Trip details- here now!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
What a day our first day in the parks has been! I am going to use this thread to document our time. I may not come back every night to write, but I will fill it in all the way when we get back. Today was such a unique day that I have to share. It is because of these boards our day didn't fall apart after s crazy morning.

We are staying at DLH and want to take full advantage of EE. We got to the DTD security line at 6:05 am and we're second in line. PLEASE listen to the folks on these boards who say to get to security by at least 630 if you are using EE. Security opened at 7 and we got to DCA gates and were second in line. By 7:20 the lines were LONG and there is not a designated EE line. 7:25 they scanned us in and then we went to the EE sign, they checked the app, and off we went. We walked right on to web slingers. Then we tried to go get in line for Racers, but they were saying they weren't sure when they would open, so then we changed directions and walked right on to guardians. We were off guardians right about 8am. I booked our first LL for toy story for 9:15. We went to Pixar pier, stopping to ride mermaid on the way (walk on). Hubby jumped in stand by for incredicoaster (stated 15 minute wait) and I scanned for a rider switch. While he rode the kids and I did the carousel and emotional whirlwind. He got off.. and this is when all the crazy started. Due to storms in the area every single outdoor ride in the park closed. We struggled for a bit to decide what to do and kinda lost our bearings. We used the LL for midway 5 minutes early (9:10) and I booked Goofy's sky school.

This is where the knowledge I learned on dis came in handy. It became clear the weather would be iffy for the next 90 minutes to two hours. So I started booking LL for the earliest times and watched one by one them convert to Multiple Expirence ones. We went and used one for Soarin. We got some food at cozy cones- though I will say with all the rides closed mobile order started to push way out. It was hard for a bit to figure out things to do or to find food without long waits. I had also bought racers and our time was inching closer and no sign of it opening. It got a little stressful there for a bit and we contemplated leaving. A massive downpour happened and we were kinda stuck under an umbrella for awhile. But around 1045 everything started opening again. We headed toward racers to use our LL- the line for LL was crazy long, but it went really quickly. We then headed for our lunch reservation at lamplight. I used mobile to check in and we waited maybe 10 minutes. After lunch we did go take a break. The kids swam. I kept booking LL when I could and so around 330 we re-entered the park with 4 multiple experience passes, web slingers LL, grizzly LL, and guardians after dark LL. I booked a final one while in the park for Goofy's sky school. We spent a big chunk of time in advenger's campus. We saw the doctor strange show, Spider-Man show, hulk, iron man, captain America, Thor. Web slingers went down so that one converted too. We had dinner at Pym's test kitchen. For reference I put in our mobile order for dinner for 530
Around 1pm to ensure we would have it booked. We then just started using all our LL. Did grizzly a couple times, did Goofy's a couple times, guardians monsters after Dark (which is awesome!!). The multiple expirence ones can also be used at some non LL rides. So we used one at Mater's. Did some shopping. We ended the night around 9, using our converted LL to ride web slingers again.

We also had great luck with photographers! We got good ones in front of the avengers campus sign, the spider at Flo's and a few other places.

I got worried this morning with the weather and everything shutting down, but it turned out to be an awesome day and I really feel like this is because of things I learned here on Disboards. Tomorrow is Disneyland! We have Minnie's breakfast planned and light saber building.

Last edited:
We just got back & one suggestion.... for EE into DCA you may want to try the new entrance in front of GC. We went at 7:15 and the line was really short. Ya it’s a farther walk to Webslingers etc but u don’t have to go nearly as early....

Thank you for sharing! I am looking forward to your next report. So does the mep just show up in your app?

That sounds like a fantastic day! Such a smart use of LL! If it happens to rain again while you are at CA, animation academy is a fun indoor spot. Normally I can't draw a thing, but somehow drawings come out pretty good in there.

What a day our first day in the parks has been! I am going to use this thread to document our time. I may not come back every night to write, but I will fill it in all the way when we get back. Today was such a unique day that I have to share. It is because of these boards our day didn't fall apart after s crazy morning.

We are staying at DLH and want to take full advantage of EE. We got to the DTD security line at 6:05 am and we're second in line. PLEASE listen to the folks on these boards who say to get to security by at least 630 if you are using EE. Security opened at 7 and we got to DCA gates and were second in line. By 7:20 the lines were LONG and there is not a designated EE line. 7:25 they scanned us in and then we went to the EE sign, they checked the app, and off we went. We walked right on to web slingers. Then we tried to go get in line for Racers, but they were saying they weren't sure when they would open, so then we changed directions and walked right on to guardians. We were off guardians right about 8am. I booked our first LL for toy story for 9:15. We went to Pixar pier, stopping to ride mermaid on the way (walk on). Hubby jumped in stand by for incredicoaster (stated 15 minute wait) and I scanned for a rider switch. While he rode the kids and I did the carousel and emotional whirlwind. He got off.. and this is when all the crazy started. Due to storms in the area every single outdoor ride in the park closed. We struggled for a bit to decide what to do and kinda lost our bearings. We used the LL for midway 5 minutes early (9:10) and I booked Goofy's sky school.

This is where the knowledge I learned on dis came in handy. It became clear the weather would be iffy for the next 90 minutes to two hours. So I started booking LL for the earliest times and watched one by one them convert to Multiple Expirence ones. We went and used one for Soarin. We got some food at cozy cones- though I will say with all the rides closed mobile order started to push way out. It was hard for a bit to figure out things to do or to find food without long waits. I had also bought racers and our time was inching closer and no sign of it opening. It got a little stressful there for a bit and we contemplated leaving. A massive downpour happened and we were kinda stuck under an umbrella for awhile. But around 1045 everything started opening again. We headed toward racers to use our LL- the line for LL was crazy long, but it went really quickly. We then headed for our lunch reservation at lamplight. I used mobile to check in and we waited maybe 10 minutes. After lunch we did go take a break. The kids swam. I kept booking LL when I could and so around 330 we re-entered the park with 4 multiple experience passes, web slingers LL, grizzly LL, and guardians after dark LL. I booked a final one while in the park for Goofy's sky school. We spent a big chunk of time in advenger's campus. We saw the doctor strange show, Spider-Man show, hulk, iron man, captain America, Thor. Web slingers went down so that one converted too. We had dinner at Pym's test kitchen. For reference I put in our mobile order for dinner for 530
Around 1pm to ensure we would have it booked. We then just started using all our LL. Did grizzly a couple times, did Goofy's a couple times, guardians monsters after Dark (which is awesome!!). The multiple expirence ones can also be used at some non LL rides. So we used one at Mater's. Did some shopping. We ended the night around 9, using our converted LL to ride web slingers again.

We also had great luck with photographers! We got good ones in front of the avengers campus sign, the spider at Flo's and a few other places.

I got worried this morning with the weather and everything shutting down, but it turned out to be an awesome day and I really feel like this is because of things I learned here on Disboards. Tomorrow is Disneyland! We have Minnie's breakfast planned and light saber building.

You are a rockstar! This is how you do Disneyland when the crowds are crazy and the weather throws you curveballs. Thank You for sharing…. These are super helpful tips that I’ll be able to use.

Amazing! Sounds great! I can’t wait for my trip soon! I love the pier in the morning in the rain!

Dang - that's what I call working the system! Not in a bad way, just in the way that those who are informed (largely thanks to the DIS) can really make the best out of a park day, even when unforseen circumstances like weather come into play. You absolutely crushed it!

Also, I love when I just crush the first day of a trip because it can take the pressure off for subsequent days. I don't feel like I HAVE to do as much since I already got the must-dos in - though I'm never averse to multiple rides on the favorites!

Way to go!! Glad you made the best of your day! Looking forward to reading more reports from your trip!

We are on a longer hotel break after a great first part of the day at Disneyland! We lined up at DTD security around 6:15 am. Security opened at 7 and we power walked to the disneyland turnstiles. Monorail was not open. We were about 6-7th in line. They opened turnstiles around 7:20. We made it down Main Street and my kids got so excited and I got emotional just seeing it all for the first time since 2019. We lined up for early entry and right at 730 they sent us on. Hubby power walked to Peter Pan and we caught up and were one of the first groups through. We did basically all of fantasy land from 730-815. We ran into Moana walking through which was just pure magic for my 6 year old. Around 830 we jumped in standby for storybook. It took a bit.. but was fun. At 9 I picked up a mobile order and we headed for our first LL- haunted mansion. On the way we saw Mirable was meeting and we jumped in the line. My daughter had the most amazing interaction with her. We did haunted mansion, I booked a LL for thunder and then we did splash stand by. I think posted was 35, but it was maybe 10. This was a rookie mistake as our shoes got soaked and now we are proud new owners of the new Disney Vans ($$$$$). I was watching LL and ILL for smugglers and Rise to time our time in GE around my son's lightsaber booking. Thunder was down so our LL converted and I booked rise and smugglers for the times we were wanting! It was 10:15ish by this time and we headed for our reservation at Minnie's breakfast. I'll write about that in the character thread. It was good! Good character interactions! After breakfast we did Small World standby, about 15 minutes with the posted 25. We then headed to GE. At this point I started watching LL knowing we would be taking a break after GE and to start stacking for the evening. We did GE. Son made his lightsaber which .. wow. I know it's a splurge but that experience is cool. We then did Rise. It was my son's first time on it and it was so fun to watch him experience it. Everything was working too except the shooters that you weave around. Next we did smugglers and my son and husband were pilots and my daughter and I were gunners. Again.. it was just so great to watch them experience it. We then got a ronto wrap to share and walked to Tomorrowland. We stopped to get Mickey bars and then got on the monorail to come back to DLH. I've been stacking LL and we have one multiple expirence pass, space mountain, and thunder mountain booked. We have a mobile order booked for galactic grill. We plan to make the Halloween screams projections a priority tonight. I will say, we haven't found Mickey yet. I need to meet Mickey!

We are on a longer hotel break after a great first part of the day at Disneyland! We lined up at DTD security around 6:15 am. Security opened at 7 and we power walked to the disneyland turnstiles. Monorail was not open. We were about 6-7th in line. They opened turnstiles around 7:20. We made it down Main Street and my kids got so excited and I got emotional just seeing it all for the first time since 2019. We lined up for early entry and right at 730 they sent us on. Hubby power walked to Peter Pan and we caught up and were one of the first groups through. We did basically all of fantasy land from 730-815. We ran into Moana walking through which was just pure magic for my 6 year old. Around 830 we jumped in standby for storybook. It took a bit.. but was fun. At 9 I picked up a mobile order and we headed for our first LL- haunted mansion. On the way we saw Mirable was meeting and we jumped in the line. My daughter had the most amazing interaction with her. We did haunted mansion, I booked a LL for thunder and then we did splash stand by. I think posted was 35, but it was maybe 10. This was a rookie mistake as our shoes got soaked and now we are proud new owners of the new Disney Vans ($$$$$). I was watching LL and ILL for smugglers and Rise to time our time in GE around my son's lightsaber booking. Thunder was down so our LL converted and I booked rise and smugglers for the times we were wanting! It was 10:15ish by this time and we headed for our reservation at Minnie's breakfast. I'll write about that in the character thread. It was good! Good character interactions! After breakfast we did Small World standby, about 15 minutes with the posted 25. We then headed to GE. At this point I started watching LL knowing we would be taking a break after GE and to start stacking for the evening. We did GE. Son made his lightsaber which .. wow. I know it's a splurge but that experience is cool. We then did Rise. It was my son's first time on it and it was so fun to watch him experience it. Everything was working too except the shooters that you weave around. Next we did smugglers and my son and husband were pilots and my daughter and I were gunners. Again.. it was just so great to watch them experience it. We then got a ronto wrap to share and walked to Tomorrowland. We stopped to get Mickey bars and then got on the monorail to come back to DLH. I've been stacking LL and we have one multiple expirence pass, space mountain, and thunder mountain booked. We have a mobile order booked for galactic grill. We plan to make the Halloween screams projections a priority tonight. I will say, we haven't found Mickey yet. I need to meet Mickey!

Sounds so great! That sounds exactly what my strategies are, can’t wait!

Sounds like a perfect morning! Thanks for sharing

We headed back to the parks around 530. I placed a mobile order for our dinner earlier in the day. It needs to be said one frustrating thing is that food lines are long and mobile orders are out an hour or more most of the time. We are pre planning for our QS and placing mobile orders earlier in the day. I did this too for some snacks we wanted to try. We enter the park after our break with LL for space, buzz, big thunder and one multiple experience one. After we ate we did space. Wow! I forgot how much better it is than the WDW one. This was really a magical moment and my 6 year old has hit the height requirement and we all rode together and she loved it! After space we went and used our multiple expirence for pirates, then we back tracked back to buzz. We were about to use thunder and it went down so it converted. It was about 745 at this point. So we decided to steak out a spot for projections and we took turns staying while the rest of use went and looked at the shops. I had also mobile ordered earlier at mint Julip so we went and picked it up (holy cow busy!). We then waited for the show, which was great! After the show I took my daughter back to DLH because she was spent. My husband and son are currently still in the park using that converted LL to ride thunder. And that's a wrap! Tomorrow it's back to DCA. We will be taking a more chill approach. We will still use EE, but we aren't doing the mad dash. We also only budget for ILL once per ride (and rise went to $25pp today.. ouch) so idk if we will get on racers again this trip. I want to do some entertainment/show things as well. We do have our WOC dessert party tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter