Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

Sounds like a great afternoon and evening at AK! Jim's pics with Russel & Dug are cute!

We did have a nice afternoon. Part of me wishes I would have jumped in line with him but I wanted to shop.

I was going to say, I LOVE this one with Dug wearing the sunglasses!!! OMG, I'm so glad they weren't damaged when they fell on the ground. Oakley's are definitely not cheap!!!

Sounds like a very productive AK day! We have never eaten at Yak and Yeti before, but I definitely could find something to eat it seems. The korean beef sounded delicious, as well as your Mom's shrimp (minus the noodles!)

Yeah, Jim loves his Oakley's and I 'm glad those didn't break. I could never wear ones that expensive, I would be so worried about breaking them. $5 ones from Walmart work just as well!

I thought I would struggle at Yak and Yeti too but that duck was yummy! And there's also a burger on the menu for more picky eaters.

Sounds like a fun day at AK! Your seats at FOTLK must have been awesome - I don't think I've ever been that close to the floor. And your dessert at Y&Y looked amazing!!!!! :thumbsup2

We did get some great seats at FOLK. I think we were in row three. If you don't do FP or the meal package now you end up way up top.

I Have Serious Burger Envy

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 we had our second sleep in day of the trip. Well, Jim didn’t as he was heading home that morning. He had a 9:40 am flight so he was up and out the door by 6 am to catch a 6:30 am DME. Mom and I were able to go back to sleep till about 8 am. We probably would have slept later than that but my Great Aunt texted my Mom to let her know she was up and alive. She is 90 after all so my Mom has her check in every morning.

We got ready and had some snacks in the room before heading out and onto a bus for Hollywood Studios. John and Jocelyn would be meeting us a bit later that morning. Our one and only goal at HS was to do some shopping! We headed down Sunset Blvd and made our way back up the street and then down Hollywood Blvd checking out all the stores as we went. I saw a shirt that I decided to think about and Mom found a HS shirt that she purchased and had sent back to the room.

By the time we hit up all of the shops, John and Jocelyn had arrived by bus so we met them out front and caught a boat to the Boardwalk. Our lunch destination was the Big River Grille & Brewing Works.

We got there around 12:30 pm and there was no wait for a table. You can’t make a reservation through the Disney web site but it does look like they may take some kind of reservations since there is a sign on the table in this next picture.

I took those two pictures to show just how tiny the place was. There couldn’t have been more than 10 tables inside and maybe about that many outside.

Big River is the only micro-brewery on Disney property and I’m pretty sure that both John and Jocelyn ordered a beer. Personally I don’t care for beer and a lot of times it makes me nauseous so I stuck with a Coke.

Big River is known for their burgers and both John and Jocelyn ordered Kobe Burgers with kettle chips.

Mom got the Blackened Creole Salmon with a creamy Cajun Sauce, Garlic Butter, and Green Onions served with Seasonal Vegetables and Cilantro-Lime rice. It looks like she might have subbed mashed potatoes for the rice.

And I got Classic Mac ‘N Chicken with Grilled Chicken and topped with Asiago Breadcrumbs but had them leave off the breadcrumbs.

My dish was very good but after seeing the burgers I was seriously wishing I had gotten one of those! There was also an awesome sounding chocolate cake (Chocolate Confusion – Chocolate Mousse layered between Oreo-Brownie Cake with Icing and Chocolate Chips) but my pasta dish was just too filling and I wasn’t hungry for dessert. Someday I want to go back and get one of the burgers and also that cake.

After lunch, we browsed a bit in the Boardwalk store and I found a ring that I immediately fell in love with. For Disney prices it wasn’t bad, sterling silver and $39.99.

I absolutely love it and wear it all the time. And this was not the only ring I bought during this trip!

From there we headed back to the boats and back to Hollywood Studios where we had some FPs for the afternoon. The first one was for the Frozen show at 1:00 pm. Of course we were well past that time but since we saw it the first day it wasn’t a big deal. We did have some time before our second FP for Slinky Dog Dash so we decided to wait in line for Toy Story Mania. I think the wait time said 35 minutes and it was even a bit longer than that. But the line was all inside and air conditioned so it wasn’t too bad. I did take a few pictures in the first room including the Hidden Mickey (third picture) that John spotted. I have no idea how I missed that one on the previous day!

After that, I put my camera away and we just chatted the whole time in line. We somehow got onto the subject of financial planning and wills and other morbid stuff. Not sure how that happened and I’m wondering what people who might have been listening in thought about it!

We finally made it on to the ride and while I had a lower score than usual for me, I was still best in vehicle.

On the way out of the ride, we spotted a PP photographer at the Checker Wall so we stopped for a quick picture. He only took three pretty much identical shots so I will just share one with you.

It was now well within the time for our SDD FP so we headed there and before long we were coasting along with Slinky Dog. This was the first ride for John, Jocelyn and Mom and they all loved it. This coaster is very much my speed! Just thrilling enough without knocking me around or making me nauseous like some of the bigger coasters.

We never did get the ride photos but I don’t remember seeing the cameras go off so I’m thinking they weren’t working that day. They seem to be down a lot on that ride for some reason.

After that we said goodbye to Toy Story Land and headed down Sunset Blvd towards our third FP of the day, Rockin’ Roller Coaster. On our way down the street, I stopped into the new Toy Story store and picked up the shirt I was thinking about earlier. I’m pretty sure that half the country has this exact shirt but I thought it would go well with my Slinky Dog purse so I grabbed it. I had it shipped back to the room so I didn’t have to carry it all night.

While we were waiting in a much shorter than last time Fast Pass line for RNRC, I made us a fourth FP for the 5 pm Indiana Jones show so that we could get better seats. Oh and here’s our second RNRC ride photo. Not quite as good as the first one and I think once again, Mom wins.

We made our way across the park and headed into the Indiana Jones theater. The FP seats are pretty much front and center. Here’s the view we had.

After that picture, I just sat back and enjoyed the show. I think it had been at least four years since I had seen it last. I figure this show might be on borrowed time since it’s been around so long, so it was nice to see it again.

Right in the middle of the show, my phone rang and it was Jim. I had my phone on vibrate but was not about to answer it during the show so I texted him to see what was up. He was at our Vet picking up the dogs and wanted to know where their leases and collars were. Well I had told him more than once that they were at home on the kitchen counter and he need to go there first before picking them up. I told him the same thing once again through a text. I guess he went ahead and picked them up without the leashes and collars and then went to the grocery store with them still in the car. It was plenty cool enough outside to leave them in the car but when he got there, Buddy decided to jump out and make a run for it. Thank goodness he has short stubby legs and Jim was able to catch him before he got hit by a car. I was not a happy camper when he told me that story later! Especially when our Vet, the grocery store and our house are all within 5 minutes of each other and he could have easily taken the dogs home first before going to the store.

After the show, we exited HS for the last time, headed back to the boats and over to Epcot for another round of Food and Wine. We walked quickly through England and Canada to the front of WS so we could start the opposite way around the booths. Our first booth was Hawaii where I started my night off with a glass of Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine.

I did enjoy this wine a bit better than the Honey wine from the previous day and it was a bit bigger too.

Once again, I only got pictures of my purchases that night. It was just too hard to try to get everyone’s.

We backtracked a bit after Hawaii and went to the Chocolate and Cheese Studio booths that were set up on the side path between WS and the Figment ride. Mom and I stayed in that area while John and Jocelyn went to see the other booths and also look for some more of the Remy’s.

I did think about getting the Beef Stroganoff from the Cheese Studio again but instead got Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel. Yep I started off dinner with alcohol and dessert!

Normally I wouldn’t have thought to try this dish because I really don’t like caramel or almond but my boss had been to Food and Wine in September and said I had to try this one. He was right, it was delicious and I ate every bite!

We headed back into WS and stopped at the Canada booth where I got Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce and a glass of the Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine.

The steak was wonderful, melt in your mouth and the ice wine, although tiny and expensive, was delicious. It was my favorite wine from the trip.

We shopped our way through Canada and on to the UK. Jocelyn spent some time looking at the soccer jerseys for her nephew but decided to wait and check out the soccer store in DS before buying one.

Both she and I stopped at the Ireland booth and got the Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard. No pictures as we ate while we walked. It’s the same dish I got on our first Food and Wine day and the only dish I got twice. So if you are counting, so far I had 2 drinks, 2 desserts and 1 savory dish.

The France booth was up next and I got Carbonade de Boeuf, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Beer-braised Beef with Bacon, Onion and Mashed Potatoes and the La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice. So 3 drinks, 2 desserts and 2 savory dishes.

The beef dish was OK but a far cry from my favorite beef dish that they used to have at the France booth. I was able to pick out the bacon which I don’t like but the dish was still way too salty for me. I probably wouldn’t get it again. I did consider getting the escargot dish but was getting full at this point and pretty much chickened out on trying it.

The slushy wasn’t bad but I still prefer the lemon one. And on that note, I walked over to the regular drink kiosk and got me one of the lemon ones!

Yep, miss lightweight was on drink #4 for the night! After that one though I was done for the evening. And I think pretty much everyone else had their fill also. We did continue around the WS, shopping our way through the countries. Oh, John and Jocelyn did stop for a quick picture in France since she was wearing her Belle shirt.

We were also still looking for the Remy’s and did find them in all the countries except Japan. Jocelyn and I walked all around the pavilion and couldn’t find him, it was just too dark. We only missed that one and the random one that was all the way over by Test Track so we just guessed on the last two stickers. The CM’s who give you your prize don’t check to see if you get them all correct so it wasn’t a big deal.

While we were in Japan, I picked up a few items. I usually pick up one of the little owls each trip and this time was no exception. I got purple this trip.

And I finally broke down and purchased one of the pricy solar cats for my desk at work. I have way too many of these solar items at my desk!

In this second picture, you can see the solar panel at the back. His tail wags back and forth when the light is on him.

We bypassed the America store since we had stopped there on our previous day and then looked quickly around the Italy store at the soccer jerseys. I can’t stay in that store for very long because the perfume makes me sneeze.

We stopped into the Toy store in Germany to look at the Steiff. I immediately spotted a cute little owl that I wanted but Mom stole him from me and bought him for me for Christmas. So I said, fine, I’ll find something else and left the store with this cute little elephant (is anyone surprised? Not!).

Mom wanted to look at the rings in the jewelry store but it was getting very close to 9 pm when the stores closed. We did look quickly but really didn’t have time to try any on. I don’t think she really saw anything she liked any ways.

By the time we exited Germany, the park was closed and Illuminations was starting. We quickly walked to the front of WS and attempted to go into the stores there to redeem our Remy maps. But they were also closed and that was the only place where you could redeem them. We just decided we would bring them back on Friday and headed out of the park ahead of the Illuminations crowd.

Once again I did not trade for any pins that day but here are my Fitbit stats.

Up Next: Venturing Off Disney Property

Last edited:
After I wrote that I realized that you have been to Disneyland more times than I have and have probably seen that coaster already. :rotfl:

I've been a grand total of... two times. And I've never seen it! :laughing:

I can imagine although I don't think I've even seen the one at Disney move before.

I'm not sure if I've seen them elsewhere either. But I have read up on them, and... yeah... scary dangerous.

Nope, he absolutely hates zoos and any other areas where you have to look at animals. We have been to the Georgia Aquarium only twice and he has no desire to go back.

Huh! That's rare. But to each his own. :)

Now that's funny! Maybe someday I will get up the nerve to ride KRR just to say I did it once.

Go with a change of clothes (heck, wear a bathing suit underneath) and try it! It's really pretty fun... but you will get soaked.

Well, the story line itself was pretty bad but like I said, I could care less about the story, I just want to see the birds!

::yes::

I was so annoyed by that. If I was more outgoing I may have made them stop and let Jocelyn by but I just don't do confrontations.

Usually not worth it. If they're stupid enough to do that in the first place, they're probably stupid enough to get in a fight over it.

The only one who I know had a hard time was my Aunt when we went last February. She has motion sickness issues to and she got very, very sick on FOP. She didn't throw up but she said it was a close one and she felt awful the rest of the day.

My point. He knows himself and... maybe the risk just isn't worth the reward.

I think it probably just depends on the seat you are in. Some of them poke more than others. I've had times where it's hurt and other times where I've barely felt it.

Thanks for the warning. I've only seen it once. But... if I ever go back...

Oh I find it funny too! It cracks me up that Disney made a 4D attraction based on a kids movie and made it too scary for kids.

:laughing:

Star Wars and Sulley

I thought I would do a quick real life update for those of you who are not on Facebook. If you are friends with me on there, this is probably old news.

A few weeks ago, we went to an Atlanta Gladiators hockey game. They are the ECHL farm team for the Boston Bruins. We used to go to a lot of Atlanta Thrashers games but ever since they moved to Winnipeg, we try to hit up a few Gladiators games each year. We actually got a six game package this year. The night in question though happened to be Star Wars night and quite a few members of the Georgia 501st Legion was there. We went a bit early because they had an exclusive meet and greet before the game started. The event was $50 each but included tickets to the game, dinner and the exclusive meet and greets. Jim and I figured that was a pretty good deal.

The event was held in one of the end zones of the arena. The very first character I spotted when we entered was the one I wanted to see the most, Rey!

She told me my shirt was like looking into a mirror.

Kylo Ren was also right there with her but I wasn't really all that interested in him. Jim did get his picture with both of them.

There were also quite a few different Stormtroopers.

A Gamorrean.

And finally this awesome group. I think Jim looks very nervous next to Darth Vader.

After we met all the characters, it was time for food. And it was pretty much my ideal meal. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken Tenders, Tator Tots, chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, rice crispy treats, lemonade and water.

Once we finished eating, we headed back out to the lobby area of the arena where there were lots more characters! This was a lot more chaotic with huge crowds of people trying to get pictures with the characters. There were no lines and people were just jumping in to get pictures. Except for one character who was all by her lonesome without a line, I stayed behind the camera and let Jim push his way in for photos.

And then the second part of our real life news is introducing the newest member of our pack, Sulley (thanks again @missjackiemcg for the name)!

And yes, Jim and I are very much aware that we are crazy to add a 5th dog to the mix. But Ellie was driving us and the other 3 mad because she always wants to run and play. Sulley is about a year old and he has been perfect for her. He has the same energy level and the two of them play constantly. Sulley came into the local shelter as a stray and we aren't exactly sure what he is but I believe he is a Schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix).

It took less than a week to integrate him fully with the other dogs. Well, Buddy is still a little annoyed but Sulley is learning to leave him alone or pay the consequences. Buddy just hates when other dogs get in his face and will let Sulley know when he's had enough.

As you can see by this next picture, Sulley has settled in and feels completely comfortable in his new forever home.

I saw a shirt that I decided to think about

Standing by...

Our lunch destination was the Big River Grille & Brewing Works.

Oh! I don't know anyone who's been there. (That I can recall, at least.)

You can’t make a reservation through the Disney web site but it does look like they may take some kind of reservations since there is a sign on the table in this next picture.

Maybe some VIPs were coming?

I took those two pictures to show just how tiny the place was. There couldn’t have been more than 10 tables inside and maybe about that many outside.

Very small. Maybe that's why they don't take reservations?

Personally I don’t care for beer

Me neither.

after seeing the burgers I was seriously wishing I had gotten one of those!

They do look good. What did they think of them?

(Chocolate Confusion – Chocolate Mousse layered between Oreo-Brownie Cake with Icing and Chocolate Chips)

Holy crap! Want!

I found a ring that I immediately fell in love with. For Disney prices it wasn’t bad, sterling silver and $39.99.

I absolutely love it and wear it all the time.

Very pretty. :)

Toy Story Mania. I think the wait time said 35 minutes and it was even a bit longer than that.

For that time of day? Not bad at all!

We somehow got onto the subject of financial planning and wills and other morbid stuff.

Of course. Since Disney tries to suck all the money out of you until you're dead.

Not sure how that happened and I’m wondering what people who might have been listening in thought about it!

We finally made it on to the ride and while I had a lower score than usual for me, I was still best in vehicle.

Wait to kick butt!

I was still best in vehicle.

Good for you!

It was now well within the time for our SDD FP so we headed there and before long we were coasting along with Slinky Dog. This was the first ride for John, Jocelyn and Mom and they all loved it.

Keep hearing good things about it. Can't wait! :)

This coaster is very much my speed! Just thrilling enough without knocking me around or making me nauseous like some of the bigger coasters.

Good to know. I'll pass on Space now... but will probably have to ride it in May... oh well...

We never did get the ride photos but I don’t remember seeing the cameras go off so I’m thinking they weren’t working that day. They seem to be down a lot on that ride for some reason.

You are probably the 5th or 6th person that's had issues with it.

I stopped into the new Toy Story store and picked up the shirt I was thinking about earlier.

… good!

Oh and here’s our second RNRC ride photo. Not quite as good as the first one and I think once again, Mom wins.

::yes:: Yes she does!

The FP seats are pretty much front and center.

Good info. Thanks. Makes getting a FP worthwhile.

He was at our Vet picking up the dogs and wanted to know where their leases and collars were. Well I had told him more than once that they were at home on the kitchen counter and he need to go there first before picking them up.

Well, of course. He's a guy. It's what we do best. Not listen.

Buddy decided to jump out and make a run for it.

:eek:

got Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel.

whoa

Yep I started off dinner with alcohol and dessert!

:lmao:

We headed back into WS and stopped at the Canada booth where I got Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce and a glass of the Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine.

Oh Canada!

The slushy wasn’t bad but I still prefer the lemon one. And on that note, I walked over to the regular drink kiosk and got me one of the lemon ones!

::yes:: Would do the same. love that drink.

Yep, miss lightweight was on drink #4 for the night! After that one though I was done for the evening.

:laughing: Do you really remember the rest of the evening?

While we were in Japan, I picked up a few items. I usually pick up one of the little owls each trip and this time was no exception. I got purple this trip.

Another collection! When will it end!?!?!?

And I finally broke down and purchased one of the pricy solar cats for my desk at work. I have way too many of these solar items at my desk!

Stop using up all the sun!

I immediately spotted a cute little owl that I wanted but Mom stole him from me

Thief! Did you fight her for it?

and bought him for me for Christmas.

Oh. That's okay, then.

So I said, fine, I’ll find something else and left the store with this cute little elephant (is anyone surprised? Not!).

Not surprised at all. ;)

We used to go to a lot of Atlanta Thrashers games but ever since they moved to Winnipeg,

Thank you. They're doing quite well in their new home.

The event was $50 each but included tickets to the game, dinner and the exclusive meet and greets.

Good deal!

She told me my shirt was like looking into a mirror.

Pretty cool... and rare, I think.

And finally this awesome group. I think Jim looks very nervous next to Darth Vader.

:laughing: Well, who wouldn't be!

Cool group.
I won't comment on all the photos, but I'm very surprised at the sheer amount of characters that were there!

And it was pretty much my ideal meal. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken Tenders, Tator Tots, chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, rice crispy treats, lemonade and water.

:laughing: Yum!

And then the second part of our real life news is introducing the newest member of our pack, Sulley (thanks again @missjackiemcg for the name)!

awww... cute pup. :)

:laughing: Pretty comfy pup.

Haven’t done Big River before. I’ll have to try their burgers one of these days!

Yay for the new pup!

Our meal was very good that day! I'm not sure if they will have the tacos in May. They were on a separate seasonal menu.

You are probably right. seems like a specialty item. :)

I just could not decide which one I liked the best!

:)

I know, tell me about it. I'm already super picky and having one dish that I love taken away because it upsets my stomach is not good.

Well shoot... I hope you can find something else to add in that makes up for it.

Loved your Food and Wine tour - you got many of the same dishes I did. I'm SOOOOOOO glad you didn't get the escargot thing. It was disgusting!

Sounds like a nice lunch and afternoon at DHS!

You made a lot of headway at F&W that evening! You sampled a lot of tasty looking stuff!

Sounds like a fun Star Wars event!

Aww Hi Sulley! Congrats on the newest addition!

After that, I put my camera away and we just chatted the whole time in line. We somehow got onto the subject of financial planning and wills and other morbid stuff. Not sure how that happened and I’m wondering what people who might have been listening in thought about it!
I LOVE listening to people in line for this very reason!!!! So entertaining :)

And why not!? You're on vacation :)

We were also still looking for the Remy’s and did find them in all the countries except Japan.
I just found out there is a scavenger hunt for Flower and Garden with the little bee from the old Donald Duck cartoon! Sounds like fun :)

We've got a 2319!!!! :) I love his little face!!!

Big River is the only micro-brewery on Disney property and I’m pretty sure that both John and Jocelyn ordered a beer. Personally I don’t care for beer and a lot of times it makes me nauseous so I stuck with a Coke.
Interesting. I don't think I had ever read a review of Big River before. I'm also not a beer drinker, although if someone offers me one I will drink it just to be polite.
It really looks very good though.

I did three rides on Slinky Dog and only once did the ride photos appear correctly. I could understand a brand new ride having technical problems, but I would have thought they could straighten it out by now.

I figure this show might be on borrowed time since it’s been around so long, so it was nice to see it again.
I saw it for the first time in years back in August. I was glad to have seen it, but I suspect it may be my last time seeing it. I really don't think they can keep the whole "we're making a movie" thing going once the park is re-born with Galaxy's Edge.

That lemon slush was one of the best drinks I had! I never did get the orange version but I don't know if I want to try anything else.

A few weeks ago, we went to an Atlanta Gladiators hockey game. They are the ECHL farm team for the Boston Bruins.
Oh cool. My city had a team join the ECHL this year - the Newfoundland Growlers. They are in the Eastern conference with the Gladiators. It looks like they just played each other, on Feb 14th for the first time.
That Star Wars night looks like a lot of fun.

And yes, Jim and I are very much aware that we are crazy to add a 5th dog to the mix.
When you have a love for animals, it's hard not to add more. I must admit I'm not really a dog person, but I like cats. For many years my family resisted getting a cat but we've had one for just over a year now. We have talked several times about getting another.

Well, I was going to comment something about your trip but then I saw Sulley and now I have forgotten. We had a schnoodle when I was a little girl, and he looks like your new pup. His name was Snooks, I got him from a shelter when I was 5 on the day of his scheduled trip to the bad room, and he lived to be 20. Yep, 20. Happiness to you and Jim with your new addition!

Right in the middle of the show, my phone rang and it was Jim. I had my phone on vibrate but was not about to answer it during the show so I texted him to see what was up. He was at our Vet picking up the dogs and wanted to know where their leases and collars were. Well I had told him more than once that they were at home on the kitchen counter and he need to go there first before picking them up. I told him the same thing once again through a text. I guess he went ahead and picked them up without the leashes and collars and then went to the grocery store with them still in the car. It was plenty cool enough outside to leave them in the car but when he got there, Buddy decided to jump out and make a run for it. Thank goodness he has short stubby legs and Jim was able to catch him before he got hit by a car. I was not a happy camper when he told me that story later! Especially when our Vet, the grocery store and our house are all within 5 minutes of each other and he could have easily taken the dogs home first before going to the store.
I used to hate when i left the dogs places where I had to take the leash home. I would always leave it in the car. One time I picked them up in a different car. Luckily they let me borrow 2 slip leashes.

Congrats on the new addition. He is adorable.

IMG_8277-L.jpg
This is gorgeous!!! :cutie:

I figure this show might be on borrowed time since it’s been around so long, so it was nice to see it again.
I think you're right. I usually try to see it once a trip for that reason... I kinda love it. I happened to sit next to Spokesmayne last August and didn't realize who he was until I asked him and his girlfriend after the show - he's a pretty big Disney vlogger! Kinda figured by the commentary before it began though :laughing:

I like your style. :thumbsup2

So if you are counting, so far I had 2 drinks, 2 desserts and 1 savory dish.

So 3 drinks, 2 desserts and 2 savory dishes.
And I see it only improved! :laughing:

I usually pick up one of the little owls each trip and this time was no exception. I got purple this trip.
I love these little owls too! :goodvibes

I think Jim looks very nervous next to Darth Vader.
:rotfl:

And then the second part of our real life news is introducing the newest member of our pack, Sulley
Yay! He sure looks like he's pretty happy being your newest family member :goodvibes

I've been a grand total of... two times. And I've never seen it!

I don't know why I thought you had been more times than that? The Goofy coaster is over near the Little Mermaid ride in CA so I thought you might have noticed it.

Go with a change of clothes (heck, wear a bathing suit underneath) and try it! It's really pretty fun... but you will get soaked.

Someday I might brave it but probably not. :rotfl:

Usually not worth it. If they're stupid enough to do that in the first place, they're probably stupid enough to get in a fight over it.

True, last thing I want is to get into a confrontation with people at Disney!

Oh! I don't know anyone who's been there. (That I can recall, at least.)

I think I might have read one or two TRs in the past that mentioned it. John was the one that picked it, he loved beer so visiting the only micro-brewery on Disney property was something he really wanted to do.

Maybe some VIPs were coming?

My guess would be that they allow guests staying at the Boardwalk to make reservations.

They do look good. What did they think of them?

The loved the burgers which is another reason I really want to go back and try one!

For that time of day? Not bad at all!

35- 40 minutes seems to be the norm now that they opened up the third track. Not a bad wait compared to the 80-90 minutes it used to be!

Of course. Since Disney tries to suck all the money out of you until you're dead.

:rotfl2:

Good to know. I'll pass on Space now... but will probably have to ride it in May... oh well...

I can usually handle Space OK, RNRC is the one that gets me the most. Heck, I can still ride them once, I just don't quite enjoy them like I used to. But I can imagine you being a lot more cautious thanks to your back. For me it's usually just a bit of a headache and slight nausea.

Good info. Thanks. Makes getting a FP worthwhile.

It does seem like the FPs are great for getting better seats at some of the shows. And 4th, 5th, etc FPs are very easy to pick up for the shows. We found that the FP got us good seats at FOLK and Indiana Jones. For the Frozen show, it just let us into the holding area early so the advantage there was getting out of the sun earlier.

Do you really remember the rest of the evening?

Funny enough, even with 4 drinks I wasn't really feeling it. I think they were all small, spread out and I did eat in between.

Another collection! When will it end!?!?!?

Never. :P At least with the owls they are tiny and don't take up much room. Plus there is a limited amount of colors so eventually I will run out of ones to buy.

Stop using up all the sun!

Actually I'm just using up all the County's electricity since they are under the lamp on my desk.

Thank you. They're doing quite well in their new home.

:rolleyes2

I won't comment on all the photos, but I'm very surprised at the sheer amount of characters that were there!

We were too. Very pleasant surprise that was!

Haven’t done Big River before. I’ll have to try their burgers one of these days!

Yay for the new pup!

Big River Grille was definitely worth the stop. I need to go back and get a burger next time.

Well shoot... I hope you can find something else to add in that makes up for it.

Loved your Food and Wine tour - you got many of the same dishes I did. I'm SOOOOOOO glad you didn't get the escargot thing. It was disgusting!

Well, I have starting eating a lot more fish than I used to growing up. My brother did get the escargot and loved it. Maybe you just got a bad batch?

Sounds like a nice lunch and afternoon at DHS!

You made a lot of headway at F&W that evening! You sampled a lot of tasty looking stuff!

Sounds like a fun Star Wars event!

Aww Hi Sulley! Congrats on the newest addition!

We did have a fun time that afternoon and made a lot of progress at F&W.

I LOVE listening to people in line for this very reason!!!! So entertaining

This is one of my main sources of entertainment when traveling solo!

And why not!? You're on vacation

True! I'm sure we will be doing a lot more of that in May too.

I just found out there is a scavenger hunt for Flower and Garden with the little bee from the old Donald Duck cartoon! Sounds like fun

Oh, this sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely be doing it when we go. I was really disappointed that we will be missing the Easter Egg one by a few weeks so this is a great replacement.

We've got a 2319!!!! :) I love his little face!!!

He's definitely an awesome addition. He's really a weird little dog and keeps Jim and I laughing all the time. He's super awkward with those long legs and is constantly tripping over himself. The other night he came running down the hall, slide across the living room floor, hit one of the dog beds head first and did a perfect somersault into the bed.

Interesting. I don't think I had ever read a review of Big River before. I'm also not a beer drinker, although if someone offers me one I will drink it just to be polite.
It really looks very good though.

I read one or two reviews but it was never really on my radar. My brother loves beer though so he wanted to give it a try. It was definitely worth the trip.

I did three rides on Slinky Dog and only once did the ride photos appear correctly. I could understand a brand new ride having technical problems, but I would have thought they could straighten it out by now.

It does seem like they have a lot of technical issues with the camera on that ride.

I saw it for the first time in years back in August. I was glad to have seen it, but I suspect it may be my last time seeing it. I really don't think they can keep the whole "we're making a movie" thing going once the park is re-born with Galaxy's Edge.

There's all kinds of rumors about that area in HS getting a renovation once Galaxy's Edge opens. I'm pretty sure they will at least re theme Star Tours so redoing the whole area may be in the cards.

That lemon slush was one of the best drinks I had! I never did get the orange version but I don't know if I want to try anything else.

I've tried both and prefer the lemon one. I found the orange one a bit too sweet which is weird for me because I like sweet drinks.

Oh cool. My city had a team join the ECHL this year - the Newfoundland Growlers. They are in the Eastern conference with the Gladiators. It looks like they just played each other, on Feb 14th for the first time.
That Star Wars night looks like a lot of fun.

I don't think we have seen that team before. Maybe at a future game. If you get a chance to go to a game do so, they are a lot of fun.

When you have a love for animals, it's hard not to add more. I must admit I'm not really a dog person, but I like cats. For many years my family resisted getting a cat but we've had one for just over a year now. We have talked several times about getting another.

Jim is allergic to cats or we would probably have some of those too. One of the main reasons I started volunteering at our local shelter was to get my cat fix since I couldn't have one at home.

Well, I was going to comment something about your trip but then I saw Sulley and now I have forgotten. We had a schnoodle when I was a little girl, and he looks like your new pup. His name was Snooks, I got him from a shelter when I was 5 on the day of his scheduled trip to the bad room, and he lived to be 20. Yep, 20. Happiness to you and Jim with your new addition!

Wow, 20 years is amazing! I'm almost positive that Sulley is a Schnoodle but someday I might get him DNA tested to be sure. I want to do Buddy first though because he is such a odd little thing I really want to know what he is!

I used to hate when i left the dogs places where I had to take the leash home. I would always leave it in the car. One time I picked them up in a different car. Luckily they let me borrow 2 slip leashes.

Congrats on the new addition. He is adorable.

Yeah, our place doesn't like to keep them because they don't want to lose them. When Jim and I travel together, we just leave them in the car but I couldn't do that this time since Jim was picking them up.

I think you're right. I usually try to see it once a trip for that reason... I kinda love it. I happened to sit next to Spokesmayne last August and didn't realize who he was until I asked him and his girlfriend after the show - he's a pretty big Disney vlogger! Kinda figured by the commentary before it began though

What a cool story. I don't think I've seen that vlogger. There are so many out there and I just don't have enough time to watch them all!

I like your style.

That's Disney for you, no rules about food there!

Yay! He sure looks like he's pretty happy being your newest family member

He has definitely settled in very well.

It sounds a little morbid, but also hilarious!

I think it was mainly to give my Mom peace of mind that she was OK. Not sure if you saw on Facebook, I'm going to post about it here next, but my Mom is no longer getting those morning texts. :sad1:

Totally agree! Hilarious!

We got some great ride photos on this trip!

Saying Goodbye to My First Disney Buddy

Before I go on to the next update, I wanted to post briefly here about my Great Aunt who passed away last weekend. I've mentioned her many times on my TRs since she was my Disney buddy and enabler. Rather than write up a whole new post, I'm just going to copy here what I wrote on Facebook plus post a few photos of her.

I can't believe that you are gone. You were so much more to me than a Great Aunt. You were a second Mom, a teacher, a friend. You took me to Walt Disney World for the first time and gave me a love for that place that continues to grow today. You taught me how to study and excel in school and also how to drive. I'm pretty sure I inherited my pickiness from you since we we the only two in our family with so many foods we disliked. You were always patient and one of the most selfless people I ever knew. Rest in peace Wilda, you will be missed more than you could ever know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter