Trip Report

darlou

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to this forum, just got back yesterday from DLP with my husband and 3 year old daughter, we flew there with Easyjet and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Hotel was really lovely although prices for food/drink were pretty expensive, she walked round most of the day dressed as minnie complete with shoes/ears and got singled out for a bit of attention by mickey mouse, I thought the park was really magical and she had a wonderful time, the only negative was the princess's were a bit thin on ther ground, we spotted cinderella once and she was being ambushed and run off before we could get autographs.
We did the breakfast thing at cafe mickey which for me was the best part of the trip, all the characters came around and were interacting really well with all the children, the breakfast there was really good, loads to choose from and if anyone does this I suggest taking a few bits extra like oranges, bananas, yoghurts, I also made a couple of sandwiches up with cheese and ham from the buffet breakfast.
Now for a few tips (not sure if anyone has mentioned this before) I never paid to get my daughter into the park even though she's 3 (only just), once the staff see a pram and a dummy in her case, they didn't even ask for a ticket, they just opened the gate for us, we also never paid for her in cafe mickey, you're not supposed to take any food into the park but loads of people did, I put some things at the bottom of the pram and no-one checked. I also got recommended the garage by the santa fe for little bits like drinks, beers, sandwiches, however on exploring one night we found a village 10 mins walk from the holiday Inn called Magny, there we found a little supermarket open till late, the beer here was half the price of the garage and we also found a bar were a pint of lager and a glass of wine cost about 6 Euros as opposed to 13 euros in the holiday inn, the staff there were really friendly and we were getting free beers as well, I would certainly recommend it to anyone on a budget, the pink bus number 34 goes there if you don't fancy the walk.
All in all it was a great trip, I loved it so much we're thinking of going in September again for a few nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Darlou

nice trip report and great that you have added a new tip regarding Magny :)

How long was your visit for ?

Any favourite rides?

Reid

Glad you had a great trip!! And definitely thanks for the Magny tip!! :)

Hi Darlou, glad you had a good time, have read so many good reports on Cafe Mickey it's a definate on my list, just a quick question - how did your daughter find it all, rides, parades, etc - I'm planning to hopefully take my 3 year old niece next year, but as both my sons were a little older on their first visits I'm wondering how she's going to react :earsgirl:

My DD was 18 mths on her 1st visit to DLP and 2.5yrs on her 1st trip to WDW.
She was fine on most of the rides although we don't do the biggies! she loved the parades but got quite upset when any of the characters came near her. Funnily enough in animal Kingdom she held Pochantos' hand but wouldn't go near Cinderella etc. We're off to DLP in summer when she will be nearly 4 and she is already getting excited about it. I also have two sons who are now 7 and 6 and they have always loved rides, characters etc. :cool1:

Jill, my three year old had a ball when we went to WDW for the first time. She loved the characters and would have spent all day in queues to see Minnie Mouse if we'd let her :rolleyes:

We didn't do the "scary" rides but I can honestly say I had as much fun going on the gentle rides & enjoying the atmosphere and just enjoying the look on her face :)

She did love the parades and shows in particular.

Darlou - thanks for the trip report. Glad you had a nice time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter