Trip Report (Day 5: 22 May 2003)

KK Cat

Mouseketeer
Disneyland Resort Paris Trip Report

Day 4 (Wednesday 21 May 2003)

Cast: Me (Anne-Marie 35), my Mum Breda, nephew Patrick (11) and niece Jade (7)

Staying at: Hotel Cheyenne

Oh no! It’s our last day. After a late breakfast we just had to pack away the last few bits (OK, stuff would be a more appropriate wordJ We left our bags in the left luggage in the Cheyenne and walked to the parks again, I really like the short walk, and wouldn’t bother using the bus if it’s not raining. Said goodbye to the ducks and swans, and headed to the Studios. Today was all repeats: We did Tram Tour, Cinemagique and the Stunt Show again, and after just a teensy bit more shopping (yeah I know ;-) we went back to the Disneyland Park (why isn’t it called Magic Kingdom, I prefer Magic Kingdom). Peter Pan was too busy (as always, we didn’t see the Fastpass machines for Peter Pan in action at all this week), so we did Small World, Snow White, Tea Cups, Pirates (for about the 10th time this week!). The only non-repeat of today was Le Visionarium. Somehow on this trip we totally missed Mickey’s Show Time in Videopolis, despite looking at these maps every 15 mins for 5 days, we still missed it until I was going through the map with a colleague of mine who is going in July!

We did Phantom Manor again and this was our last “ride”, other than the train ride, we did one last tour of the park and then left. Boo hoo! Our flight was at 8.30 p.m. but we weren’t sure about traffic etc, so wanted to get the bus at 5 to the airport to be sure. We ate in McDonalds in the village and headed back to the hotel to get our bags. We got the bus at 5 to the airport, I was surprised on this how easy it would be to get confused, the driver only made his announcements in French, and almost everyone got off the bus at the first stop which was Terminal 2. I saw some of those people later at Terminal 1, he did not make it clear that there would be more than one stop, and when we got our bus on the first day, we got on an empty bus which only left from T1. We had way too much time at the airport, but it’s better be safe and all that……. Flight left on time and we picked up car in the long stay and drove home without incident. Arrived safely back in Kilkenny (Ireland for those who don’t know) at just after midnight.

Sorry to answer my own post! This is of course Day 5! I copied and pasted heading and then forgot to edit. Apologies!

Ann Marie - What time would you suggest leaving for the airport ?
Our flight is at 8.20pm, but I don't want to be hanging around for hours.

I guess it depends on the day of the week, I believe Sunday is supposed to be much busier. We got the bus scheduled for 5, though it was didn't actually come till 5.10 and then it was another 10 mins or getting all the bags in etc, but we were still at the airport at just after 6. We checked in straight away and were mooching around the duty free (which isn't up to much in Terminal 1) by 6.30. Our flight was at 8.30 p.m. on a Thursday. Terminal 2 looks much bigger and busier, so that may make a difference also.

Another family who were in the same hotel as us (Cheyenne) and going home on the same flight as us missed their intended bus at 5.35 and got the bus at 6 which didn't leave till 6.15 and they were still in loads of time, we were waiting together and swapping stories in the waiting area by 7.40, and at that they said they got a little lost in the airport.

Regards
Anne Marie

Alexandra - Is your flight from CDG?

If so, then I would leave it as light as you can. The airport is really not a nice place - Very dirty and there are few shops and restaurants. If you see the concierge in your hotel they will give you a timetable with the times of the VEA shuttle coach. They can also recommend at what time you leave.

Richard. :)

Yes Richard we are going from CDG.
I definatly want to leave as late as possible, but I don't want to cut it too fine. We'll be travelling home on a Friday, and I don't know about Paris, but Fridays here are always quite manic traffic wise.
I'm thinking of leaving Disney around 6pm for the 8.20pm flight. By the time we get to the aiport, get the bags and check in, there shouldn't be too much time left for hanging around (fingers crossed :p ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter