Trip Report 7/7-9

Ross3half

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 took a long weekend trip down to DLR this past VERY HOT weekend. Did I mention it was hot?!?! But, we all survived! We stayed at the Hyatt House for the first time which was great. Nice newer hotel, good rooms, comfy beds, great free breakfast, decent walk, overall a good option (although a couple front desk reps could use some improved customer service).

We had 2-day park hoppers so we didn't have early entry and we arrived at the parks at 8:30am both Saturday and Sunday. Security wasn't bad (after the terrible lines I've read about) -- we were through it within 10 minutes tops, sometimes with no lines at all when we were coming and going.

Buying MaxPass was very easy when we entered the parks, but I felt like I was on my phone too much in order to make sure I booked what everyone wanted at the right times and that our photos came through correctly. But, it was worth it because we walked onto the rides with very little wait in the shortened MP lines. We only had one long-ish wait, which was 50 minutes for Soarin at noon on Saturday when we were trying to fill time between MPs. Incredicoaster went down just when we were ready to board first thing Sat. morning and stayed down most of the day but we got to ride it at night with our automatic Multiple Experience Pass -- it's so convenient that those load into your app for you. We all loved the re-themed Incredicoaster and GotG!

Sunday morning in Disneyland was AMAZING! Every ride was pretty much a walk-on for the whole morning. I'd read that Sundays are generally bad so it was a pleasant surprise. By 11am, we'd ridden Splash, Space, Indy, BTMM, Matterhorn, Teacups, HM, POC, Jungle Cruise, Astroblasters and Pooh, plus visited Tink in Pixie Hollow, watched Marry Poppins castle show, took castle photos, got Dole Whip and rode Main St vehicle...in just 2.5 hours!! Evenings were more crowded but very manageable with the MP's I'd reserved during our afternoon hotel breaks. Although crowds were surprisingly better than we anticipated, the heat was rough. We usually love hot weather but those 100-degree days can be brutal in the parks and made a couple of us feel a bit sick when combined with the constant ride motion.

Monday we drove over to Huntington, Newport and Balboa before our evening flight. We rented bikes, had lunch, waded in the water, took pics, hunted for shells and sand dollars, walked all 3 piers, and called it a wrap to head back to SNA with no traffic at 4pm on a Monday.

Thanks everyone for your trip planning help!

I don’t remember seeing the Mary Poppins show on the schedule but it was happening when we were passing by the castle a little after 10am on Sunday so we stopped to watch. They had a band with them and Mary and Bert were doing a routine with songs, ending with Supercalifragilistic. It was a fun little performance. BTW, we also ran into Alice and the Mad Hatter at the teacups and had a fun conversation/interaction with them...pretty funny, and fun, even for my teens!

I don’t remember seeing the Mary Poppins show on the schedule but it was happening when we were passing by the castle a little after 10am on Sunday so we stopped to watch. They had a band with them and Mary and Bert were doing a routine with songs, ending with Supercalifragilistic. It was a fun little performance. BTW, we also ran into Alice and the Mad Hatter at the teacups and had a fun conversation/interaction with them...pretty funny, and fun, even for my teens!
How fun! We all love Mary poppins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter