Trip report for Dec. 9-15 2012

RevKjb

love the MBs
Hello DVCers!

We actually didn't check in to SSR until Dec. 10, but left home to stay overnight in Buffalo NY on Dec. 9...so that's when our trip started. Flew out early Sunday and were in Orlando by 11:20am.

Check in with the "special" online check in at the front desk was no faster or efficient than other lines or were they "more" ready for us. We somehow didn't get the text that our THV was ready @ 130pm, but we called soon after, so were able to get in just after a nice lunch at AP.

Oh, "US" were Me, DW, DS11, DD9, FIL, MIL, BIL. It was a good trip with them overall, but showed the decline in both MIL and FIL (in their late 70's so can be excused for many things!). It was our 2nd time in THV for the 4 in our family, but 1st for others, so they were very impressed.

1st order of business...EMH @ HS. Yes, we braved the crowds and after our 50's PTC dinner, enjoyed some rides, and were completely taken with the Osbourne Lights. The kids never even asked once to leave or said they were bored! Even my Scrooge-heart was melted a wee bit by the spectacle. The "snow" just added to the atmosphere and I didn't have to wear a jacket! I will give full marks and full recommendation to anyone thinking of doing HS at Christmastide. It's well worth it. BTW, Toy Story Mania, saw me hit 217,000+ this time 'round.

More later.

To follow up on hte lunch at AP, i am not sure that the "table service" by number is the most efficient way to carry out meal service at SSR. Also, the way the line moves or doesn't move needs improvement too. I'm sad to say/think that the moderates/values do it a little bit better.

Any thoughts?

Mara at AKL uses a pager system and that seems to work well. It keeps everyone from bunching up and waiting for their food. You can go pay, get your drinks and find a table.

We arrived at Ak fairly early in the day (Monday, Dec. 10) for us...like 10:30. We did the safari and then lunch....what to do? On the recommendation of a nearby CM, we tired "YAK & YETI" for the first time. WONDERFUL! The food was great, the atmosphere was interesting and our server very accomodating to the kids. I would recommend it over others I've tried in AK.

The evening was fun-filled as we met MIL & FIL at the HOOP-DEE-DO review. I was glad to see the show. The food was good and I was impressed with the dedicated buses at the end of the show to whisk us away back to sweet dreams at our THV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter