trip to disney?

tonysgal34

Mouseketeer
Hello-I am new to these boards and need to ask when the best time is to go to Disney-one person told me Thanksgiving would be a good time. Also, what is the most inexpensive way that a very humble family of four could possibly make this trip-we sure don't want our kids to grow up and have to say they have never been there! Thanks for any information you guys can offer.:D

I've been at different times of the year and right after (the weekend) Thanksgiving has worked really great! The Christmas decorations are going up, the crowd doesn't seem bad at all, and you get the chance to see both the Christmas programs (if you go to MVMCP) as well as the regular parades and such.

As for being thrifty, it really does depend on how much$$ you have to spend. I started a couple of years in advance and saved my extra $$. We (me and my two DD's) went for 10 days, stayed at the ASMu, sent some basic snacks, water and breakfast stuff ahead to the motel, then we used a small ice chest to keep our milk, lunchmeat, and such in that we purchased in the gift shop there. We also had bread and pop tarts that the girls would go down to the foodcourt and use their toasters. I KNOW that not only saved us some$$ but time in the food court. I would also suggest purchasing the refillable cups your fist day there!

Not including airfare, we spent about $600 per person, but we could have done it a bit cheaper as well. We had a four day hopper and went to Disney Quest. We ate at counters in the park and it seemed a bit less expensive than at the resort. We did have a few sit down meals, but I think next time I'll choose the Character Breakfast again instead of Character dinner.

You can stay at a higher priced resort, but if $$ is an issue, we found the All Stars to work fine. You're only in your room to sleep and clean up any way.

Have fun, the planning is almost as much fun as the trip. :) (not really, but it gets you all psyched up :) )

Gerri

have you checked out the budget board yet? we post tons of money saving ideas over there!
two places you should check out are www.mousesavers.com this is mary warings site. she posts discount codes for all things disney. including the resorts, and who is eligible.

the other is www.wdwig.com this is deb wills site. she has a lot of useful planning info but best of all, she has complete menus for the world! this really helps when planning on a budget.

good luck with your planning. and have a great trip!:bounce:

Our favorite time to go is January or February. We are taking a "late" trip this year in March. The crowds are low, the prices for resorts are lower, and the weather isn't hot (we hate hot weather) If you want to go at the end of the year the best time to go the week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas.

YOu might want to check out

:earsgirl:Disney Dollarless for money saving ideas. We are pretty much a "paycheck to paycheck family" and we still manage to do an annual trip.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter