• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tricks on snagging an Ohana reservation

If you are looking for a good meal, IMHO, skip Ohana. We got lucky(???) and snagged a reservation in March for the first time ever. Aside from the view, I really can’t say much good about the place. It is not worth the effort or the $$

I agree that checking closer to the time you want to eat there is a good idea for anywhere you have trouble finding an ADR further out. People cancel once the finalize their plans and to avoid the no-show fee seem to cancel 1-3 days ahead of time. We ate dinner there under the prior menu and enjoyed it. I think some of the negative comments relate to those who aren't familiar with the menu or dining format. There is basically a fixed menu and food is brought to your table now family style due to covid. It is not the typical restaurant where everyone orders something different from the menu then waits 30+ minutes to get their food. We also never felt rushed with our service as some others have complained about.

Make sure to review the current menu on the Disney website so you know what is offered. If the menu items don't appeal to you, then I would find some other place to eat.

It’s actually one restaurant that was family-style prior to COVID and returned to almost the same menu post-COVID. One thing that did change was that they used to bring the main meats around on a skewer similar to a Brazilian steakhouse, but now they bring a platter of the meat to each table.

If you are looking for a good meal, IMHO, skip Ohana. We got lucky(???) and snagged a reservation in March for the first time ever. Aside from the view, I really can’t say much good about the place. It is not worth the effort or the $$
I had a similar experience last october- but I hear the breakfast is great!

We love the breakfast! DEElish. It's our traditional start to our first full day at home. 🏠

Try looking at odd times of day if you can. We've sometimes snagged hard-to-gets around mid-afternoon (no idea why then) or 6:00-7:00 ET when people may have come home from work and switched ADRs. The last half hour the dining line is open has been a good time as is early on weekend mornings.

Good luck! 🍀

I have had good luck 1-3 days before. I usually just refresh frequently. Often 3/4pm and 9+pm times open up. Or else walk in when they open at 3pm is a pretty sure bet.

Wow
Ohana is hard to get . Any tricks on snagging a reservation?
Be ready to book 5:50am EST 60 days out. Reservations typically open up at 6 AM but they have been known to open up a couple minutes early. We honestly I’ve never had a problem. Good luck!

We get really lucky with Ohana about 24/48 hours prior to eating there! We've seen so many reservations become available. In fact, our last trip, we had 2 Table service reservations ahead of time...for Skippers Canteen and for Yak and Yetti. We ended up eating (with last minute reservations) at Be Our Guest, Ohana (Ohana reservations were available multiple times over the 10 days we were there!!!), Garden Grill and Le Cellier. Canceled Yak and Yetti reservation but ate there a different time due to being Landry's members.

Last week, there was wait list availability (either in person or through the app) for Ohana on multiple nights. I added us to the wait list for a party of 5 around 7PM on Thursday with an estimated wait time of 30 minutes. I actually got the "your table is ready" text within 5 minutes!

Our home resort is Poly and we are planning on eating breakfast at Ohana once or twice during our September trip. My oldest son is a huge Stitch fan, so I know it could be the highlight of his trip. My plan is to eat there at when we have a resort day, but is it better to just be flexible and book any day that I can, even if it’s a park day?

I would take what you can get. If an availability for a day you want comes up in the meantime, you can always cancel. We are checking into the Polynesian tomorrow, and I was unable to get 'Ohana for our arrival night (it was the first reservation I tried for, as soon as booking opened). I did book it for later in the week just to be able to have it, although I really wanted to eat there on our arrival night. I got on the TP reservation finder list, and actually received two notifications of availability during the past 60 days, but by the time I logged in to book it, someone else had beaten me to it. Sooo disappointing, but glad I at least I have the reservation I was able to get. On another note, being that you're going in September I doubt you'll have any trouble; good luck!

Thank you for the advice! I will just take what I can when the time comes to schedule the meals. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter