trip

GBsMom

Earning My Ears
Hi

I am military and livng in Alaska- and with all that happening.
I am trying to plan a great vacation for the 4 of us. I have been looking at the sight and very over loaded with information. So I am hoping to find information. Such as the best away to get tickets from Alaska, hotel, food vouchers, codes, point systems and what would be the recommedation for a 13 and 11 year preteen. any suggestion to start. Would it be better to book with AAA, that offer a 15-20% discount for room or the miltary discount of 40%. Is Shadey Greens? on the grounds of WDW or should I book for the Dolphin. Help me plan a wonderful trip for March

shades of green is right next to the poly. they don't have "disney transportation" but they have buses running every 15min to the transportaion center, where you get any bus you need. or it'a short walk to the poly for the monarail or buses. it's a great resort! i would highly recomend it.. especially for the price!!!

Another big vote for Shades of Green. You are on Disney property but get great military rates, can purchase your discounted Disney and other tickets right there. It's a huge resort that's just been rebuilt. You can't beat the price and the size of rooms. Here's the link
http://www.armymwr.com/shades/index.html

I also say Shades of Green! It's a beautiful resort and you have all the same perks as the other "Disney" resorts. It's the only resort I like staying at!!

GB'smom, I have no idea what air will be from Alaska, but I'm betting very expensive. With that in mind, your best bet for a hotel is Shades of Green. They are located on WDW property. They were originally a WDW hotel, until they sold it to the armed forces. When they were a WDW hotel, they were considered one of the deluxes. The hotel has recently completed an additional wing that doubled it in size. The rooms have two queen beds and a pullout couch, tv, table and chairs and refrigerator. They are very comfortable for a family of four! The bathroom is also very large with a double sink and the toliet and shower are in a separate space.

There are two pools at SOG, but neither have a slide. There are several options for eating and you can buy discounted tickets right there on property. Bus A runs to the Ticket and Transportation every 15 minutes and from there you can catch a bus to any other Disney property/park.

DH and I have stayed at SOG many times, and for the price you can't beat it. We have also stayed at many disney properties so I feel I can compare them with some degree of knowledge. Some will say that you don't get the Disney feeling at SOG, but I don't find that to be true. You will most likely spend you entire day and part of the evening at a park getting your share of Disney magic. When I get back to our hotel, I just want to relax in a big, clean, comfortable room.

Keep in mind that if you do book a room with SOG, you can cancel up to 30 days prior to arrival if you do find a better rate somewhere else.

Now, this is just my two cents. Feel free to ask any other questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter