Trip Report

lawnspecialties

DIS Veteran
Well, we just rolled in last night after 11 days at the Fort. As expected, we had a fantastic time and hated to leave. But we did have more than our share of "obstacles" to overcome but I'll detail those in another thread.

On the trip down, we went with drafthorsecrazy's advice on staying at Country Oaks RV Park at exit 1 in Georgia. Excellent advice and we'll do it again when we want to stopover that far south.

The day we arrived at the Fort, it was raining but everyday after was beautiful and either in the 70s or 80s. We were assigned site 533.

We took our golf cart (didn't own it on the last trip) and I must admit, this was a fantastic addition to the trip. Our first trip back in '06, we were mostly "park crazy" everyday. But this trip, we "looped" 4 or 5 times in the golf cart. I had absolutely no idea how big and fun Fort Wilderness is until this past week.

Unfortunately, I never saw ynottony or mamaloya. If mamaloya drives a Chevy Tahoe, I did see her campsite since there was a Kodiak Scamper there pulled by a Tahoe.

The comments from folks about the clearing out at the Fort are absolutely true. It was amazing how different the place looked compared to two years ago. CM Jimmie said once they get all the potato vine and other unwanted vegetation out, they'll replant with more native Florida plants. I remember two years ago when we stayed in 209, you couldn't even hear the 300 loop, much less see it. Now there's virtually nothing but several trees between them.

Here's a few pics.

The middle of the 500 loop.

DisneyworldJan08457.jpg

My beautiful wife and kids cruising.

DisneyworldJan08719.jpg

Our first canoe adventure. We went all the way around. A blast and beautiful.

DisneyworldJan08596.jpg

Glad you had fun, can't wait to see the rest of the report. We will be there in about 2 1/2 weeks. You could have left that awesome cart there for the rest of us to use. We would take excellent care of it for you. LOL

Welcome back, hope to see more posts soon! I wonder if they'll have any planting done by August? We might have to pull down the window shades when we get there:eek:

I'd like to try the canoes as well. Maybe the boat rentals at the Marina, depends on whether I can tear myself away from the parks! Really looking forward to counting down the next 180 days!

Glad your back. Our last trip was our first with a Cart WOW what a difference one makes. We played in the Fort a lot more then in past trips with out the cart.

Great pictures and report. Keep it coming !! :thumbsup2

Ah, sounds like fun! I can't wait until our trip in April!!

Looking forward to more details of your trip and pics! :thumbsup2

Wow...Sonya......new avatars is ...um,....very professional!!! You Do realize that "very professional" may mean that you are a knock out, but that would seem very forward of me and not my place to say, so Im just gonna stick to "Very Professional" :)

Are you a realtor?

Glad you had a good trip! Can't wait to hear more!

Trip Report and Pictures!! It's unnaturally warm here today and someone's cooking out, that smell and now your pictures make me wish we were setting up our tent there right now.

So glad you had a good time.... and you're right about the golf cart, we love it.

Hey, how about a "time share" golf cart, ya know? Sort of an "incremental ownership" thing..... Sort of like they do with refrigerators at the value resorts. Pass it along to the next person from the board in line....lol....

So glad you had a good time.... and you're right about the golf cart, we love it.

Hey, how about a "time share" golf cart, ya know? Sort of an "incremental ownership" thing..... Sort of like they do with refrigerators at the value resorts. Pass it along to the next person from the board in line....lol....

I suggested the same thing with the hot tub and got SHOT DOWN!!
But sign me up if it gets going.

Alright, here's a few more.

Isn't this a sight for tired driving eyes?

DisneyworldJan08002.jpg

Luke dedicates this one to ynottony99.

DisneyworldJan08584.jpg

More canoe shots from the canal. For those interested in the old Fort railroad, you can actually see some of the old bridge supports on the shore back there.

DisneyworldJan08593.jpg

DisneyworldJan08594.jpg

On a different topic. How do I put a pic in my signature? I use photobucket but when I do, the picture is as big as these here and it only shows about the top third of the picture.

Nice pics. I have wondered the same thing about putting a pic in my sig. I had the same problem. The pic was way to big.

when in your photobucket album, there's an "edit" buttom above each photo....that will resize your photo to predetermined sizes. Just go down one size at a time till you get to what shows all the way up in your signatures.

when in your photobucket album, there's an "edit" buttom above each photo....that will resize your photo to predetermined sizes. Just go down one size at a time till you get to what shows all the way up in your signatures.

Thanks ROG

BigdaddyRog...how come you've never commented on my avatar, I thought I was lookin pretty sweet there ?
I'm going to go though the internet and get some hot babe and put in my avatar so you'll talk real sweet to me from now on,...but then wait...if I get to go to the Wild Dis Women Weekend you may :scared: if you are there and really meet me, darn them taco bells ! :lmao:

Terri....you are a true vision of beauty regardless of taco bells evil doings!!! Your post are always smile makers, and smiles are very valuable these days!!!

Man I never could get it to work I tried every size option it had all where to big.

You have to refresh your page or you will continue to see the first image the disboard has in its memory on your pc's cache....I saw a few while you were working on it just now....the last one you had on was exactly the same picture and size as your avatar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter