• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip of a lifetime.....Disney Christmas, Birthday, Food * BIG & final update!

Enough time too for a little sing along!!!

481.jpg

484-1.jpg

480.jpg

And my final Disneyland photo's for the trip................

494.jpg

493.jpg

492.jpg

491.jpg

490.jpg

And the final pic of the entire trip was taken in Downtown Disney........................

496.jpg

So, there we have it folks. The end of a very special journey for our little family. We had some of the most memorable moments of our lives on this trip and are so thankful we had the opportunity to have such a wonderful experience. After all the hard work and saving for close to 2 years, we will remember this trip with fond memories....................always.

Thanks to you all for joining me and helping me re live our trip:love:

I do have some pics that I thought I might post of some of the things we brought home if anyone would like to see them.........................just let me know! I am thinking of posting some of our Photopass pics too!

Another adventure awaits however, so let the pre trip report begin...................:cool1:

Thanks again and heres to many more Disney adventures for us all:woohoo:

Take care

Sue:flower3:

Thank YOU for sharing :goodvibes ... it has been a wonderful distraction for me and helps keep my memories fresh too! Look forward to your PTR. :wizard:

What a wonderful last Day! I'm looking forward to your next trip! Did you already post a link? I forgot. If you did I probably already checked in and don't remember. :rotfl2:

So glad you got around to finishing your TR - I've really enjoyed reading the last few days worth! And got to hear all about your magical Christmas there too :-) Will make sure I keep an eye out for your Halloween TR.

Thanks Sue for taking the time to share your holiday, I have enjoyed every minute of your TR and it has bought back some fond memories of my trip almost 20 years ago. It has also prepared me for my next trip in March, as I have an extra travel buddy this time, my daughter who will be turning eight the day after we arrive in the US. This trip will be my special birthday present to her. She is very excited and I have been very busy doing as much research as possible to ensure a smooth, well planned trip. We are also planning stops in San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite and San Francisco (the last three I have never been to) and will be there for 22 days in total, 10 days in Anaheim. Again thanks for the wonderful TR, I have enjoyed every minute of your families journey.
Vanessa

What a wonderful last Day! I'm looking forward to your next trip! Did you already post a link? I forgot. If you did I probably already checked in and don't remember. :rotfl2:

It was a wonderful day and I am looking forward to my next trip too!!!:lmao:

Haven't posted a link yet, but I am hoping to get the PTR up and running real soon!:thumbsup2

So glad you got around to finishing your TR - I've really enjoyed reading the last few days worth! And got to hear all about your magical Christmas there too :-) Will make sure I keep an eye out for your Halloween TR.

So glad you enjoyed the TR! It make it so much more worthwhile when you know people are enjoying it:flower3:

I will be getting a start on the PTR real soon! I am looking forward to counting down with you all!!!:woohoo:

Take care:goodvibes

Thanks Sue for taking the time to share your holiday, I have enjoyed every minute of your TR and it has bought back some fond memories of my trip almost 20 years ago. It has also prepared me for my next trip in March, as I have an extra travel buddy this time, my daughter who will be turning eight the day after we arrive in the US. This trip will be my special birthday present to her. She is very excited and I have been very busy doing as much research as possible to ensure a smooth, well planned trip. We are also planning stops in San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite and San Francisco (the last three I have never been to) and will be there for 22 days in total, 10 days in Anaheim. Again thanks for the wonderful TR, I have enjoyed every minute of your families journey.
Vanessa

Hi there Vanessa:wave2:

Thank you ever so much for your comments! It is so nice to know that people have enjoyed the report and I must say, I have certainly enjoyed writing it!!!
Sounds like you will be having a magical time soon yourself!:wizard: To spend time in the USA with your daughter will be something you will treasure forever and never forget. If you are anything like me, you will love San Francisco, it really is a wonderful place. When my DD noticed you were going to the big ditch ( the Grand Canyon ) she rolled her eyes and said "oh they are going to the big hole in the ground!!!:lmao: ). Needless to say she wasn't too keen!
Your daughter is very lucky to have a Mum who is taking her on a wonderful birthday adventure!
I hope you take lots of photos and have a fabulous time!

Take care

Thanks for this TR! It was so lovely to follow you and your family throughout a place that I ever so dearly want to return to (NOW!) haha. Your trip report has made me even more eager to save my money (once I return to university after the holidays hopefully there won't be as greater temptation to spend it all!) and hopefully return to DL and SanFran within the next 12 months. And after seeing all the Christmas decorations throughout Disneyland I might even try and get there for the Christmas season.

Thanks again, and I cannot wait for your Halloween trip!

Thanks for this TR! It was so lovely to follow you and your family throughout a place that I ever so dearly want to return to (NOW!) haha. Your trip report has made me even more eager to save my money (once I return to university after the holidays hopefully there won't be as greater temptation to spend it all!) and hopefully return to DL and SanFran within the next 12 months. And after seeing all the Christmas decorations throughout Disneyland I might even try and get there for the Christmas season.

Thanks again, and I cannot wait for your Halloween trip!

Awww, thanks so much for your lovely comments. I am so glad you enjoyed the report, and I had so much fun writing it. It really does help me to remember all the great memories we made and to share it with others makes it even better!!!

I can't wait for our Halloween holiday to get here!

Good luck with saving! Just keep thinking about the end reward!:wizard: And, if you can get there for Christmas, it really is just wonderful!:santa:

Take care and thanks again

Hi Sue
over the last two days I have read your TR and loved it! I have visited DL and WDW pre-children and we have decided to take our DC (5 and 3yo) in October this year as well.
It was great to look at all the photos and my children were excited too recognising some characters and checking out where we are going. DD is most excited about seeing Tinkerbell's house (Disney castle) in real life and DS will be beyond excited when we step into Carsland.
Wonderful memories!
C

Hi Sue
over the last two days I have read your TR and loved it! I have visited DL and WDW pre-children and we have decided to take our DC (5 and 3yo) in October this year as well.
It was great to look at all the photos and my children were excited too recognising some characters and checking out where we are going. DD is most excited about seeing Tinkerbell's house (Disney castle) in real life and DS will be beyond excited when we step into Carsland.
Wonderful memories!
C

Hi there and thanks so much for reading about our trip of a life time! I am so glad you enjoyed the report and it makes me feel great when people like yourself tell me how much they liked it!:goodvibes

You and your little ones are going to have a fabulous time and I just love that your DD refers to the castle as Tinkerbells house!
We too are very excited about Carsland and can't wait to ride Radiator Springs Racers!!!

Here's to making many more wonderful memories and to a Happy Halloween!

Awesome Trip Report Sue! Your family seems great and makes me miss when I was a teenager and getting to spend time with my family. Your DD is very lucky. :) Now time to count down to October!!

Awesome Trip Report Sue! Your family seems great and makes me miss when I was a teenager and getting to spend time with my family. Your DD is very lucky. :) Now time to count down to October!!

Well thank you very much and I am so glad you enjoyed the report!:goodvibes

DD is quite lucky but she is a good girl ( most of the time :rotfl: ) and she really does appreciate all we do for her.

We can't wait for our next trip and I am just so excited about going at Halloween! Not too sure if I will wear a costume yet, but DD is thinking of going as Alice to Mickey's Halloween party.

Take care and thanks for reading:flower3:

Sue

Hellooooo everybody:wave2:

I think it's about time to get the pre trip report started. I don't think I can hold off much longer!!!!

I know it is still a little while ( see ticker below! ) but the rate this year is going, it will be here before I know it!:thumbsup2 And, I need time for all those wonderful Disers out there with loads of Halloween tips to pass them on!

I am unsure about starting a brand new thread, or just continuing on at the end of this one!

So, stay tuned and let the pumpkin planning ( now I just made up a name for this PTR!!! ) begin!!!

Take care

Great TR! Sat here and relaxed and read, took awhile but I got through it!

Already following your PTR

Just finished reading your all about your Xmas holiday. So exciting. We (hubby, me, 10yr DD and 7yr old DD as well as my Mum) are heading over to the US this coming Dec/Jan for 4 weeks. Soooo excited, but seems so far away at the moment.
I lived in Marin County, just over Golden Gate Bridge for a year 18(!) yrs ago, so it's not my first time. However it will be a first visit for the others. We have been to the Gold & Sunshine coasts several times, but are now ready for the big one!!
We fly into San Francisco on Dec 21st..we're there for 5 nights. Then we're driving down the Coast and staying a night each at Monterey and Cambria, then heading to Bakersfield for a night on the way to LAs Vegas. There for 6 nights (Staying off the strip)..doing GC, Red rock etc, then onto Palm Springs for a night. After this it's to San Diego for 3 nights, then HoJo's for 10 nights!! Yay!!
We have a kids Suite there. Planning on a couple of day trips into LA, but most of all, Disney!!! Can't wait to see the girls reactions, as well as DH and Mum's.
After reading through your trip, I picked up on the idea of having some DVD watching time before we go. Girls are right up to play with the latest Disney things, but probably can't remember watching some of the older films. Great idea!!! It'll make a big difference.
Loved your photos!! Can I just ask what kind of camera you have? I'm looking to get a new one before we go, and loved your crystal clear with gorgeous colour shots. Ta :)
Can't wait to read more on your Halloween trip.
:)

Just finished reading your all about your Xmas holiday. So exciting. We (hubby, me, 10yr DD and 7yr old DD as well as my Mum) are heading over to the US this coming Dec/Jan for 4 weeks. Soooo excited, but seems so far away at the moment.
I lived in Marin County, just over Golden Gate Bridge for a year 18(!) yrs ago, so it's not my first time. However it will be a first visit for the others. We have been to the Gold & Sunshine coasts several times, but are now ready for the big one!!
We fly into San Francisco on Dec 21st..we're there for 5 nights. Then we're driving down the Coast and staying a night each at Monterey and Cambria, then heading to Bakersfield for a night on the way to LAs Vegas. There for 6 nights (Staying off the strip)..doing GC, Red rock etc, then onto Palm Springs for a night. After this it's to San Diego for 3 nights, then HoJo's for 10 nights!! Yay!!
We have a kids Suite there. Planning on a couple of day trips into LA, but most of all, Disney!!! Can't wait to see the girls reactions, as well as DH and Mum's.
After reading through your trip, I picked up on the idea of having some DVD watching time before we go. Girls are right up to play with the latest Disney things, but probably can't remember watching some of the older films. Great idea!!! It'll make a big difference.
Loved your photos!! Can I just ask what kind of camera you have? I'm looking to get a new one before we go, and loved your crystal clear with gorgeous colour shots. Ta :)
Can't wait to read more on your Halloween trip.
:)

Hi there and thanks so much for dropping in:wave2:

Glad you enjoyed the report and I really do enjoy writing them. the Halloween one should be loads of fun. We can't wait to go!

The camera I have was the best point and shoot variety I could find at the time of purchase. It is a Panasonic Lumix TZ10. I am sure there is an updated version out there by now as I have had it nearly 2 years. It is great though and I have taken some amazing pics with it.
I am looking at updating again before we go in October, but this time will be buying a DSLR so the pictures will be even better!

Sounds like your trip will be very exciting. Gotta love the good old Ho Jo!

We still have Disney movie night every week here! We take it in turns to pick and it is quality time I get to spend with DD. After all, you are never too old for Disney, right???!!!pixiedust:

Will be getting into more detail soon on the PTR as we are getting closer...........yay!!!!

Thanks again for stopping by!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter