Trip report part 2!

tallym

Mouseketeer
Hi Thought I'd start a thread for my report as Thought that might make it easier to find :flower:
Part one is on the thread , Just got back.

Saturday 23rd April, My dds 5th birthday! ::MinnieMo

We awoke at the Sequoia at around 7am as we are early risers anyway. After a quick shower and cards and presents for dd we dresses her in her minnie outfit(again). It was still spotless and after the magic it worked yesterday I was defo putting it back on her.
Alas looking out of the window it was raining quite heavily :sad2: But nevermind dd wore her wellies and a cardigan and we bought the yellow ponchos from the hotel shop.
At bout 8am we went down for breakfast...well actually all we wanted was a cup of tea as we had breakfast booked at walts for 9.30am :flower:

We had no problem getting seated the CM didn't even ask for our room no or anything we just walked in and were seated straight away. There was no que at this time at all. We had a quick drink and a bun and then walked to the lobby.
DD spotted tigger and got his autograph and had her picture taken with him.

Time to leave the hotel as I planned to be at the rope drop for fantasy land for 9am. We set off with our ponchos on in the pouring rain, But dd was so happy the rain didn't matter, (although I was praying it would go off)

We made it to fantasy land for 9am and rode Peter Pan straight away ..but dd didn't like it at all so that ruled out fast pass for later.
The rain had gone off by now..Hoooray! :sunny:
So we rode dumbo too. :cheer2:

It was now 9.15am so we walked over to walts for breakfast.And dried off inside put our ponchos away and changed dds wellies to her trainers.
Outside the sun was coming out and it was getting warm!
The breakfast was nice and we had a table overlooking mainstreet were despite the previous rain we could see a lot of people.
DD got spoilt with the characters and loved it..we saw a pirate??, minnie, geppetto, goofy and can't remember who else, only one or two more but it was a nice start to the day for dd and her autograph book was filling up nicely.

After this we went back too fantasy land and the sun was shining nicely, dd and I rode snow white and had a little look in the castle, she wouldn't go near the dragon though and found snow white a bit scary :rolleyes:

Next time for lion king tickets we qued up at 10.30 and got our tickets at 11am for the 12am show. Interestingly my sis was not with us at this point and when we asked for 4 tickets we were given them no questions asked even though there was only 3 of us there. :earseek:
I thought we might have to show our park tickets but no.
We met up with sis and bought dd some popcorn and a drink then made our way to the show.
We got front row seats and the show was excellent dd was enthrawlled by it ::MickeyMo
Next time for Lunch as sis hadn't come for brakfast and was hungry.
We went to Auberge de Cendrillion as it was dds birthday and it was delightful dd enjoyed seeing cinderellas coach and as we left Cindrella herself and prince charming were just arriving outside, so dd managed to get their autograph and her picture taken before the hordes of pushy kids arrived. :)

Back to fantasy land and we rode on small world which dd loved and then the tea cups which again she loved. :love:
It was really quite warm and sunny now about 18 degrees and would stay like this all day.

It was now about 2.45 and time to head over to plaza gardens for the birthday tea I had booked...Yes I know more food, But I didn't actually eat anything here because the cakes were horrible, We just got a drink each.
But it was still worth the money because the atmosphere was brilliant it was like a real party, loads of characters and dd was up dancing, she even danced with tigger and everyone clapped at the end! :flower:

I got all this on my video so was delighted. She must have got about 8 more auto graphs and Then of course the came came out and she got to blow out the candles with the characters to help! :Pinkbounc

After this it was time for the parade 4pm..so we watched this in the glourios sunshine at the very start by its a small world then followed it down to main street and watched it disapear. DD was so close at the very end that Mary poppins even said Happy birthday to her and blew her a kiss! (she had a hat with mon anniversaire on it)

We were quite tired by now and the park was packed so we headed to disney village and dd chose her presents. She got a Jasmine outfit complete with hat with chiffon and wand and matching necklace.
I got her a snow globe that she chose..(it was minnie) and I said she could choose any cuddly toy she wanted in the disney store.(I was hoping she wouldn't choose a massive one) Luckily she chose princess minnie ::MinnieMo

Sis bought her a sleeping beauty music box and a Jasmine doll.

By now it was about 5pm and dd was getting tired as were we, so we went back to Sequoia rested washed changed and at at 7.30 made our way to the Disneyland hotel; for our special character meal at Inventions. DD was dresses head to toe as Jasmine. :cool1:

Now I had done a lot of research on what reataurant to have this specaial meal at. With hindsight I wish I had chosen cafe mickey. But nevermind.
I didn't really rate the food but then Iam not into posh food and too be honest the charaters were not as good a cafe mickey. we had Mickey! OK I know hes good :earsboy:
Gideon? Chip and dale, pluto goofy and can't remember who else.
Anyway dd was delighted when another birthday cake was brought out and the happy birthday came on ....all the waiters clapped and sang and gidoen?? danced along.

I thought the DLH was beautiful and would love to stay there next time... we had a lovely stoll back to the hotel it was a very nice night and we were flat out in bed for around 10.30 pm.
DD had had a wonderful 5th birthday that she will always remember.

What a fantastic birthday for your DD. And what a lovely mum you are - getting it all sorted!! :goodvibes

What a special mum you are :cool1: Your daughter must have had a ball :sunny:

Sorry to hear that Inventions was not all you hoped :confused3

Reid

Aawww! Thanks so much for that Becky and Reid :flower:
Its really nice of you both to say! :sunny:

Memories to last a lifetime I would say :) For you and DD :)

Have you any photos to share of Birthday Minnie??

What a magical day!

That sounds like a really wonderful day for all of you - well done!! :cool1: Isn't it great having kids to arrange all these lovely things for??? :banana: :banana: :banana: Looking forward to the next part!! :sunny:

:wave2:
Definitely sounds like a great trip/birthday present for your little daughter! You really went all out, but you know what-- they are kids only once, and it goes by so fast.....well done!

You have given me some ideas, as we are going end of the week and are having 2 birthdays! :flower:

Is there a part 3?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.:teeth:
I do miss not having a little girl to dress up in Minnie dresses and that sort of thing,but don't tell my DH or he will be getting ideas .;)
Hope there is another installment to come.

You're report is wonderful, so glad you all had such a great time, you're little girl must have felt so special - a birthday she'll always remember. :earsgirl:

I really enjoyed reading that. What a magical day for you and your DD. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter