Trip Report Part 2

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
We went over to Disney villageabout 7:30pm and headed right for the balloon.I think it was 12 euros/person and less for children. There wasn't too long a wait and we went up just as the sun started setting and the lights in Disney were on. It was very lovely to see form up high. After the balloon, we started thinking about eating (we had had such a late lunch so we were not quite starving.) We stopped to watch a rather good magic show :wizard: that the kids really enjoyed and then went to Annette's diner. My DS9, Michael had wanted to do the bungee jumping thing they had set up by the entrance to Disney Village. He saw it when we first walked in and he's done it in other theme parks and really loves it. We said, let's do the balloon first and we'll come back to this. Unfortunately, they closed early and he was rather disappointed. But the waiter in Annette's was so friendly and nice, it quicky took his mind off of it. We then did a little shopping and it was time to return to Paris. I felt very good that we got to do most of the things in DLP that we set out to do and had a wonderful visit there. :cloud9: We just had one problem at the rail station that I will post later.

Annette's Diner is one of our favourites - kids have empty plates (well frizbees :goodvibes ).
Would love to see pictures from Balloon, if you have any :)

Reid

How was the Balloon ride, where did they take you,was it worth the euros?

Anettes is a really fun place to eat :goodvibes

:earsgirl:

Sorry, my pictures did not come out well from the balloon. :sad2:
Sharon, to answer you question, the balloon didn't really go anywhere. It is tethered to the ground so it just goes directly up. You're not "flying" anywhere. It gives you a nice view of the parks and village. I think it was worth the euros because it was something very different to do.

The balloon does sound interesting. Does anyone know if it will be open through October? Kaygela, I'm so glad you were pleased with DLP. I love it when WDW veterans love both parks for what they are and their comparisons are honest. I agree with you - when it's Disney there is magic - whatever language it's in!! :flower1: :Pinkbounc

Also, I agree about Annette's! We ate there 4 times I think on our last visit! :goodvibes

Is it too off topic to ask what your kids most enjoyed in Paris? On our 3rd visit I would like to get my daughter to some more of the museums and such... :wave2:

We love Annette's too. Lots of fun!

What a shame your son didn't get to do the bungee jump thing. Still I bet it was amazing to be up in the balloon as the sun sets!

Thanks for sharing your time at DLP. Like Jody, I'm always interested in what people make of DLP after WDW.

I'm so glad you had such a great time!

Is it too off topic to ask what your kids most enjoyed in Paris? On our 3rd visit I would like to get my daughter to some more of the museums and such... :wave2:[/QUOTE]

Jody-
They loved going up the Arc De Triomphe and into the bell tower of Notre Dame. The views were spectacular! They also loved the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsay (my favorite ). We also took a day trip to Versailles and Giverny. And we all loved Giverny. We did that before we went to the d'orsay so it was very special to see Monet's house and gardens and then see some of the actual paintings in the museum and say, oh my, I was just standing in that spot the other day! THe kids really loved everything about Paris, as my DH and I did. We found the people to be lovely, not at all the reputation I always hear. They were friendly and helpful. Another thing we really enjoyed was the pace. It was very relaxing to sit at an outdoor cafe and not be rushed through our meal. They would let you sit there all day if you wanted. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the trip report! I'll glad to see you had such a nice time! :flower: :flower:

jodyb said:
Is it too off topic to ask what your kids most enjoyed in Paris? On our 3rd visit I would like to get my daughter to some more of the museums and such... :wave2:
I know you didn't ask me this question, but I'll say that kaygela's suggestions are great. When I was about your daughter's age (is she 13? or somewhere around there?) I particularly liked the Centre Pompidou. I still love it, actually. It's a modern art museum. The exhibits are fantastic. Even if she's not usually into museums, many of the artworks at the Pompidou are large and colorful and very appealing.

I also recommend the Picasso Museum if you like his work. I also loved this place when I was a teen.

MinnieYC said:
Thanks for the trip report! I'll glad to see you had such a nice time! :flower: :flower:

I know you didn't ask me this question, but I'll say that kaygela's suggestions are great. When I was about your daughter's age (is she 13? or somewhere around there?) I particularly liked the Centre Pompidou. I still love it, actually. It's a modern art museum. The exhibits are fantastic. Even if she's not usually into museums, many of the artworks at the Pompidou are large and colorful and very appealing.

I also recommend the Picasso Museum if you like his work. I also loved this place when I was a teen.

Those are two places that I really wanted to get to and didn't. I had also read that there's museum of magic in Paris that sounded really interesting. It's only open 3 days a week from what I remember and it didn't work out for us to go when it was open. I also heard that their Science Museum is supposed to be pretty good.

Thanks for part 2 Kaygela.:sunny: We are also planning to go up in the balloon, it must have been magical with the lights starting to come on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter