Tron AP preview thread

Curious to see how long the wait times/lines will be when the ride actually opens to the public. It sounded like Tron is a copy of a ride already in operation at one of the Disney International locations. MK clearly gets far more visitors, so will be interesting to see how that works out.
I have absolutely no doubt it will be virtual queue

I would LOVE it if it’s the week of 3/4! I’m starting a new chapter of my life where I won’t be able to go to Disney for a couple years so if I barely miss Tron that’ll be awful 😂 but I guess we’ll just see what happens

The one thing I'd advise for the preview is don't take anything like a bag/backpack/large purse to the ride. In Shanghai, the chaos of the locker system was noticeable. If you bring a bag into the park put it in a locker anywhere but the TRON lockers. The ride vehicle did have a small latched cubby, about big enough for my flattened baseball cap.

The one thing I'd advise for the preview is don't take anything like a bag/backpack/large purse to the ride. In Shanghai, the chaos of the locker system was noticeable. If you bring a bag into the park put it in a locker anywhere but the TRON lockers. The ride vehicle did have a small latched cubby, about big enough for my flattened baseball cap.
We'll know, no later then early CM previews, what kind of lockers are at Tron. Will cell phones be allowed on Tron? If not virtually everyone will be using a locker. Make sure whatever stuff you bring will easily fit on whatever size locker Disney is using

Lockers at Veliocoaster don't really slow the line.

If one of your group won't be ridding, give.that person all your stuff

Not certain, but I did read they have a new style locker setup for Tron Florida - where you put your stuff in the locker on one side upon entry to the ride, and then open the other side when exiting. Not sure how that works, but it sounds much better than the Universal approach! Guess we'll see.

Not certain, but I did read they have a new style locker setup for Tron Florida - where you put your stuff in the locker on one side upon entry to the ride, and then open the other side when exiting. Not sure how that works, but it sounds much better than the Universal approach! Guess we'll see.
That’s how the Velocicoster lockers work.

You put your stuff in and then they push to the exit side. Works very well.

That’s how the Velocicoster lockers work.

You put your stuff in and then they push to the exit side. Works very well.
Yep. The question is, will Tron use a metal detector too, so nothing can go on the ride period. Like they do with Velocicoaster, Rip/Rocket and Hulk or is it just no backpack bag like with Gringot/Mummy/Men in Black? Though they will allow 3prong fannypacks on

Yep. The question is, will Tron use a metal detector too, so nothing can go on the ride period. Like they do with Velocicoaster, Rip/Rocket and Hulk or is it just no backpack bag like with Gringot/Mummy/Men in Black? Though they will allow 3prong fannypacks on
Ideally they allow the Fanny pack, but yet to be seen I guess.

I like Velocicoasters locker system the best so I hope they have something similar!

This would be an great improvement over Shanghai.

Not any info on the previews but last night i got to see the ride in person running at night from the barnstormer queue and its stunning to look at. There are panel in the “ceiling” that seem to light up as the ride approaches them which i did not know about.

Also i might be remembering incorrectly but at one point when it got close to the registration link for gotg maybe dropping, didnt we start another thread that was for the link only so any email updates we got about the thread we knew would mean its go time?

Not any info on the previews but last night i got to see the ride in person running at night from the barnstormer queue and its stunning to look at. There are panel in the “ceiling” that seem to light up as the ride approaches them which i did not know about.
Yes, the panels light up and the colors change at night. In Shanghai they coordinate the color of the panels with the mood of the nightly fireworks.

My pass expires March 16, I wonder how early I might need to renew it to make sure I get the email. Although with an April 4th opening, I would hope previews are earlier than that.

My pass expires March 16, I wonder how early I might need to renew it to make sure I get the email. Although with an April 4th opening, I would hope previews are earlier than that.
You can renew now (I believe it's 60 days before expiration?). Mine was supposed to expire in November and was able to renew in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter