Trip after child loss

I'm so sorry for your loss. Words are so empty, but from one mama to another, you are in my heart.

The breaths are hard to take no matter where we are. Maybe being someplace where you remember your little one will make some breaths harder but others easier.

I am so sorry for your loss. We went after losing our son, but we made it on his birthday and as a way to celebrate a birthday he never had. It was bittersweet, but I was so glad we did it. (we even got cake at CP)

It is hard to carry on when you have other kids, but, at the same time, it is good they are there to force you to carry on.

It has been 12 years since my son died...all I can say is that the pain for me does not come as often, BUT when it does come, it seems just as intense.

(((HUGS)))

So very sorry and will keep you in my prayers. Hoping that Disney magic fills your heart and that this trip brings you even a few moments of happiness. I can't imagine what you are going through and I hope your post makes all us moms and dads give a longer hug to our kids. So so sorry.

We are going in October and are in a similar boat. We lost our three and a half year old daughter on the day after Christmas 2011. She was our only child. We have since been blessed with our son, now 15 months old. We are taking him for the first time and I am very nervous as to how it will be. We had been several times on our own before our daughter and had been four times with her, as well as on a disney cruise with her just three months before her unexpected death. She absolutely LOVED going! While I want to also share this experience with our son, I am so not looking forward to the memories this will bring back. We are hoping for the best. We were gifted a DVC membership this past year, so this is just the first of many more trips to come. Just need to get through this first one I think. She would have loved to be going and I know she is excited for us up in Heaven to be taking her little brother, but I know it is going to be hard :worried:

I have been and still am exactly where you are. We lost our four year old daughter in January 2010. She loved Disney and the princesses so much! She spent a part of every day in one or another of her princess dresses (she had them all). We were blessed to have been able to take her to Disney World, Disneyland, and on a Disney cruise in her four years. We miss her so much and the pain never goes away, but we have managed to continue on for our other children. What we do now on every trip, is buy a beautiful princess balloon on our first day at Magic Kingdom. We go to the rose garden by the castle and spend a few moments "remembering" her and the things she loved about Disney. Then we release the balloon to Heaven for her to "catch". It has become a treasured tradition, both for me and the kids. I still have teary moments each trip, as things bring back a memory like her reaction to the fireworks, her sweet face as she gazed at the dolls in IASW, and other moments we will never forget. So our trips are occasionally bittersweet, but we are still building new memories with our children that remain. Hugs as you go on this, your first trip without your son, and prayers that some semblance of peace will be yours on your vacation and beyond.

My heart breaks for all of you who have lost a child or another loved one. I can't imagine going through the loss of one of my children. It shows that you really do need to enjoy and live in every moment you are given. I wish you all peace and joy in all the moments that may be especially hard on you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost an infant - my feeling that any loss of a child is most difficult thing you can ever go through - hold the memories you have with your son and make new ones with your other children. Your son will always be with you. I carry a lock of my son's hair everywhere I go and believe that our children are always with us, our special angels. You will never forget and there will be times when the pain is unbearable but take everything one minute at a time.

I hope that you receive extra pixie dust as you plan your trip and you and your family have a magical time.

:hug:-

In 1991 our son was killed in a car accident. He was 16. He was driving. 5 kids in the car, no one else killed. I had a trip to Disneyland planned for 2 weeks after it happened for my daughter, neighbor and 2 of her kids. Neighbor wanted to cancel, but I said no. Was it easy, absolutely not, but I am glad we went. the first year is the hardest, because it is a full year of 1st's. It took my mind off the tragedy at times. I know I cried at times, but that was okay. Now every time we go to Disney, we release a balloon, and say,We sure wish you were with us! Love you _____. Do what you feel comfortable with. Only you will know how you feel. So sorry for your lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter