trip in may, AP vs Florida resident pass

Bev J

DIS Veteran
Ok, so a little complicated...we are going to WDW in May 6 nights package with hotel. Since we planned this trip we have decided to retire and move to Florida end of summer so we will be having lots of WDW time (yay!) We won't be residents till we buy a house but will stay in a residential hotel or rental for 1-2 months while house hunting. During that time we will want to make a few WDW breaks but will not be changing our DR lic till probably fall when we officially move all our stuff down.
Stay with me now..... Should we upgrade our 6 night tickets to a AP or is it more cost effective to wait till we are official and get a FL residents AP. of course that would mean no side trips to WDW during the house hunting trip :( Sorry its alll so complicated

But we will be living the dream by fall!

In your case I would go ahead and upgrade your 6-night tickets to an AP and wait until you've actually bought a house to get your FL Resident AP. The advantage of being able to hit a park at random during the several months you'll be house hunting (which can be very trying) would be worth it. Perhaps buy one of the "lesser" AP's if you can deal with the black-out days.

Ok, so a little complicated...we are going to WDW in May 6 nights package with hotel. Since we planned this trip we have decided to retire and move to Florida end of summer so we will be having lots of WDW time (yay!) We won't be residents till we buy a house but will stay in a residential hotel or rental for 1-2 months while house hunting. During that time we will want to make a few WDW breaks but will not be changing our DR lic till probably fall when we officially move all our stuff down.
Stay with me now..... Should we upgrade our 6 night tickets to a AP or is it more cost effective to wait till we are official and get a FL residents AP. of course that would mean no side trips to WDW during the house hunting trip :( Sorry its alll so complicated

But we will be living the dream by fall!

You would save money by waiting. How much would save would depend on what Florida resident AP you plan to get, as they range from $314 to $849.

Since you already have a trip planned and have to pay the out-of-state price for the tickets, I would be inclined to just get the AP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter