Tron AP preview thread

I would think you need to renew based on possible preview timeline. I am guessing the system is sophisticated enough to know you do not have valid passholder admission past 3/4/23 since it has stopped non-active passes or different tiered passes in the past. The park pass calendar also stops at pass expiration. The renewal voucher should already be active so I don't think you will have problems registering with that in your account.
Good points! I think you are probably right. Thanks!

No. In the recent news drops for Disney parks they mentioned Disneyland MagicKeys (APs) will be released for sale periodically as availability allows but they did not say anything about WDW releasing anymore APs.
This particular phrasing about the MagicKeys caught my attention...
Disneyland MagicKeys (APs) will be released for sale periodically as availability allow

I read into it (or Imagineered in my brain) that there are possibly a finite number of Annual Passes at DL. Perhaps as people don't renew Disney accumulates the non renewed passes to put specific lots of MagicKeys back on sale again periodically?

Just a wild idea, I've only had a few sips of my coffee this morning!

TRON Lightcycle Run Cast Member Preview Dates Announced

Disney World Cast Members now have more information about when they can preview TRON Lightcycle Run. Starting Janaury 30th, eligible Cast Members will be able to register for preview days between February 6th and March 3rd ahead of the ride’s official opening on April 4, 2023.

Each registered Cast Member can bring up to three friends or family with them to the preview.

It’s likely that Annual Passholder previews will take place shortly after Cast Member previews end in early March.

Disney World Cast Members now have more information about when they can preview TRON Lightcycle Run. Starting Janaury 30th, eligible Cast Members will be able to register for preview days between February 6th and March 3rd ahead of the ride’s official opening on April 4, 2023.

Each registered Cast Member can bring up to three friends or family with them to the preview.

It’s likely that Annual Passholder previews will take place shortly after Cast Member previews end in early March.
There ya go. Hopefully we get some news soon. From previous texts, my CM family member signed up for GotG preview on April 11th and it looks like we signed up for AP preview on April 14th?

That’s cool they can bring a few friends or family! Looks like with GoTG they only let them do it on some preview dates.

So hopefully first week of February the registration link goes live …for I’m guessing dates starting around Mar 9.

So hopefully first week of February the registration link goes live …for I’m guessing dates starting around Mar 9.
Well WDWMagic is reporting "Approximately nine days of Annual Passholder previews are expected beginning March 4, 2023. Sources point out that plans remain fluid and are subject to change as various marketing and operational considerations factor into the decision."

That seems early to me, as it's a whole month before the ride officially opens. Generally it's CM, then CM & Family, then Media, D23 and DVC, with AP the last to get some preview time in. e for

That seems early to me, as it's a whole month before the ride officially opens. Generally it's CM, then CM & Family, then Media, D23 and DVC, with AP the last to get some preview time in. e for
Some CM previews happened after AP previews last time. AP started 6 days after initial CM previews, was a shorter window for GOTG.

I'll be at WDW March 4th, so I'm crossing my fingers for then. Do we know if we need a park reservation for MK to use it?

Curious to see how long the wait times/lines will be when the ride actually opens to the public. It sounded like Tron is a copy of a ride already in operation at one of the Disney International locations. MK clearly gets far more visitors, so will be interesting to see how that works out.

We had the opportunity to enjoy Tron at the Shanghai Disney park in 2019. I expect Magic Kingdom in Florida does get more attendance, but Shanghai is bigger and does OK, too! We were fortunate because we rode a couple times with their version of fast pass, at the time. I think i recall regular line wait times of about an hour at the time.

I fully expect Tron will open with ILL and VQ reservations for standby, so they'll control the lines a bit. But even with that, could see VQ waits of an hour or so. When they open it up eventually for regular standby, all bets are off!! But that's not likely to happen for awhile (just my opinion and guess regarding how they'll handle it). That being said, first chance you get to ride, it's well worth the time - a very fun attraction. Glad to see it finally opening in Orlando. Sure hoping for a match on AP/DVC previews and our upcoming March trip so we can ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter