Trip Report BCV 8/19-8/26 (Long)

mom23boys

DIS Veteran
Our trip was great there was 11 of us; Me, DH, DS (11,6,3), DM, DSis, DN (9,7), DMIL and DFIL

We had a great time at BCV, but it was sooooo hot. We were in room 553 a dedicated two bedroom, although I loved it my 6 yo son did not. You see the last time we had a lockoff and there were two safes and two refrigerators, this time there was not. So we started the trip with some tears. My DSis was in a studio room 539 (looked good) and my DIL were in a studio room 561 (I did not go in their room).

Our room was clean my only complaint is that on the bench cushion there was a noticable stain and in front of it on the rug there was another stain. They must of tried to bleach them out because it turned the cushion and the rug a much lighter color.

Our room faced Epcot, so every night we were in our room, we saw Illuminations fireworks, they were great.

I used TGM for my planning and it worked like a charm. We never waited more then 10 minutes for a ride and used fast pass when we needed. Now the crowds were very light, I was speaking with a CM at MK and he said on Aug 23, Tuesday there were only 31,000 people that had come through so far, usually in the summer there are 80,000. So much lighter.

We went on the Wishes Cruise, it was wonderful. Our guide was Sarah, she was awesome. She took us all around the Lagoon and it was really relaxing.

We used the DDE card we sat down at:

BOMA - Great food, we loved this one
Chef Mickey - A Classic
China - Nine Dragons - Great Food
Crystal Palace - Better than the last time, I wonder if they changed their menu since the last time (Oct 2003)
ESPN - For my DH and DS who spend more time in gift shop then eating
Beaches and Cream - Good food, better ice cream, eat there twice
Wolf Gang Puck Cafe - Boy was this awesome, our waiter Rich he was great. It was very expensive but worth it.
Cape May Cafe - we had a late breakfast here the day we left.

We must of saved about $200 (there were 11 of us most nights).

All in all one of the best trips I have gone on, but I do not think we will go in August again. It was really hot and we were really tired from the heat.

Sharon

Sounds like you had a great trip. We leave in 3 days for BWV and I am trying to mentally prepare for the heat. It has cooled down in NJ. Hope the crowds continue to be light. Gotta love the DDE :) Thanks for posting.

To a Mom23boys

Had to smile as I started to read your report as we just moved out of that room on the 19th (also noticed the stains but didn't give them much thought since my "real" home also has that very lived-in look).

Glad you had a good time, and yes it was VERY hot this year

I absolutely LOVED this room, first a dedicated two bedroom always seems so much more roomier that a lockoff to me, the firework view was fantastic, location between the two elevators was great and the balcony was hugh. If we could request rooms i'd ask for this room every time.

from a Mom of 3 boys
deb

If you MGM tram announcer is named Mike - tell him mom says HI :wave:

How was the balcony situation from this room? Was there access from both bedrooms and the LR?

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!!! Can't wait to go back.

OK, CaliforniaDreaming, I think I'm getting better at this pic stuff....

f0vgis.jpg

This is taken from the end of BCV that is going toward Epcot, near the service road. Room 553 is partially showing straight toward the camera on the top floor. This one doesn't show the full balcony but would assume it is the same as 533. I also have this reported as a Ded. 2 bdrm w/2 Queens.

This is a neat pic because it shows that there is no dumpster view at BCV!!

lisareniff said:
I also have this reported as a Ded. 2 bdrm w/2 Queens.

Hmmm... I just booked a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV for April and the CM noted that this room will NOT have 2 queens, but rather a queen and a sofabed in the 2nd bedroom. Was she wrong?

There are some dedicated villas with 2 queens in the second bedrooms, while others have a queen and sleeper sofa. You have to book one or the other. :)

I see... perhaps those with 2 queens were already booked when I called. Its not really a problem. My friend and her 4 year old daughter will be in that room and her daughter will likely want to sleep with her in the queen. Thanks for the info. :flower:

Tina said:
Hmmm... I just booked a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV for April and the CM noted that this room will NOT have 2 queens, but rather a queen and a sofabed in the 2nd bedroom. Was she wrong?

You can reserve three types of 2 bedroom villas at BCV:
-Lock-off
-Dedicated with 2 Queens in the second bedroom
-Dedicated with 1 Queen and a full sized sleeper sofa

So, I think the CM was indicating that you reserved the last catagory (Dedicated with Queen/sleeper in 2nd bdrm). There are only 25 (or 28) of the Dedicated with 2 Queens and they get reserved quickly.

HTH

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Thanks for the pic. Does this area go out to the service road?

Yes it does. I didn't actually see it. I sent DH on a mission for me while I was dealing with sleeping children (or children that should have been sleeping!) He thought I was crazy but did it anyway. I wanted pictures of the backside of BCV!

Well then, I'm glad you sent him on the mission! lol ;) I'm promise I'll have a full BCV report when I get back (although, it won't be till May). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter