Trip planning for the 1st week of June, '06

diamondprincess

Earning My Ears
Hello all! :wave:

I am planning a trip to DL this June and had a few questions. As far as the Southern California schools, when do most get out for summer? I am planning the trip for the first week of June, because it is my understanding that the schools let out the 2nd week? Does anyone know what the dates are for this year?

Another question...I'm taking my family...so total there would be 6 adults...Would a package vacation deal be the best bet? We are planning on getting the 5-day park hopper passes. I do have a deal on a hotel...a friend I went to school with works there and she can get me a really good deal. I would just be looking for airfare (from El Paso, TX) and the park tickets.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm starting to get really excited! This is going to be the first vacation ever for my little twin sisters and they are 13! :banana:

Some S CA schools let out at the end of May and most end the first or second week of June. So as you go through June, it gets progressively more crowded. Also, you'll likely have to deal with Grad Nights on the Wednesday and Thursday of your week. While the graduating seniors won't be in the parks during the day, the parks close early those evenings (by 9). Also, during the day, there may be school groups there.

Also that is when the select anual pass holders can use their passes for the last few times before they are blacked out..

I know we have planned our vacation to California just so we can use our passes before they expire in August.

School children also have end of the year field trips..

There is also the June gloom that happens. it can be cold and foggy in the morning where you need a sweatshirt and stuff. and after that burns off it can become warmer and sunny.

Try Southwest for plane tickets. Just got mine for $87.00 but that is only one way. They have not opened up tickets to be sold past the 9th of June. So we don't know how long we are staying.. Just on a wing and a prayer to get home.

HTH!

I am also planning a trip in June. Thur, Jun 8- Mon, Jun 12. Do kids from grad nites tend to stay for the following days after grad nite?

I was concerned about the time of year also. Good luck on your trip. Maybe it will work out for the both of us.

Unless things have changed in the 17 years since graduated, they are bussed back to their schools at about 6am.

Thanks for the information. This is definitely good to know. It sounds like Grad Nite may not affect me too much other than the park closing earlier on Thrusday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter