Tron and Claustrophobia?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
Hey Tron riders. Have any of you, who deal with claustrophobia, had issues with Tron?

I cannot do Flight of Passage because of the clamping in around the legs. I almost had a panic attack. I also cannot do anything that has shoulder harnesses for the same reason. Does Tron give the same sensation around the legs and back as FoP?

I am the same, I can't ride FoP anymore. For some reason, the last time I rode FoP, I started to have a semi panic/anxiety attack because I couldn't move my legs. I really had to focus to stay calm and ever since, it's a no go for me. I've never experienced something like that before, so it took me by surprise. I don't have any issues with overhead restraints. I was worried about Tron because of the way legs are also locked in. I did ride it twice and I think the difference for me was it was moving so quickly and was not a long ride. The thing that goes on your back didn't bother me. I did get a little nervous while we were waiting to leave the load platform, but I was okay. It's a slightly different way of retraining your legs, but overall, movement is restricted. They do have the seats on some of the "cycles" so you can go on and not be restrained by your legs, you are seated. At least Tron has that option! You can also sit in the test vehicle out front, that may help decide if the restraints are bothersome. I totally get it!

Hey Tron riders. Have any of you, who deal with claustrophobia, had issues with Tron?

I cannot do Flight of Passage because of the clamping in around the legs. I almost had a panic attack. I also cannot do anything that has shoulder harnesses for the same reason. Does Tron give the same sensation around the legs and back as FoP?
I totally get you on this - I tell my riding partner that if we get stuck on the ride, I need to be distracted. One time we sat too long just before unload and it was tough for me (I've ridden close to 10 times now).

This is tighter than FoP. I never feel claustrophobic on FoP but I definitely feel it on Tron.

I have claustrophobia and almost had a panic attack on FOP a few years ago. I now tense my calves and back up a little when loading onto that seat so I don't get clamped completely down and it's better. I don't feel claustrophobic on Tron at all - you control how tight the back and leg restraints are. What I don't particularly like is the position you are in while riding as it kind of strains my neck. If you want to try it, but are afraid of the restraints, you can ask for a back car which is just a seat and not a cycle. You will have a longer wait, but it is an option.

I can't do the Tron seat (bike style) cause of bad knees so I've always done the "special seat" that sits like a regular seat - and I think that feels to me like the same kind of seat as Everest. I used to be able to do FOP but can't now cause of my knees so I know what you're talking about to some extent (seat styles) tho I don't have claustrophobia.

Try waiting for the regular chair style seat and if you see it and it doesn't look good to you then you can just leave. With the chair style seat you still get a great ride and you can kinda lean forward and hold on to the little handle so you have that aerodynamic bike feel on take off - if you want to - you don't have to.

If you had claustrophobia issues on FoP, most likely you will have the same problem with Tron. You are held in more securely in Tron.

I suspect you'll have the same issues with Tron but you can try the test car out front and see how you feel, if all else fails you can use the regular coaster seat in the back.

I don't have claustrophobia issues with either (I do in other situations) but the feeling of being held down is way stronger to me on Tron than it is in FoP. I'd go with the special seat if you'd like to experience without that feeling, it is an awesome ride, even if it is too short.

I think it is tighter and more locked in than FoP (as it should be) and if you can't do FoP I don't see how you can do one of the motorcycle seats. I ride often with one DS who needs to be in the race car seats, it is just a lap bar, lots of space around you. I mean both rides are dangerous but this one is going fast.

How many chair type seats are there on the trains that have them, 2 or 4?

Thanks!
The last two seats are in the race car. About half the "trains" have them and we've never waited more than an extra 5-10 minutes for it.

1702615148761.png

Last edited:
I rode in the back seat. It was during passholder previews and there was a wait for it. Your whole party waits with you so that you’re on the same train. So the queue for the back seat isn’t as bad as it looks. Maybe they changed how they do it since preview though.

I rode in the back seat. It was during passholder previews and there was a wait for it. Your whole party waits with you so that you’re on the same train. So the queue for the back seat isn’t as bad as it looks. Maybe they changed how they do it since preview though.
They do it the same way.

Last week we got in the line and there were 6 in front of us and about 6 behind us (in the car line). The group of 2 in front of us they took over to the other track to wait for car, the group of 4 in front of us loaded 2 in the car and the other 2 on the motorcycle in front of them.

Behind us were two groups of 2, each group had 1 person who wanted motorcycle and 1 person who wanted car so they put the 2 car people together and had the 2 motorcycle people line up for the motorcycle in front of the car. Line moved fast. I think we waited maybe 5 minutes or so to load. For a slower week it was actually the most people I'd seen in line for car of all the times we've ridden.

They seem to have gotten their system down pat and operate this ride as quickly as they can.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter