Trip report 3/13-3/16

ssi6

Earning My Ears
We were yearly WDW visitors but this was our first trip in 3 1/2 years due to kids being older, busier schedules, etc. We had complimentary tickets waiting for us (another story) so we could not get them in advance to book FP+ and had to pick them up at a park. Our last visit was less than stellar but we were really looking forward to this trip after such a long absence.

Arrived by car Thursday evening and checked in to Pop Century. No line, no waiting. Received our MB's in the mail a few weeks earlier and of course, left them in the car when we went in to register so had to run back out and get them. This was our first experience with these and didn't know the procedure. Went to our room (which always seems to be as far as possible from the food court???) and the rooms were perfect. Very clean and just what you'd expect at Disney. For some reason even though my MB worked on opening the room door the first time, it quit working after that. Everyone elses worked fine. I had to walk back up to the main building and get them to reactivate it. :( Took a dip in the pool and got some dinner and settled in for the night.

Caught a bus to HS at 8:15 and were there 20 minutes before opening. Picked up our tickets at Guest Relations. We stayed at HS until 5:00, went back to the room for a couple hours to swim and rest, then went to Epcot until 10:30 pm. The next day was MK from 10:00 until 5:30 or so. So here's my observations.

The new FP+ is nice that you can get 3 rides at once but we were surprised at HS when we wanted to pick TOT and RRC and discovered you can't get FP for both. So we picked TOT, Toy Story and Star Wars (for lack of a better 3rd choice). When we went to SW there was no waiting so the FP was wasted on that. When we went to Toy Story the stand-by line was shorter than I've ever seen it. And when we scanned our MB's for the FP line, the guy at the stairs wasn't paying attention and sent us up the stairs on the stand-by side!!! Fortunately it was short so we just stayed there.

Two main things I noticed about FP+. The posted wait times at the ride entrances seem to be way off now. TOT said 20 mins one time and it took us 60 minutes. RRC said 40 and it took us 70. I think this is a result of them giving out SO many FP's that the stand-by lines are being held up longer than they used to be. I think FP+ is a great concept but there's still some tweaking left to do.

I was a little baffled that we stil had to carry MB's and the old style cards for park entrance and FP+. I thought that was the whole point of MB's. So you only had one thing to keep track of and use.

We had a fantastic trip. Entrance to the park was def faster. It was crowded but the longest we waited for any ride was 70 minutes. Can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter