Trip Booked - Some noob questions

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Our trip to Japan and to Tokyo Disney Resort is officially booked!!

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), staying at the MiraCosta for 4 nights (Monday to Thursday) in mid January.

I just had some questions that I was hoping the helpful folks here could help me with.

1. Does staying at the MiraCosta provide early access to Disneyland also, or DisneySea only?

2. It looks like the parks open at 9:00am which gives us an opportunity for a sit down breakfast each day at the Oceano before hitting the parks. Does a breakfast at say 7:30 give us enough time to eat and get to Disneyland by 8:45 or 9?

3. With early entry, midweek in January, how long before park opening should we get to the parks?

4. How far in advance are refurb/closure dates released?

5. It looks like there is no fastpass and that the only "front of line" option is Disney Premier Access which is "pay per attraction"... do I have that right? Are there any limits on how many times that can be used per attraction per day?

6. We are staying in a Superior Room for 4 people - but I can't figure out what the sleeping arrangements are? We have said no bedshare for the kids, but the pictures seem to only show two average size beds in the rooms.

7. Not specifically related to TDR, but I'm hoping someone here can help. We will be in Osaka earlier in the month, around coming of age day. Does coming of age day affect crowds at Universal Studios?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure there will be more questions when they spring to mind.

Remembered a couple more

8. What are the character meal options in the resort?

9. Any good coffee options in the parks likely to have plant based milk?

Thank you!!

10. And one more.... I can't seem to figure out how to use my Advance dining privileges as a hotel guest? Is there a special section of the website that I need to navigate to?

11. (sorry, probably pushing it now)... What are the must do dining options in either park?

1. You get 15 minutes early entry to both parks.
2/3. Disneysea is fine but Disneyland may be an issue if you are slow eaters. For Happy Entry, I'd advise arriving closer to 8:30 to get get in line which means you'd want to finish breakfast at 8. It's doable but it may be a good idea to get pastries or something for your Disneyland start days instead. If it's snowing, then you could probably go a little later because the morning will be pretty empty.
4. The refurbishment schedule for January is already out. It may change if they discover something unexpected but just do a quick google search and you'll find it.
5. Yes. It's premier access now only. I believe it's once per day but I haven't actually used it.
8. I believe Chef Mickey at Ambassador is the only one that's left right now. I'm pretty sure you just get ONE photo with Mickey and no other characters. And by one it doesn't mean one of the kids with Mickey and one of the kids + parents and all other combinations like in the other parks. It's just a single photo.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.

1. Access to both, but get there early as the lines roe early entry can get long.
2. I'd shoot for 7am. We usually grab something from the bakery in TDL or TDS
3. I'd be in line by 8:15 - see #1
4. https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdl/monthly/stop/
5. Premier Access - once per day.
6. Depending on which side of MiraCosta you're in....... for 4 people you're looking a bed share. There are a few triples and twins with a trundle, but nothing with 4 separate beds.
7. Any public holiday will increase crowds - everywhere.
8. Never done a Character meal at TDR.
9. Can't remember - I think soy was available.
10. We've only done 'Day of' ADRs.
11. We like Hokusai in TDL, the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in TDS (Must do) & Magellans (Must do) in TDS & S.S. Columbia Dining Room (TDS)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter