a queue it waiting room could reveal when it will actually open. A DVC waiting room could be a huge hint as to when to click on said AP link because they opened the same time for the last preview.

You're complicating things. Clicking on the link in then OP got you to the sign up page for several AP previews.
It's not complicated at all. The link in the first post is nothing but a redirecting link. It sends you to whatever active url Disney has set. Right now that is the Guardians queue but it doesn't mean there are other iterations of that link with different ID's out there. The remy preview link still works but you have to type in the full url, the link on this post doesn't take you there anymore.

To help clarify, both
https://event-registration.disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyworld
and
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/verify/
will re-direct you to the website of the most recent passholder preview. When Disney opens registration for the tron previews, those links will take you there.

Currently, clicking the links takes you here
https://queue.disneyparks.disney.go.com/afterevent.aspx?c=disneyparks&e=wdwzdtevent20220414
this is the GoTG preview link. Since registration is done it's just a generic message

Back in August of 2021, those links would have brought you here
https://queue.disneyparks.com/afterevent.aspx?c=disneyparks&e=wdwzdtevent080521
the link for Remy previews. The above links stopped redirecting here once GoTG previews went live.

What I'm trying to figure out is that little id on the end of each link. Essentially just the date previews went live. But the format is slightly different, with the year being first during the last preview. If previews were to open tomorrow, the link would be something like
https://queue.disneyparks.disney.go.com/afterevent.aspx?c=disneyparks&e=wdwzdtevent20230202
or
https://queue.disneyparks.disney.go.com/afterevent.aspx?c=disneyparks&e=wdwzdtevent020223
however none of those work obviously.

The benefit of knowing the CM link would be to see if it had a date and what format the date was, to help narrow this down. Unfortunately since it was through the Hub there is no luck here.

The reason I want to find out is because this website can go live a few minutes before the first two links on this post start re-directing. That can help everyone here get a better shot at getting a preview.

So we're planning two WDW trips, both after Tron opens, and we're facing the very real possibility that we won't be able to ride it even ONCE! Since I've read on these boards that both BGs and ILL disappear in seconds, I'd say the odds are pretty good that we get shafted.

Wow, that never before happened whenever we visited after a wildly popular new ride opened! Why not? Cuz we had FPs and the standby line. Now, we have to play a lottery system, in which we are way behind the eight ball trying to compete against the "fast finger" crowd, who practically live on so-called smartphones. I resent the fact that I have to be some kind of smartphone wiz just to get on a damn ride, when I shelled out thousands to be in the park.

And if GOTG doesn't get off this tech rabbit hole, that'll be a double whammy. Getting shut out of the two newest rides, during a five day trip and a ten day trip, is a total ripoff.

Tried to get on to renew my AP just now and it takes me to a page that says "We\\'re temporarily unable to display your annual pass." (with the typo lol)

Probably nothing but I thought I would share.

So we're planning two WDW trips, both after Tron opens, and we're facing the very real possibility that we won't be able to ride it even ONCE! Since I've read on these boards that both BGs and ILL disappear in seconds, I'd say the odds are pretty good that we get shafted.

Wow, that never before happened whenever we visited after a wildly popular new ride opened! Why not? Cuz we had FPs and the standby line. Now, we have to play a lottery system, in which we are way behind the eight ball trying to compete against the "fast finger" crowd, who practically live on so-called smartphones. I resent the fact that I have to be some kind of smartphone wiz just to get on a damn ride, when I shelled out thousands to be in the park.

And if GOTG doesn't get off this tech rabbit hole, that'll be a double whammy. Getting shut out of the two newest rides, during a five day trip and a ten day trip, is a total ripoff.
If you’re willing to pay for GotG just do ILL and skip the VQ you should no problem getting one. Most days they are available to non resort guests so that an hour to two after the first people can purchases.

Not positive the same will hold true for Tron,

ILL it’s not gone in seconds
it’s lasted hours even when the ride first opened
it’s not free but you can ride
as for VQ, it’s not that hard if you use the tips from all these folks who are successful
I have not gotten one every attempt but I have gotten one every day. Just sometimes it’s with the second drop at 1. And trust me, at nearly 60, I’m not a smart phone wiz. Just can read helpful tips
i don’t understand the giving up before you even try attitude

Last edited:
If you’re willing to pay for GotG just do ILL and skip the VQ you should no problem getting one. Most days they are available to non resort guests so that an hour to two after the first people can purchases.

Not positive the same will hold true for Tron,

Yeah gotg is not that difficult to get ILL or VQ anymore, at least that has been my experience. Tron will obviously be harder with it just opening but i think using ILL you should be ok, especially if you are staying on site. And if tron does 2 VQ drops a day, the 2nd one is usually easier.

Especially foot surgery.... unless it's normal for you to walk 15 miles a day. ;)
I used to do 10-15 miles in an EPCOT day... in fact, that is what I was doing the day I broke my foot in the first place. Sadly, I will be totally non weight bearing for a while after surgery.

I rented a knee mobility stroller thing one year because of my knee - ended up falling and needing surgery when i got home, but if you aren't a speed demon on the hills (like I was) maybe that could be a solution for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter