Trip to Paris - Plans

buyerbrad

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on our (wife, kids who are 7 & 10, and myself) plans for our May trip. Airline just switched our return flight, so now we have an extra day.

May 19-23 - in London

Tues., May 23 – Travel to Paris via Train from London, UK (arrive at 3:57pm). Stay at Hotel Choiseul Opera.
Wed. May 24 - Paris Hop on hop off, visit Arc de Triumph, and Aquarium.
Thurs., May 25 - Paris Hop on hop off & River Cruise. Eifel Tower to the top.
Fri., May 26 - Disneyland Paris - debating between 1 park or the hopper. If hopping, where do we go first? If just Disneyland, what
3 rides first?
Sat., May 27 - Louvre, Galaries Lafayette Haussmann, explore
Sun., May 28 – J’ardin Acclimation, explore
Mon., May 29 - Fly back to Canada

Have you been to DLP before? Do your kids enjoy art museums? I’d think most kids would rather spend 2 days at DLP, and maybe something more historic like Versailles or the catacombs.

We took our girls to the Jardin d’Acclimation when they were the same age as your kids. We had a great day. Wonderful memories. If you visit Ile de la Cite find the ice cream place, Berthillon. It’s amazing ice cream. Luxembourg garden is also nice to walk through.
In terms of DLP, I would read through any posts on the disboards to help you plan your day, because it really depends on what your family likes. I looked at theDibb site as well - lots of Brits who go to DLP post there. We splurged on the pass that lets you skip the lines because we only had one day and I was having some foot pain issues. That’s something to consider to reduce waiting in line.

You won't want to miss the famous opera house Place de l'Opéra before visiting the world's largest museum, the Louvre, as well as a small park Square Viviani on Paris's left bank, just in front of Notre-Dame-de-Paris, from which you could have the most beautiful view of the Gothic structure.

Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on our (wife, kids who are 7 & 10, and myself) plans for our May trip. Airline just switched our return flight, so now we have an extra day.

May 19-23 - in London

Tues., May 23 – Travel to Paris via Train from London, UK (arrive at 3:57pm). Stay at Hotel Choiseul Opera.
Wed. May 24 - Paris Hop on hop off, visit Arc de Triumph, and Aquarium.
Thurs., May 25 - Paris Hop on hop off & River Cruise. Eifel Tower to the top.
Fri., May 26 - Disneyland Paris - debating between 1 park or the hopper. If hopping, where do we go first? If just Disneyland, what
3 rides first?
Sat., May 27 - Louvre, Galaries Lafayette Haussmann, explore
Sun., May 28 – J’ardin Acclimation, explore
Mon., May 29 - Fly back to Canada
With only one day I wouldn't bother with the Studios. Focus on the main park.

Make sure you get your Eiffel tower tickets in advance. My family found out this the hard way when we went 10 years ago. It was either wait 6 hours in the standby or the Louvre for us :rotfl2:

There's a lot to do at Disneyland Paris. My favorite rides there were Space Mountain (it's so unique), It's a Small World, Storybookland, and Casey Jr just to name a few. Their Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion are also good rides as well

You should be able to see lots of Paris with that many days. The Metro is extensive and easy to use. Personally I'd skip the aquarium and explore the city more.

we have been to Paris a few times. I think you’re optimistic on what yiu can accomplish.

be sure to Get a museum pass. You will get past all the crowds waiting to buy tickets.
use the metro as much as possible. Very easy,
You can see an aquarium anywhere, I’d skip.
Get a Rick Steves book on Paris.he has great itineraries and good advice,
if the kids like cemeteries consider Pere Lache , the most interesting cemetery ever…look up who’s there…the monuments are fantastic,,,the Metro stop is very close.
get tickets/reservations in advance for almost everything
consider Taking the funicular up to Montmatre, amazing views. Fun short ride
you haven’t left much time for just people watching, drinking wine or hot chocolate for the kids.
Walk through the Tuileries…lots of fun things to see and ice cream.

in my experience Paris is best done slow with time to take in the ambiance

when my daughter was young, her favorite thing was a slow, lovely lunch. Hopefully you will visit local small restaurants not just chains. The food is great and the kids may enjoy something different. My daughter fell in love with rabbit and snails At a very young age.

If you can afford it, do lunch or dinner at the Eiffel Tower. Great food and views.

my favorite museum is the Rodin museum. not far from the Eiffel Tower. The Garden is fantastic.

Don't forget citymapper app for easiest use of public transport in Paris and London. I also find it better to buy books of metro tickets onboard Eurostar if they are offered. Alot quicker and convenient. Do you research how metro works, very different from the touch in and out system of London, however it is changing.

If you want to spend an extra hour in creating truly memorable experiences, you can connect with local tour guides to enjoy a private tour with your little fam plus you won't have to reschedule what you've already been planned because they can customize how you want your tour to happen.

The app Bonjour RATP allows to purchase public transport tickets on the phone and use it instead of the paper ones. I found it very convenient.
In London you don't even have to worry with an app, you can use contactless payment for the tube and busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter