Trip report-Wonder Jan 20-24 (Part 1 arrival))

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
The Set up: DH ( turned 46 on the 24th)first time cruiser
Me: (planned the whole trip- 44)first time cruiser
I first got the bug to take a cruise after reading these boards for 6 months. I was hooked when I found out about the $99 fall cruise deal:)
We left home on Saturday morning (1/19) on a direct flight to MCO.
Good flight, arrived on time. Picked up compact rental from National- no problems, head straight to WDW or more specifically, Board Walk Villas. This is our first trip home as DVC members but I will post that part on the regular trip report board.
Saturday morning we pack the car and at 10:15am head down highway 528 for Port. We stopped at an exit just outside of Cocoa
where there is a Publix supermarket (also a Winn-Dixie there) After getting canned soda and a few other supplies, we soon cross over the Indian River and the Banana River bridge to see the Wonder! Wow is it big! The roads are clearly marked and soon we are entering the terminal entrance, past the security and show our ID and cruise docs. A porter comes and gets our bags as soon as the car stops and DH takes the car across to the parking lot while I wait on a bench outside with our carryons. He is back very quickly, and we go inside, up the stairs and check in.
Time: 11:45am. After walking around and checking out the model of the Magic, DH and I head to the small cafe in the corner of the terminal. He has a coffee and we sit and people watch while people start lining up, but all the old folks like us sit and wait till boarding:)
At 12:15 the boarding starts and we get in line and are onboard about 12:40. The first;) and not the last photo is taken and we are welcomed aboard by more people than I can count!
Mickey is waving from the top of the staircase and a band is playing.

The first site of the ship always gets us so excited! Thanks for sharing.

Tina
Magic (Western) 1/18/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter