Trip Report - September / October 2023

Wow, great 4 park challenge, you guys are rock stars! Great photo pass photos. I really enjoy your trip reports!

Wow, great 4 park challenge, you guys are rock stars! Great photo pass photos. I really enjoy your trip reports!
Thank you. I’m glad we did the 4 park challenge, but don’t think we would do it again. Well maybe not intentionally planning for it, but now that you can hop earlier it may happen naturally…

I really enjoy getting those photo pass photos otherwise it’s hard for us both to be in the picture without bothering a stranger to take a picture for us.

Awesome Job on the 4 park challenge!
Thank you. Glad we did it, but don’t think we would plan it again. I should never say never since we have started talking about it again now that you can hop at any time and don’t have to wait until 2pm to hop anymore.

Sunday 9/24/23
I went to the gym about 6 and Scott followed a little later, maybe 6:30 or so.

We did most of our normal morning routine of laundry, jacuzzi, showers, but we skipped breakfast planning and early lunch at Disney Springs. After the 4 parks yesterday, we planned to have a more chill day today.

I was texting with a friend of mine who was in Disney for the weekend and we were trying to figure out if we would be able to meet up maybe at Disney Springs today but it ended up not working out.

Scott took a quick ride to Publix for a few more items and to pick up Starbucks.

I was checking the Disney app and looked at what was available for dinner tonight and was surprised to see Space 220 available so booked it cancelling our originally booked restaurant. I would check frequently throughout the trip and kept making changes to our dining plans as we went along.

We got to Disney Springs around 11:30. In World of Disney we bought a few new shirts. The store was very crowded. We did mobile checkout which is great; it automatically applies the annual pass discount and you don’t have to keep track of a receipt in case you need to return anything since it’s right in the app. In CoOp we found a few items as well.

We went to the Boathouse for lunch and sat at the bar. We didn’t have a reservation but the bar is first come / first served. We were lucky to find two stools available.

IMG_8125.jpeg
IMG_8109.jpeg

I had Duck Duck Razz. This drink is adorable, tasty, but stronger than it looks. Scott had Beefeater straight with lime.
IMG_8111.jpeg

We started with Sea of Cortez Shrimp. These are so fresh and taste great.
IMG_8114.jpeg

We shared a lobster roll with fries. I wasn’t crazy about the lobster roll so gave my half to Scott. Nothing was wrong with it, it just wasn’t to my taste. I enjoyed the fries. The Boathouse has the best fries at Disney.
IMG_8118.jpeg

Scott ordered the Andouille shrimp Mac & cheese. Originally they brought out a plain one instead but realized it was wrong so brought the correct one. I took a picture of the plain one too. Scott enjoyed this.
IMG_8116.jpeg
IMG_8122.jpeg

The rolls covered in a cinnamon type spread were really good. I ate most of these. Last time we had rolls here they had more of a butter glaze, not the cinnamon one like today. I think maybe it’s more of a brunch way to make them. I thought they were great.
IMG_8124.jpeg

After lunch we wandered around Disney Springs some more.

Sunday 9/24/23 Continued
We left Disney Springs and went back to the resort. We went swimming for a little while at the pool right near our villa. I took a few pool pictures in the morning on the way back from the gym when it was empty so will include them here. It was a nice little break. The red curly water slide in the back is a lot of fun.
IMG_7875.jpeg
IMG_7876.jpeg

We showered and changed for the evening.

We drove to Epcot.
IMG_8133.jpeg
IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8229.jpeg

When we went on Spaceship Earth, we’re not sure what happened to Scott’s face when they took the picture but it was missing. We got a laugh out of that.
IMG_8137.jpeg

Journey to Imagination was next. We asked where/when we could meet Figment and were advised he’s available from 9-4 near the gift shop from Journey to Imagination. We were too late to meet him today but will try another day.

We went on the Seas with Nemo, this is always cute.

Living with the Land was next and is always a peaceful ride.

We walked around the park a bit just enjoying being there.

Sunday 9/24/23 Continued
We headed over to Space 220 when it was time for our reservation. It’s cute how you go in an elevator that makes it seem like you are blasting off to space.
IMG_8220.jpeg

I liked our table near the back but raised since we were able to look out over the whole restaurant and out the windows. I’m guessing a table by the windows is probably more desirable, but then you have everyone looking at you too. I preferred where we were located.
IMG_8150.jpeg

Since the dining room is a pre-fixe menu we each had an appetizer, entree, and dessert. We ordered different things so we can share everything.

I had the Illumination drink and Scott had Maker’s Bourbon
IMG_8182.jpeg

For appetizers we had the calamari and the tuna tartare. The appetizers were great, we both enjoyed them. The calamari was perfectly crispy without being greasy. I especially liked that the sauces were on the side to dip.
IMG_8186.jpeg
IMG_8184.jpeg

For entrees we had the salmon and the short rib. The salmon was a little on the dry side, but still tasty. The short rib was the better of the two entrees.
IMG_8190.jpeg
IMG_8194.jpeg

For dessert we had the chocolate cheesecake and the raspberry/chocolate cake. The desserts were pretty but not our favorites. They were OK but we would choose something else for dessert next time.
IMG_8205.jpeg
IMG_8211.jpeg

By the time we were done with dinner the restaurant definitely emptied out.
IMG_8217.jpeg

Sunday 9/24/23 Continued
When we left the restaurant the fireworks were just about over so we caught the tail end then headed out of the park.
IMG_8225.jpeg

Back at the resort we finished watching the movie we started “Just Go With It”. That was a cute movie. We like to wind down at the end of the day watching either a movie or a series on TV.

Monday 9/25/23
Scott went to the gym at 4:30 and I went closer to 5. After our workout we had our normal morning routine of laundry, jacuzzi, showers, and breakfast. Genie+ was purchased right before 7 and our first attraction booked at 7. Scott went to pick up Starbucks while I finished getting ready.

We were ready too early so did some more laundry, washing the bath and hand towels. There are plenty of towels in the villa and we can ask for more as needed. However, I like washing them with the detergent I like rather than what the hotel washes them in. I know that sounds kind of high maintenance, we really aren’t, but since we have the washer/dryer it’s easy enough to throw the towels in when we start running low.

We drove to Hollywood Studios. We bought ILL (Individual Lightening Lane) for Rise of the Resistance once the park was open (being offsite we can only purchase ILL once the park is open).

We started in the Star Wars section of the park and rode Smuggler’s Run. We were engineers. This is fun, but even more fun when you are the pilot. Actually, I would prefer if they just controlled the attraction rather than you have to have a different experience based on the skills of those in the pilot seats.
IMG_8246.jpeg

We went on Rise of the Resistance next. We got stuck while on it for a few minutes. The visual aspect of this attraction is great, but we are both a bit underwhelmed in general. The best part is the end that reminds us of Star Tours.
IMG_8252.jpeg

We stopped for a few pictures as we were walking around. The umbrellas really don’t block the sun very well. It was already hot out this day.
IMG_8345.jpeg
IMG_8362.jpeg
IMG_8368.jpeg

We rode Star Tours next. I know it’s an older attraction but we really enjoyed it.

Next was Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad. This is adorable.
IMG_8328.jpeg
IMG_8327.jpeg

When Scott went to the bathroom, I did something he’ll often do to surprise me. I took a picture by myself. It didn’t have the same impact since I’m the one always poking around in the app whether it’s booking something or looking at the photopass photos; when Scott takes a solo picture I am always surprised. But I had to tell him to look at the photos so he would see my solo picture.
IMG_8319.jpeg

Monday 9/25/23 Continued
We headed to Tower of Terror next. The wait times were definitely inflated. They told us that even with our LL it would be about 35 minutes; but I timed it and we were out after 22 minutes (including having ridden). The standby said 120 minutes but I don’t know how long it actually was since we used LL. This is hands down my favorite attraction at Hollywood Studios.
IMG_8318.jpeg
IMG_8312.jpeg
IMG_8310.jpeg

I’m not sure why the park is so crowded; this is usually a quieter time of year. I know it’s never really quiet anymore, but for late September it’s more crowded than I expected.

Rock & Roller Coaster was down. Scott was going to ride, I don’t ride this anymore so found a bench to wait for him but he was back in a few minutes since it was down.
IMG_8307.jpeg

We went to Muppets which is always cute and a nice place to cool off and sit in comfortable seats for a bit.

We headed to the Toy Story section of the park.

Slinky Dog Dash was fun as always. It was down temporarily but we must have timed it right since it came back available just as we got over there and our LL window opened.
IMG_8302.jpeg

We went on Toy Story Mania next and enjoyed our ride, but didn’t remember all the tips we read about the last trip. We’ll have to google that again before our next ride.

Monday 9/25/23 Continued
It was almost time for our reservation at Woody’s Roundup Rodeo, but not quite. We didn’t want to go too far when we only had maybe 15 minutes to wait. We headed to Disney history and wandered through keeping cool before we were able to check into Woody’s Roundup Rodeo.

We checked in and were seated on time. Many of the tables have hard chairs, this is a pet peeve of mine. If I’m having a meal at a restaurant I would like a comfortable chair to sit on. There were a few tables with cushioned seats. They originally brought us to a table with hard seats; I asked if it’s possible to have one of the tables with cushioned seats or if I could swap the chairs. They were able to accommodate my request for the softer seat table. I know, once again I sound very high maintenance. If they couldn’t accommodate the request, it would have been fine, I would have made do with the hard chair.

There is a lot of cute theming at this restaurant. The waiter was very helpful, explaining how the menu works. He brought our beverages quickly; we stuck with soda and water.
IMG_8265.jpeg
IMG_8272.jpeg

The biscuits were great. They come with a jam, but I was happy to eat them plain.
IMG_8281.jpeg

The waiter brought us all the salads; they were pretty good. There was a watermelon salad, a green salad, and a tomato salad.
IMG_8279.jpeg
IMG_8277.jpeg
IMG_8275.jpeg

Monday 9/25/23 Continued
The main platter of meat came out next. Unfortunately, this wasn’t that good. The brisket was very fatty. The chicken was odd tasting. The salmon didn’t taste like salmon, it didn’t have much taste at all. The ribs were pretty good (once Scott pulled the meat off the bone for me). The sausage was decent.
IMG_8294.jpeg
IMG_8295.jpeg

The sides we chose were OK, just OK.
IMG_8285.jpeg
IMG_8286.jpeg
IMG_8288.jpeg
IMG_8290.jpeg

The waiter offered to bring us more of anything else we wanted, but we didn’t need anything else. We didn’t finish what was originally brought out.

For dessert Scott had the Forky cupcake that he liked. I tried the lemon blueberry cheesecake which was just OK so I didn’t finish it.
IMG_8298.jpeg
IMG_8300.jpeg

While I’m glad we gave a new place a try, it’s a one and done for us. I know it’s mass produced for crowds so we lowered our expectations going in, but it just wasn’t our type of place.

We walked around the park a bit more then headed out.

We thought about going to Disney Springs but it was still very hot out so thought maybe we should go for a late swim. When we got back to the villa we decided to take showers first since we felt so sweaty and gross. We were wiped out from the heat. After showering and feeling clean, we laid down to watch some TV in the cool villa and relax a bit. You can probably guess where this is going…we fell asleep.

Tuesday 9/26/23
Scott went to the gym at 4am and I went around 4:30. After our workouts, most of our normal morning routine of laundry, jacuzzi, and showers.

We didn’t make breakfast today. We have the “Owner’s Update” presentation this morning. The plan is after the presentation to head to Disney Springs for Gideon’s and Everglazed, and possibly breakfast or early lunch from Earl of Sandwich. We are meeting Jen, Kevin, and Dana at Cocoa Beach this afternoon. Jen & Kevin are on a cruise on Oasis of the Seas which has a port stop in Port Canaveral. Dana lives in Florida.

The Owner’s Update was kind of a waste of time. While we learned a few things, it’s just a sales push at the end. We were there longer than expected. They wanted us to buy more points in the new way they are doing things. But the sales guy even said we should not give up our deeded property, just add a new contract. We didn’t add anything; we’re happy with what we have.

We drove to Disney Springs realizing we’re not going to have as much time as we thought we would.

Gideon’s wasn’t doing a virtual queue, just a standby line which they said would take an hour. I assumed they are overstating that since we’ve waited standby before and the line didn’t look that long. I waited and Scott headed over to Earl of Sandwich to pick up sandwiches for us. He was back pretty quickly and the wait on the Gideon’s standby line ended up being about 30 minutes before we were in the store.

We wanted to bring cookies for Dana’s birthday. She’s never had Gideon’s cookies before. We bought a bunch of cookies to bring with us and also a few for Scott and I to freeze and bring home. We also bought a slice of the white Oreo cake and a Peanut Butter cold brew.

We didn’t go to Everglazed since that’s on the other side of Disney Springs and we didn’t have time.

We went back to the resort to put the cookies for us and the cake in the freezer.
IMG_8389.jpeg
IMG_8382.jpeg
IMG_8383.jpeg

We ate our Sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich; they were very good. Scott had the Italian and I had the Original (light sauce).
IMG_8387.jpeg
IMG_8388.jpeg

We left to drive to Cocoa Beach. We found the beach where Jen & Kevin were dropped off by their cruise excursion. The parking lot was a bit weird how to pay to park, so let’s hope I don’t end up with crazy charges on my American Express (so far so good). We hung out a the beach for a while, but the weather wasn’t great. It was kind of overcast and gloomy out. Later on there was lightening and thunder which was our hint to leave the beach. I can’t believe I forgot to take any pictures at the beach.

We stopped at Ron Jon Surf shop which was right near there. Scott and Kevin both found shirts they wanted.

We drove over to Fish Lips. Dana and her son Aaron met us at Fishlips. They were planning to meet us at the beach but with the bad weather we changed plans. Scott and I suggested this place since we went there several years ago for dinner the night before a cruise that left from Port Canaveral. It was an odd time so the place was empty. Since it was so empty we didn’t feel bad that we hung out there for a bit. We made sure to tip more than normal since we were at the table a while; the place was pretty empty the whole time we were there so it’s not like we were preventing others from sitting. If it was crowded or there were people waiting we wouldn’t have stayed that long. We weren’t hungry since we had our sandwiches earlier so we shared a Poke appetizer but everyone else ate. It was really nice hanging out with everyone.
IMG_8395.jpeg

The Gideon’s cookies were a big hit and everyone was giving the different flavors a try.

We drove my sister and Kevin back to their ship around 6:45

Tuesday 9/26/23 Continued
After dropping off my sister and Kevin at their ship we headed back to Disney. While we were driving back, it was a torrential downpour. Rain in Florida is no joke, it was pretty wild. It should be about an hour or so to drive back, but with the bad weather it took a bit longer.

When we got back we had dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse.
IMG_8409.jpeg

I had a Pomegranate Mojito and Scott had a Martini
IMG_8411.jpeg

We shared a filet with grilled shrimp, fries, and Mac & cheese for Scott.
IMG_8412.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg
IMG_8421.jpeg

For dessert we shared the Pumpkin Cheesecake. We are loving this pumpkin cheesecake.
IMG_8424.jpeg

We sat at the bar to eat and have had the same bartender taking care of us the few times we’ve been here this trip so she’s gotten to know us and joke around with us. Scott asked for a double espresso with dessert and her response was “This isn’t Starbucks” and she gave him a regular coffee. This cracked us up. We had a lot of fun hanging out here.

Back at the resort, we started watching Jaws2, not sure why we’re on this Jaws kick.

Wednesday 9/27/23
We both went to the gym around 6. Just before 7 we bought Genie+ and booked our first attraction at 7.

Back in the villa, our normal morning routine of laundry, jacuzzi, showers, and breakfast. Scott took a quick ride to Publix to pick up a few more cases of water while I finished getting ready.

We drove to Magic Kingdom. There was a backup in the parking lot to pull in after the toll booth, I’m not sure why since it’s usually very organized. I can’t complain much since we ended up with a great parking spot in the row, just about the first car. When we went to the ferry we were among the last few people on before they closed the gates.

Scott is wearing his new Tshirt from Ron Jon that he got in Cocoa Beach yesterday.
IMG_8431.jpeg

We bought Individual Lightening Lanes for Tron as soon as the park was open and we were able to.
IMG_8536.jpeg

I like this picture that looks like a postcard but there we are on the bottom right side.
IMG_8560.jpeg

We went on Haunted Mansion. We both enjoy this and one day we won’t look so goofy in the picture.
IMG_8567.jpeg
IMG_8574.jpeg
IMG_8575.jpeg

Philharmagic was next. This is such a nice relaxing show. Every seat is a good seat; I don’t get why people insist on stopping in the middle. I like to be near the end so at the end of the show we aren’t stuck behind people taking their time to exit.

This was super exciting for me anyway…we found this picture. We’ve taken this at Epcot several times and Animal Kingdom a few times. This is the first time we found the photographer doing this at Magic Kingdom.
IMG_8556.jpeg

It was time for us to go on Tron. I’m taking a chance since often I’ll have Scott go on a new attraction first to tell me if he thinks I can ride it or if it would make me sick. From everything I read it’s a smooth roller coaster that doesn’t flip so we’re going to try it together for the first time. I knew I didn’t want to ride in the bike seats since I expect I would feel claustrophobic so asked to ride in the regular seat instead; Scott rode with me so we could experience a new ride together.
IMG_8561.jpeg

I’m glad I did it, but I don’t know if I’ll do it again. The launch was super fast; Scott was yelling things like “WooHoo” throughout and I think he was doing that for my benefit so I wouldn’t get nervous. It didn’t make me nauseous or anything like that, but I definitely felt a bit woozy after riding.
IMG_8778.jpeg
IMG_8777.jpeg

Although we had 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain stacked to go on next, after riding Tron, I didn’t want to do another coaster right away.

Wednesday 9/27/23 Continued
We decided to leave the park but stopped for a few pictures on the way out.
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8529.jpeg

We headed to Disney Springs to go bowling at Splittsville. This was so much fun.

They have laneside service for food/drinks. The guy that greeted us was great; he was super attentive. He brought us water as soon as he came over. We ordered soda and a pizza.
IMG_8442.jpeg

We played 3 games. We were very excited when we got a strike or a spare.
IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_8451.jpeg

When we were done and paid the check, the server hugged Scott. We’ll often over tip, especially when service is good but this guy’s reaction was priceless.

We stopped at Everglazed which was right across from Splittsville and got 6 donuts to go
Chocolate Iced
Nutella Boston Cream
Cookies and Cream
Apple Streusel
Purple Ube
Iconic Donut

We drove back to the resort and froze some of the donuts, leaving some in the fridge to try later.
IMG_8456.jpeg

Wednesday 9/27/23 Continued
It was a hot day so we went swimming for a while, until it started to rain. Then we went back upstairs to shower and change for the evening.

We planned to go to Tambu Lounge for dinner so drove to the Polynesian. It was a torrential downpour. Since we didn’t have an official reservation (Tambu Lounge doesn’t take reservations) they asked us to park at the TTC. That’s totally reasonable but in this weather, we didn’t want to deal with that so left and ended up going to Bahama Breeze instead and sat at the bar.
IMG_8493.jpeg

I had a Strawberry Mojito and Scott had a Martini
IMG_8497.jpeg

We shared the Chicken Tostones appetizer
IMG_8505.jpeg

We shared the Caribbean Red Snapper entree.
IMG_8507.jpeg

Scott was still hungry so ordered an Applewood Cheddar burger with fries.
IMG_8510.jpeg

After dinner we headed back to the resort and had a few of the donuts, sharing them so we each got to try the different ones we had.

Our movie choice for tonight was Jaws3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter