Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

Wow your safari pictures are great. I love your Pluto and Stitch bag as well. Stitch is the best :)

Hmmm... well.... maybe?

You could always go and win her back from that usurper!

Oh, that's easy. Aliens.
They probably like overcooked scallops.

Ah, so that explains a lot. :rotfl2:

Maybe try at either a dedicated seafood restaurant or a higher end place?

I probably could but I hate to spend the money and then not like time. I think Jim does like them so maybe I can talk him into ordering some and then just trying one of his.

Did you plan to post this exactly 3 months to the day later? I'm very impressed, you know.

Oh, come on, please, I am definitely not that good. :rotfl: Total coincidence and also evidence of how slow of a writer I am.

Yes she does!

I didn't even realize she knew where the camera was on that ride.

Well... glad you like it. I rode it once and it hurt so dang much I vowed never again.

I don't find it the smoothest ride but it doesn't hurt too much. Now if you ever make it out to Disneyland I would suggest not riding Goofy's Sky School. Now there's an extremely painful ride!

Actually... cool photo. Never seen that one before.

Thanks! Primeval Whirl has some pretty weird themeing.

At first I was going to laugh... now I just wanna know what book he was reading!

One of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. He's been working his way through that series for a while now.

Fair is fair!

True! I didn't really mind getting kicked out.

Great striped shack a lacka
Tawny bumblesnort
White and black fly-critters

:lmao:

Bad news. If the baby is in there... he got et.

I didn't transition that one very well did I? I guess that's why I'm not a millionaire author by now. :P

K8eh.gif

I tend to hear this one in my head every time I see Stella:

meh. Animatronic.

Disney sure makes those well don't they?

Those are great shots!

Thanks, they certainly posed well for me that day.

Not surprised you didn't get anything. I was less than impressed when I ate there.

There is honestly nothing on the menu there that I would eat.

Disney really has it out for you, don't they?

Seriously! Don't they know I need my chocolate daily?

What a great morning! You saw so many animals on the safari! And the meerkats and baby gorillas are just too cute.

It really was a great morning and a great safari!

I'm excited to see the Dino-bash characters in May! I hope I bump into Launchpad McQuack. I was really disappointed we didn't get to see him during Marathon weekend last year.

I definitely plan to spend some time there in May! I so badly wanted to get in line for the Chipmunks or Scrooge McDuck but there lines were long and no one else wanted to meet characters.

You certainly did have a just about perfect safari, judging by the pics you posted!!! and SO many babies!!!!!!

I know, all the babies at AK lately have been so fun to watch!

I always think there won't be anything I really like at Flame Tree, but this looks DELISH. I don't like my chicken on a bone, so this is a perfect solution

If you like pork they also have a pulled pork sandwich that Jim gets once and a while and loves. I also saw a pulled pork and mac and cheese dish that sounded so good but my stupid stomach can't handle pork any more.

I didn't get to check out Donald's Dino Bash much. Definitely some great meet and greets there though.

I do recommend Harambe Market if you can. I have always had good food there. I prefer it over Flame Tree.

Great Safari photos! I did the Elephant tour just a couple weeks ago and Stella just turned 2!

I definitely plan to hit up some more of the Dino Bash in May! I wanted to meet Scrooge McDuck but his line was really long.

There's actually not one thing on the Harambe Market menu that I will eat, darn pickiness! I do like the Pandora one and will eat there again someday.

Wow! I can't believe Stella is already two, time does fly.

Joining in on your TR, better late than never!!! I am really enjoying it :cheer2:, we are going in a couple weeks and reading your report is getting me even more excited, and reminding me of things to check out. I bought the same blue sequin Mickey shirt you did, we must like the same things because I love all your t-shirts and bags also! :thumbsup2

Monica

Hi Monica! Thanks for joining in! I really love that new Mickey shirt but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet since it's too cold now. I can't wait for spring weather so I can wear it!

I love to cook, though I cannot bake a thing so save my life. I also had the foresight to marry a chef so the eatin' is usually pretty good around here.

I'm the opposite, I'm fine baking but don't ask me too cook anything more complex than mac and cheese from a box. Jim's the opposite, good cook, terrible baker. I really think it's two completely different skills!

Mom unquestionably wins for your group, though I gotta give it to the poor boy in the front row

I had to laugh when I saw the boy in the front row. It's definitely a scary ride for the little ones.

I can just see this now. You all yelling and him reading and being none the wiser.

That's exactly what happened! :rotfl2:

I have no idea what animal this is, but is it wrong that this picture suddenly makes me want to go on Safari and take pictures of nothing but animal butts

I have many, many animal butt pictures from the safari. Oh and that's a Black Rhino by the way.

hose are some seriously good safari pictures. You all really did luck out.

Thanks! We did have a great safari that morning.

Same here, definitely one of our favorite quick services. Have you ever had their onion rings? Some of my favorites ever!

Unfortunately I don't like onion rings, darn pickiness. Jim likes them though so I'll have to mention that to him. Thinking about it he may have tried them in the past and I've forgotten.

There's actually not one thing on the Harambe Market menu that I will eat, darn pickiness! I do like the Pandora one and will eat there again someday.
Not even the chicken skewer? It was just grilled chicken but it was really good.

I finally got around to reading this report! And I am so glad I did. There are several places I want to eat on my next trip (BOG, LTT) and one I don't (Brown Derby) that you reviewed and I need to show the others joining me for the trip.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I definitely recommend BOG and LTT, our meals there were delicious. I think I would have liked HBD a bit better if the portions were bigger and the price a bit less. Having a meal that was only a few bites and so expensive was kind of off putting. I do wonder if another dish might have been better but there really wasn't anything else on the menu that interested me. I'm just too picky.

Lovely couple of updates! :) I'm not one for PW either, but glad you can ride and enjoy it! Mmm! Flame Tree is super good. I've eaten there a few times and have never been disappointed. In the past (it's gone now, I think) you could get the most amazing fruit plate with some yogurt dressing/sauce. It was HUGE. The pulled pork sammie is a always a great choice.

I adore the trails so much there. Such a beautiful stroll and lots to see.

Yep, I do remember the dish you are talking about and it's definitely not on the menu anymore. Jim loves the pulled pork sandwich and I probably would too but pork just doesn't settle well on my stomach any more.

Hi Ariana. I'm joining late, but really enjoying your TR. I too am part of the Epic Girl's Trip, and I'm looking forward to meeting you!!!

Hi! I'm so excited for the May trip! I've only got 28 days before I make my FPs!!

What!? What a happy surprise!

I know, it's pretty rare that I find new Pluto pins so I was very happy.

Sounds like a great start to your day at AK! And what a great safari ride

We did have one of the best safaris I've every been on.

Wow your safari pictures are great. I love your Pluto and Stitch bag as well. Stitch is the best :)

Thanks! Pluto is my favorite followed by Stitch so having them both on one bag is so much fun.

Enjoying your TR.

Thanks and welcome!

More Animal Pictures of Course Part 1

After lunch we headed to the Maharajah Jungle Trek and just like I promised, here’s some more animal pictures starting with the Komodo dragon.

They added some new primates on the trail recently. I’m pretty sure these are Lion-tailed Macaque.

And of course we had to and visit with the bats. My whole family (minus Jim who thinks looking at animals is the equivalent to watching paint dry) are fascinated with them.

We also saw Mama tiger taking a nap with her two cubs. The cubs are getting so big now that I honestly couldn’t tell them apart from Mom.

And a variety of birds from the Aviary.

If you are squeamish, you may want to skip these next two photos. One of the birds had a dead mouse in his beak. He kept flipping it up in the air and catching it so that one second he was holding it by the head and the next by the tail. He did it so quickly it was almost hard to see. Of course, being morbidly fascinated, we stopped and watched him for a bit.

After we finished up with the trail, we walked over to the bridge right there to catch a glimpse of Kali River Rapids. None of us had every ridden it and probably never will, we all hate water rides, but it was fun to watch other people getting soaked.

Our next destination was the UP! A Great Bird Adventure show. This one was new to all of us, we had seen the previous version but not the updated one. I think we got there about 20 minutes before show time and ended up with great seats.

And here’s some pictures from the actual show.

Overall I enjoyed the new show. I know a lot of people don’t like it because they say it’s really cheesy. Well it is, but then I found the old show just as cheesy. And I’m there mainly to see the birds and they were as good as ever. I like the fact that each time I’ve seen the show, it’s been slightly different depending on which birds they bring out.

When the show was over, we were well into our next FP time which was for Flights of Passage so we trekked across the park and over to Pandora. We took our time entering the land because it was the first time for John and Jocelyn. I’ve taken tons of pictures on previous trips so I didn’t take any this time.

There was a bit of a line to get into the FP line and of course there had to be that one rude family that refused to wait. They decided to cut in front of everyone and basically pushed poor Jocelyn out of the way to get in front of her to scan their bands. We had to stop and let them pass so she could catch up to us.

Once we got through with all of the pre-shows, John decided not to ride. I think all the motion sickness warnings scared him a bit. I do wish he would have given it a try but I also understand what it’s like to get sick on a ride. Personally I will try any ride once but may not end up riding it again. He walked on past the bikes and out the exit to wait for the rest of us. This was Jocelyn’s first time on the ride and she absolutely loved it. I’m pretty sure it was her favorite from the trip and she talked about how great it was for a while afterwards.

Our next FP was for Expedition Everest so after looking around the gift shop a bit, we headed back out of Pandora. I probably should have planned the EE FP first and then the FOP one so we weren’t crisscrossing so much but you really have to just take whatever FOP FP you can get since it’s so popular. On the way out, we did stop for some Photopass pictures in Pandora. Mom sat these ones out again.

We also stopped for a snack on our way since we were heading towards another ride that turns my stomach a bit. I had my usual Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

Continued in Next Post

You could always go and win her back from that usurper!

Valid argument. :)

Ah, so that explains a lot. :rotfl2:

Of course it does.

Science.

I probably could but I hate to spend the money and then not like time. I think Jim does like them so maybe I can talk him into ordering some and then just trying one of his.

And.... it'll be overcooked again. ;)

Oh, come on, please, I am definitely not that good. :rotfl: Total coincidence and also evidence of how slow of a writer I am.

:laughing:

I don't find it the smoothest ride but it doesn't hurt too much. Now if you ever make it out to Disneyland I would suggest not riding Goofy's Sky School. Now there's an extremely painful ride!

:eek: Thanks for the warning!

Thanks! Primeval Whirl has some pretty weird themeing.

Prime-evil Weird. Got it.

One of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. He's been working his way through that series for a while now.

Ah! I listened to a couple on my road trip. :)

I didn't transition that one very well did I? I guess that's why I'm not a millionaire author by now. :P

:rolleyes:

There is honestly nothing on the menu there that I would eat.

I won't go back.

More Animal Pictures of Course Part 2

And then it was time to face the Yeti! This picture cracks me up because for some reason, we all look like we are just pretending to have a good time. I assure you we really were enjoying ourselves!

While we were in the FP line for EE, I made us a 4th FP for the 5 pm Lion King show. I knew this would be cutting it close for our 5:45 pm dinner ADR but I figured we could make it. I made the FP because I knew it would get us in the theater a little earlier than the standby crowd plus it would get us better seats. Now that they have the dining packages as well as FP seating, there is just not a lot of Standby seating anymore.

We still had a bit of time before the show though so we decided to hit up It’s Tough to be a Bug since it was right there and had no line as usual. Jim needed a bathroom and said to go ahead into the show, he would either catch up to us or meet us afterwards.

Jim didn’t make it but the rest of us enjoyed the show. I don’t mind it other than the point where the hornets poke you in the back, it can be quite painful. But I know where that part is and I just lean forward to avoid the pokes. As usual, the show ended with several terrified, crying kids in the audience. I don’t think parents realize how scary that show can be!

In the meantime, Jim had gotten in line to meet Dug and Russell. He was still in line when exited ITTBAB but I told him to stay there while the rest of us went in the store right there for some shopping. We all kind of split up a bit in the store and I went off to look at the t-shirts. As I was standing there looking, I turned to see Dug and Russell right next to me! They were headed back stage for their break and walked right by me. Jim was next up after their break and ended up with some great pictures.

Did you notice the difference between the two photos? Yep, Dug stole Jim’s sunglasses and decided to wear them himself!

Right after that picture, they slide off of Dug’s nose and fell to the ground. They are Oakley’s so not cheap at all, but luckily they didn’t break.

Meanwhile the rest of us were still shopping. Mom found a t-shirt to buy, no idea what is was at this point, and since they were cheaper if you bought two, I managed to find one I liked also! So Mom purchased them together and I paid her back for mine.

From there we headed over to the Lion King show and got in the FP line. The FP line was pretty stuffy but at least it was out of the sun. Plus Mom and I both pulled out our little fans so we could have a bit of a breeze.

We did end up getting great seats, we were about three rows up in the lion section. I tried for some pictures but I never have much luck here, I only got two to turn out.

I’m pretty sure I gave up after those and just enjoyed the show. FOLK is my absolute favorite show in all of WDW and is a must do for me.

After the show we had about 10 minutes to make it over to Yak and Yeti. We took the back path around to Asia and it really didn’t take long at all. The lobby was packed but we didn’t wait long to be called back for our reservation.

We were kind of stuffed back in a corner table with Mom sitting on the end. It really was more of a 4 person table but we managed.

I ordered the Bhaktapur Duck (roasted half duck, plum BBQ sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables).

I didn’t touch the veggies, Jim ate those, but the duck and rice were delicious! Definitely a new favorite dish for me.

Jocelyn got the Honey Chicken (Tempura chicken, fresh vegetables tossed in honey sauce served with choice of jasmine or brown rice).

John started with a beer and then ordered the Korean Beef (Wok-fried beef, peppers, onions, pineapple, Korean BBQ sauce).

Jim started with one of their specialty drinks which I didn’t get a picture off. It was really strong and he is a super lightweight. He ended up handing about the last third off to me because he couldn’t handle it anymore. For his meal, he got tacos. No idea what exactly they were because they were on a seasonal menu.

Mom decided to get an appetizer, Firecracker Shrimp (Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw) with the sauce on the side and a side of garlic noodles.

Everyone really enjoyed their dishes except for Mom. She liked the shrimp but she said the noodles were very bland and needed seasoning. She wanted salt for them but Yak and Yeti doesn’t have salt and pepper on the tables. She finally did flag down our waiter to get some salt but she was pretty disappointed in them. John tried them too and said they weren't very good.

One thing that I had been looking forward to since Mom and I last went to Yak and Yeti in 2016 was the Chocolate Pudding cake. This cake is so good, it’s dense and very chocolatey which is what I love.

Mom got the Pineapple upside down cake (served warm with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce) which she was slightly disappointed in. It was the most expensive desert on the menu ($10.99!) and for that price she said it wasn’t really worth it.

John and Jocelyn shared a plate of their famous Fried Wontons (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) and said they were very good.

Overall I think it was a really good meal. I definitely want to go back again for both my entrée and dessert. We did have a few minor hitches like Mom’s bland noodles and disappointing dessert and we were a little squished at our table, but for the most part it was yummy. I also found out that while Yak and Yeti doesn’t accept the Tables in Wonderland card, they do give an AP discount.

We only had one more thing we wanted to do before leaving the park and that was to see Pandora at night. The area is very beautiful all lit up and I did try to capture some of it on film but my pictures just don’t do it justice.

We mostly wandered around, only stopping to watch the drum show for a bit.

After that we exited the park and made our way back to All Star Music. In the lobby, they had some CM created pumpkins on display for Halloween. You were supposed to vote for your favorite via text but I never did get around to doing that. I just couldn’t decide which one I liked the most, they were all pretty creative. I did snap some pictures of them on this evening.

Animal Kingdom is usually my favorite place to pin trade, I always find great ones there. But the last few trips have been awful and I didn’t find a single one to trade for on this day. So all you get at the end of this day is my exciting Fitbit stats.

Up Next: I have Serious Burger Envy

I did not know Y&Y takes AP discounts! I wonder if that can be used along with the Landry's rewards? If so I definitely missed out on some money off this past summer!

I did not know Y&Y takes AP discounts! I wonder if that can be used along with the Landry's rewards? If so I definitely missed out on some money off this past summer!
It either or, not both, I usually do the AP discount because we don’t have any Landry’s around here.

Wow, great Safari pictures!

I love the trails, we spend a lot of time on both of them.

Yak and Yeti is one of my favorites, the duck looks delicious, sorry your mom didn’t have the best meal.

Pandora at night is so amazing!

Wonderful updates!! I'm sad Jim didn't try out FOP, but yeah, getting sick is awful.

Y&Y looked yummy- I've never tried any of the dishes you did, so you've given me some ideas for when I head there in May with my Mom. :) I usually get the dim sum basket but the tacos looked pretty good.

Yes!! Pandora at night is so fantastic! Very, very pretty!

Wow! All the pumpkins looked so creative. I think they must've put a lot of time and effort into those. I'd have had a hard time picking as well. ::yes::

Yep, I do remember the dish you are talking about and it's definitely not on the menu anymore. Jim loves the pulled pork sandwich and I probably would too but pork just doesn't settle well on my stomach any more.

Well, shoot, cuz pork is amazing!

I’m pretty sure these are Lion-tailed Macaque.

Love the new additions. Saw those last time too.

are fascinated with them.

Bats are the COOLEST!

Sooooo pretty!

starting with the Komodo dragon.

Those are so cool.
Fascinating animal. Soooo dangerous, though.

(minus Jim who thinks looking at animals is the equivalent to watching paint dry)

Really? Huh. Most people like to at least glance at them.

Cool shot! Look at that wingspan!

We also saw Mama tiger taking a nap with her two cubs. The cubs are getting so big now that I honestly couldn’t tell them apart from Mom.

Still... seeing all of them... :)

One of the birds had a dead mouse in his beak. He kept flipping it up in the air and catching it so that one second he was holding it by the head and the next by the tail.

That's interesting. It's also nature, so doesn't turn me off. Animals eat. So do we.

Of course, being morbidly fascinated, we stopped and watched him for a bit.

::yes::
I would too.

After we finished up with the trail, we walked over to the bridge right there to catch a glimpse of Kali River Rapids. None of us had every ridden it and probably never will, we all hate water rides

I like the ride itself... but don't want to get wet. Went with the kids when they were 8 & 12. Youngest DD got her bum wet and was incensed!
(We were wearing ponchos, but...)

Our next destination was the UP! A Great Bird Adventure show. This one was new to all of us

Haven't seen the new one either.

Overall I enjoyed the new show. I know a lot of people don’t like it because they say it’s really cheesy. Well it is, but then I found the old show just as cheesy.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. Too many people have said they don't like it.

And I’m there mainly to see the birds and they were as good as ever.

Well... yeah! I don't even remember the old show. I'm there for the birds.

There was a bit of a line to get into the FP line and of course there had to be that one rude family that refused to wait. They decided to cut in front of everyone and basically pushed poor Jocelyn out of the way to get in front of her to scan their bands. We had to stop and let them pass so she could catch up to us.

:sad2:
Wow. Good thing they shoved past you so they could be... a few seconds ahead of you!

Once we got through with all of the pre-shows, John decided not to ride. I think all the motion sickness warnings scared him a bit. I do wish he would have given it a try but I also understand what it’s like to get sick on a ride.

Too bad he didn't ride. But... I get not wanting to be sick.
Still... I think most people are able to handle it quite easily. But he knows himself better.

This was Jocelyn’s first time on the ride and she absolutely loved it. I’m pretty sure it was her favorite from the trip and she talked about how great it was for a while afterwards.

Glad she liked it so much!

I probably should have planned the EE FP first and then the FOP one so we weren’t crisscrossing so much but you really have to just take whatever FOP FP you can get since it’s so popular.

::yes:: You book that and then book everything around it.

I like the crown on her head.

:rolleyes1

I had my usual Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

I need to get one of those. I don't think I was even aware of them until you told me about them.

And then it was time to face the Yeti! This picture cracks me up because for some reason, we all look like we are just pretending to have a good time. I assure you we really were enjoying ourselves!

:laughing: "no. really. we're having fun. honest. yippee."

Now that they have the dining packages as well as FP seating, there is just not a lot of Standby seating anymore.

Oh really. Wasn't aware of that.

I don’t mind it other than the point where the hornets poke you in the back, it can be quite painful.

I was worried about that, but didn't find it painful at all. Maybe I just got lucky?

As usual, the show ended with several terrified, crying kids in the audience. I don’t think parents realize how scary that show can be!

:lmao:

Probably shouldn't laugh, but... I find that funny.

Did you notice the difference between the two photos? Yep, Dug stole Jim’s sunglasses and decided to wear them himself!

Right after that picture, they slide off of Dug’s nose and fell to the ground. They are Oakley’s so not cheap at all, but luckily they didn’t break.

:eek:
I bet he wasn't aware of that when he grabbed them.

Nice. I like it. :)

We did end up getting great seats, we were about three rows up in the lion section.

Nice!

I ordered the Bhaktapur Duck (roasted half duck, plum BBQ sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables).

Whoa! That looks really good! Not surprised it's your new fave.

I didn’t touch the veggies
\

Of course you didn't.

Jocelyn got the Honey Chicken (Tempura chicken, fresh vegetables tossed in honey sauce served with choice of jasmine or brown rice).

Korean Beef (Wok-fried beef, peppers, onions, pineapple, Korean BBQ sauce).

Those both look good, too.

Jim started with one of their specialty drinks which I didn’t get a picture off. It was really strong and he is a super lightweight.

That's okay. So am I.

For his meal, he got tacos.

Those... I wouldn't order. Not a huge fan and... it just doesn't seem like the right venue for it... and especially considering all the above mentioned dishes? No contest.

Firecracker Shrimp (Crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw)

mmmm... shrimp.

One thing that I had been looking forward to since Mom and I last went to Yak and Yeti in 2016 was the Chocolate Pudding cake. This cake is so good, it’s dense and very chocolatey which is what I love.

And it's not discontinued! Bonus!

Mom got the Pineapple upside down cake (served warm with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce) which she was slightly disappointed in. It was the most expensive desert on the menu ($10.99!) and for that price she said it wasn’t really worth it.

Not a huge fan, but still, sorry she didn't think it was worth the money.

John and Jocelyn shared a plate of their famous Fried Wontons (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) and said they were very good.

mmmm....

I think I'm hungry.

We only had one more thing we wanted to do before leaving the park and that was to see Pandora at night. The area is very beautiful all lit up and I did try to capture some of it on film but my pictures just don’t do it justice.

It's such a beautiful area at night. They really did a good job. But it is hard to photograph.

In the lobby, they had some CM created pumpkins on display for Halloween.

Cool!

I was going to say, I LOVE this one with Dug wearing the sunglasses!!! OMG, I'm so glad they weren't damaged when they fell on the ground. Oakley's are definitely not cheap!!!

Sounds like a very productive AK day! We have never eaten at Yak and Yeti before, but I definitely could find something to eat it seems. The korean beef sounded delicious, as well as your Mom's shrimp (minus the noodles!)

Sounds like a fun day at AK! Your seats at FOTLK must have been awesome - I don't think I've ever been that close to the floor. And your dessert at Y&Y looked amazing!!!!! :thumbsup2

Not even the chicken skewer? It was just grilled chicken but it was really good.

Do you mean the one on the kids menu? Yeah I would probably eat that but when there's better options at Flame Tree and Satu'li Canteen I doubt I would ever get that.

Thanks for the warning!

After I wrote that I realized that you have been to Disneyland more times than I have and have probably seen that coaster already. :rotfl:

I was going to say no idea because I've never had a Landry's card, there's just no restaurants around us that take it so it's not worth having one for me. But then I saw that @disneyAndi14 answered you below.

Following! Good report!

Thanks! Glad to have you aboard.

Wow, great Safari pictures!

I love the trails, we spend a lot of time on both of them.

Yak and Yeti is one of my favorites, the duck looks delicious, sorry your mom didn’t have the best meal.

Pandora at night is so amazing!

Thanks, we definitely saw a lot of animals that morning.

My poor Mom has just not had much luck with Yak and Yeti. She did like her meal the first time we ate there but she had a bad experience because the waitress spilled a full glass of iced tea all over her!

Y&Y looked yummy- I've never tried any of the dishes you did, so you've given me some ideas for when I head there in May with my Mom. :) I usually get the dim sum basket but the tacos looked pretty good.

Our meal was very good that day! I'm not sure if they will have the tacos in May. They were on a separate seasonal menu.

Wow! All the pumpkins looked so creative. I think they must've put a lot of time and effort into those. I'd have had a hard time picking as well.

I just could not decide which one I liked the best!

Well, shoot, cuz pork is amazing!

I know, tell me about it. I'm already super picky and having one dish that I love taken away because it upsets my stomach is not good.

Those are so cool.
Fascinating animal. Soooo dangerous, though.

I can imagine although I don't think I've even seen the one at Disney move before.

Really? Huh. Most people like to at least glance at them.

Nope, he absolutely hates zoos and any other areas where you have to look at animals. We have been to the Georgia Aquarium only twice and he has no desire to go back.

That's interesting. It's also nature, so doesn't turn me off. Animals eat. So do we.

That's the way I feel but I know other people can be squeamish so that's why I put the warning on it.

I like the ride itself... but don't want to get wet. Went with the kids when they were 8 & 12. Youngest DD got her bum wet and was incensed!
(We were wearing ponchos, but...)

Now that's funny! Maybe someday I will get up the nerve to ride KRR just to say I did it once.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. Too many people have said they don't like it.

Well, the story line itself was pretty bad but like I said, I could care less about the story, I just want to see the birds!

Wow. Good thing they shoved past you so they could be... a few seconds ahead of you!

I was so annoyed by that. If I was more outgoing I may have made them stop and let Jocelyn by but I just don't do confrontations.

Too bad he didn't ride. But... I get not wanting to be sick.
Still... I think most people are able to handle it quite easily. But he knows himself better.

The only one who I know had a hard time was my Aunt when we went last February. She has motion sickness issues to and she got very, very sick on FOP. She didn't throw up but she said it was a close one and she felt awful the rest of the day.

I like the crown on her head.

:rotfl2: I didn't notice that till you pointed it out.

I need to get one of those. I don't think I was even aware of them until you told me about them.

I love them so much more than the Mickey bars for some reason. I think I just like the softer chocolate plus they are a lot easier to eat.

I was worried about that, but didn't find it painful at all. Maybe I just got lucky?

I think it probably just depends on the seat you are in. Some of them poke more than others. I've had times where it's hurt and other times where I've barely felt it. But rather than take the risk, I just lean forward for a few seconds to avoid it.

Probably shouldn't laugh, but... I find that funny.

Oh I find it funny too! It cracks me up that Disney made a 4D attraction based on a kids movie and made it too scary for kids.

I bet he wasn't aware of that when he grabbed them.

Probably not. I think that particular pair looks like a cheap pair I had back in the 80s when neon was all the rage. :rotfl:

And it's not discontinued! Bonus!

Not yet at least. :sad2:

It's such a beautiful area at night. They really did a good job. But it is hard to photograph.

Definitely! But I will always keep trying to get nice shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter