Trip booked through Costco shows $0.01 balance ?

MicheyMouse

Mouseketeer
I guess I get to deal with their customer service. We received an email that says the trip must be paid by X date. When booked it left a penny $0.01 on the balance owed for some reason. When I log on the Costco Travel website it will not let me pay it.

Anyone experienced this? Are they using it as some sort of placeholder or last minute attempt to sell us something else?

Maybe some sort of math/rounding area in how they setup the reservation? Probably have to call their customer service to resolve it.

Their travel website can be very strange, in general I have found all their online transactions to be extremely peculiar though.

Travel site, for a while there when I would log in I couldn't get it off my laptop, like when I would power on it would just show up uninvited in a popup I just couldn't make go away.... it was really weird.

We started exec last fall because why not get a free membership. Thing is we were prohibited from making any purchases around Christmas so either the transactions would time out or the item would vanish from the cart or things would just be deleted. I tried but could not buy laptops, ipads, headphones and such. Just two months ago I was having an impossible time special ordering tires I wanted. I had to call the store and get a manager to override something, the transactions just kept vanishing like they would show up on my card then I'd get credited without communication. I assume they make more money on the memberships than anything else because it sure seemed like they were intentionally trying to prevent me from getting the membership free.

If this was happening to me I would drive to a store and get assistance from their customer service and get receipts. Personally, I found their call in center customer service to be a useless black hole, it seems their purpose is to try to wait you out so you hang up, if you do get a person they listen and calm customers but they have absolutely zero ability to intervene in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter