Trip details- here now!

Loving your report. And helping me to realize I should plan to mobile order well ahead of time!

Loving your report. And helping me to realize I should plan to mobile order well ahead of time!

When are you going? This is not always necessary. In fact, I haven't done it in several months now. But when the parks are slammed, it becomes necessary again. Like now.

I typically will place our mobile orders an hour or so ahead of when we want to eat. That's usually more than enough. You can get a feel for things once you are there, and just see how far out the pick up windows are.

We just got back & one suggestion.... for EE into DCA you may want to try the new entrance in front of GC. We went at 7:15 and the line was really short. Ya it’s a farther walk to Webslingers etc but u don’t have to go nearly as early....
Can you provide more details about the new entrance in front of the GCH? We have a trip coming up in November, staying at the DLH, and may want to look into this. :)

We are staying at DLH and want to take full advantage of EE. We got to the DTD security line at 6:05 am and we're second in line. PLEASE listen to the folks on these boards who say to get to security by at least 630 if you are using EE. Security opened at 7 and we got to DCA gates and were second in line. By 7:20 the lines were LONG and there is not a designated EE line. 7:25 they scanned us in and then we went to the EE sign, they checked the app, and off we went.
We haven't stayed on-site since EE re-started - so now you just join the regular lines at the entrance to the park, and there's an EE sign somewhere inside the park where they check your app to make sure you're a hotel guest?

When are you going? This is not always necessary. In fact, I haven't done it in several months now. But when the parks are slammed, it becomes necessary again. Like now.

I typically will place our mobile orders an hour or so ahead of when we want to eat. That's usually more than enough. You can get a feel for things once you are there, and just see how far out the pick up windows are.
I’m going for a day on 11/16

We just finished our morning at DCA and are now hanging poolside at DLH. We got some pool side drinks and wings.

This morning we used EE again. We got down to security around 615 and we did not do a super rush walk to DCA, but still found ourselves in good position and went right on web slingers and guardians. We then realized we were in a great spot to rope drop racers as it wasn't 8am yet. So we did! We weren't right at the front, but we only waited 20 minutes. We then did Ariel. I had booked midway mania but it went down so it converted. Did a right away return time using LL for incredicoaster and Goofy's sky school. We also rode the Golden Zypher. We put at mobile order in for pyms. Was super bummed their machine broke and they couldn't fulfill my pecan cold brew. We also headed to do the Disney Junior show and was told it was cancelled when we got there. We pivoted to Mickey's Phillarmagic and turtle talk with crush.My daughter got to ask a question at Crush! Did some shopping and then went a picked up a mobile order I had put in earlier for Lucky fortune. Lunch turned out to be a new favorite of ours! We have our multiple experience pass, web slingers and midway booked for this evening. My daughter wants to do the Ferris wheel. We also have our dessert party tonight. We are taking an long break and letting the kids just swim to their hearts content. A couple things now that I'm 4 days in:

I worried about our decision not to get hoppers. It was 100% the right decisions for us to do 1 park per day. We also decisions on 2 days at DCA (plus Oogie boogie) and 3 disneyland. That was also the right decisions for us.

This was the first trip we decided to buy gift cards ahead of time. I was worried it would be clunky with the app and not being able to store them. I just have all the numbers in my notes app and copy and paste. It's smooth. If you haven't notified, I am type A. Using the gift cards has been really good for tracking our budget during this trip.

We just finished our morning at DCA and are now hanging poolside at DLH. We got some pool side drinks and wings.

This morning we used EE again. We got down to security around 615 and we did not do a super rush walk to DCA, but still found ourselves in good position and went right on web slingers and guardians. We then realized we were in a great spot to rope drop racers as it wasn't 8am yet. So we did! We weren't right at the front, but we only waited 20 minutes. We then did Ariel. I had booked midway mania but it went down so it converted. Did a right away return time using LL for incredicoaster and Goofy's sky school. We also rode the Golden Zypher. We put at mobile order in for pyms. Was super bummed their machine broke and they couldn't fulfill my pecan cold brew. We also headed to do the Disney Junior show and was told it was cancelled when we got there. We pivoted to Mickey's Phillarmagic and turtle talk with crush.My daughter got to ask a question at Crush! Did some shopping and then went a picked up a mobile order I had put in earlier for Lucky fortune. Lunch turned out to be a new favorite of ours! We have our multiple experience pass, web slingers and midway booked for this evening. My daughter wants to do the Ferris wheel. We also have our dessert party tonight. We are taking an long break and letting the kids just swim to their hearts content. A couple things now that I'm 4 days in:

I worried about our decision not to get hoppers. It was 100% the right decisions for us to do 1 park per day. We also decisions on 2 days at DCA (plus Oogie boogie) and 3 disneyland. That was also the right decisions for us.

This was the first trip we decided to buy gift cards ahead of time. I was worried it would be clunky with the app and not being able to store them. I just have all the numbers in my notes app and copy and paste. It's smooth. If you haven't notified, I am type A. Using the gift cards has been really good for tracking our budget during this trip.

A great morning! I do love those long breaks too. I have been debating the gift card thing and how hard it is to enter every time, but copy and paste does sound easier. I like to budget ahead with some gift cards as well. Every post of yours gets me so excited! I plan the exact same way.

Surprised you didn’t try Animation Academy when you were in the area. It sounds like your family would really enjoy it!

I am really enjoying your trip report. We are going to DL at the beginning of February for 5 days. We will not be staying on site so we won’t get to take advantage of the early entry. We went to WDW last year before the Genie was put into place. We have been to WDW over 30 times but we feel like it is a foreign land now that all of these new things have been put into place. We don’t plan on getting Genie +. When you talk about getting the LL, is that just with the regular Genie or do you have to buy the plus to get that? Is there a certain thread or threads that helped you to know what to do? If so, can you (or someone else) possibly point me in the right direction? I think I need to get to reading so I will be prepared before February.

I am really enjoying your trip report. We are going to DL at the beginning of February for 5 days. We will not be staying on site so we won’t get to take advantage of the early entry. We went to WDW last year before the Genie was put into place. We have been to WDW over 30 times but we feel like it is a foreign land now that all of these new things have been put into place. We don’t plan on getting Genie +. When you talk about getting the LL, is that just with the regular Genie or do you have to buy the plus to get that? Is there a certain thread or threads that helped you to know what to do? If so, can you (or someone else) possibly point me in the right direction? I think I need to get to reading so I will be prepared before February.
When I say LL it's the genie + that we purchased with our tickets. Racers and rise are the only ones at Disneyland currently that cost extra.

We don’t plan on getting Genie +. When you talk about getting the LL, is that just with the regular Genie or do you have to buy the plus to get that? Is there a certain thread or threads that helped you to know what to do? If so, can you (or someone else) possibly point me in the right direction? I think I need to get to reading so I will be prepared before February.
They make it very confusing.

1. Genie is the app section -you can plan out an intinerary with it--- there are no fast passes any more at all unless you pay. Genie is pretty pointless in my mind.

2. Genie + is the paid fast pass system-- now called Lightning Lanes instead of FP. You don't get ALL the "FP" rides included with this as they have pulled out a few of the most popular rides to try to turn them into money makers by charging an extra fee for a "FP" (now known as LL) for those rides.

3. To make it even more confusing--- the rides that they make you pay extra for are called Individual Lightning Lanes--- individual meaning they charge specifically for that ride. They include Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland and Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure.

Can you provide more details about the new entrance in front of the GCH? We have a trip coming up in November, staying at the DLH, and may want to look into this. :)
So coming from DLH you would take a right before the security into downtown Disney & head towards PP. when u come to the roundabout take a left towards GCH & cross Disneyland Dr. U will come to 2 security gates, take the right one that leads to CA for hotel guests. The security line moved through in like 5 minutes & u will enter the park by Corndog castle. Again, yes you will have a little farther to walk but the benefit was it wasn’t crowded & we made it to webslingers fairly easily although we arrived at 7:15

We re-entered the park around 4pm. I had mobile ordered clarabelle's and we enjoyed the brownie Sunday. We took some pictures with Minnie and daisy in their costumes there. My daughter has been begging to go on the Ferris wheel. It was a 45 minute wait, but we decided to use our multiple expirence passes on it. After that, we did a little looking a shops and then went to Flo's for a mobile order. We enjoyed the food there. I timed it right on accident that we finished dinner right before sunset. We stayed for the lights to come on. What a moment!! I wanted to ride incredicoaster again but the LL line was reallllly long and the CM said the LL wait was 45 minutes. Not worth it to me right then. It was about 630, so we decided to scope out where we would need to meet for the WOC dessert party. We found the spot and hubby stayed. We were about 6th in line. The kids and I were going to go use our webslingers and toy story LL., but the kids said they wanted to do the swings and golden zypher. So I canceled the LL and honestly we really enjoyed the magic of the pier at night on those rides. We re joined hubby just in time to be given our wrist bands. I think I'll write on the dessert party thread but I was really impressed with how they did check-in. Much smoother than when we did it in 2019. I know when it first came back it had some issues. At 8 they took us to our tables. My kids loved having that plate of desserts and the glow cups. Our view was great. We were at a low table in the middle. I cried during WOC. I always do. It was a great end to our last DCA day.

I did have a disappointing end to my day. I had a traders sams got just me for 1040. I don't drink but I wanted to see the cool inside. I was seated at a chair in the furthest corner and it was a low chair. My view was completely blocked by a shelf. I decided to bail.. i know folks rave about it, but I just think it's not me scene.

Today is disneyland and storms are in the forecast this afternoon. We have a hungry bear Fantasmic package. I really hope it's not cancelled, but what can you do.

They make it very confusing.

1. Genie is the app section -you can plan out an intinerary with it--- there are no fast passes any more at all unless you pay. Genie is pretty pointless in my mind.

2. Genie + is the paid fast pass system-- now called Lightning Lanes instead of FP. You don't get ALL the "FP" rides included with this as they have pulled out a few of the most popular rides to try to turn them into money makers by charging an extra fee for a "FP" (now known as LL) for those rides.

3. To make it even more confusing--- the rides that they make you pay extra for are called Individual Lightning Lanes--- individual meaning they charge specifically for that ride. They include Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland and Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure.
Thank you so much for that explanation. It definitely helped me to understand. Sounds like we will be standing in lines. 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter