Trip Canceled due to extreme selfishness of family.

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: My aunt decided to be her selfish self and squash our plans. All has been canceled at this time.

The reason- she got a "deal" on her flights home from France where she will be spending the entire summer with my cousin (9 weeks). The "deal" meant that they will stay in France an extra week instead of going with the original dates. My cousin cried for 2 hours when my aunt told her that we couldn't go :sad1: . I suggested to my cousin that we go in Feb during Presidents week. Of course it negates any savings I may have had and adds an additional $1000 to our trip and at least doubles, if not triples the crowds.

BUT at least my aunt and uncle saved a few hundred dollars :scared1:

Never done a PTR, might as well start now, I have 4 months of obsessing (I mean planning) till we leave.

Cast-
G-ma- turning 80 in July, world traveler, speed walker, a little hard of hearing, and an amazing woman/grandma all around. A first timer who is coming along because she wants to share the experience. I don't think the Safari will wow her like most as she's actually been on safari in South Africa but I'm determined to try :thumbsup2

Ariel- my cousin, I'm naming her after her favorite princess (just learned this today!), 6 years old, very excited about the trip, wishes we were leaving next week but she's spending the summer (8 weeks) in France first, poor baby :lmao:. She is the only child of my aunt and uncle who are as anti-Disney as you can get, they are allowing me to indoctrinate their child as long as they don't have to enter Disney property. She's very smart and can be very silly and stubborn.

Me- 25 and surrounded by non-Disney lovers (many are indifferent and don't get it as opposed to hating). I am Disney planning obsessed. I have difficulty making up my mind. I'm hoping not to lose it with G-ma and Ariel but we have vacationed as an extended family before and done well.

Here we go!

Why August???

I have 5 week long vacations per year dictated by my job, beginning of summer, end of summer, Christmas, President's Week, and Easter.

3 out of 5 of those are crazy busy and crazy expensive so those were quickly eliminated.

The beginning of the summer DBF can get vacation time so I'm spending it with him. That left one week in my life to take this trip- the last week in Aug/first week in Sept. I'm feeling the heat/humidity already.

G-ma wondered aloud if it would be starting to get cool by then already. I quickly put that thought out of her head by explaining that it will be near miserable. I don't think she believed me.

I'm not sharing the weather aspect with Ariel, she will start whining about it now.

We will have a great time even if we feel like we are melting :rotfl2:

We'll be there the same time as you--late August, but don't worry about the heat! Yes its unbearably hot haha, but just stay hydrated and take mid-afternoon breaks when the sun is at its highest!

Currently planning on 6 nights but it may become 5 depending on flight times (we have to coordinate getting my cousin out of NYC :rotfl2: ).

Because it's free dining, I'm trying to figure out my ADRs before everyone else does. I doubt we will do the dining plan, instead grabbing the 40% code more than likely at WL although if a standard view at the Contemporary becomes available, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

I'm trying to balance "fun" with good food.
So far:

Breakfast-
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys

Dinner-
Biergarten
Kona
Whispering Canyon
1900 Park Fare

BUT I think the menu at Whispering Canyon will not be Grandma's taste and 1900 might be too many character meals (I'd rather keep the other two breakfasts).

Any thoughts for keeping 1900 Park Fare for dinner?? Is it really worth the experience? Any other ideas?

I'd switch in O'Hana and the Wave instead (in that order).

This is toooooooo confusing! :rolleyes: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter