Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I'm curious as to why folk are not taking advantage of the ability to book multiple parks with these CL FP+.

Everyone is unique, I got that, but why duplicate a ride when there are SO many others out there available to book?
Transit time to other parks for us. (And the 3 normal FPs play by the normal FP rules so at least 3 have to be in the same park.)

We leave the end of this week and have 3 days of club level FP+, can't Wait!

Can anyone tell me for sure where to check in / where the viewing areas are for -HEA, Fantasmic and Illuminations?
I know I saw at least Illuminations and HEA in this thread but pages of searching produced nothing so far.

TIA

For Fantasmic look for the blue light saber near the top middle. Ask for the VIP area from the CM standing at the roped off entrance by the blue light saber.

HEA, front fake grass quadrant roped off with a CM standing beside it. By Casey's and Crystal Palace. Give them your reservation name and they will look on a small piece of paper that lists those allowed in. It will be the only area pretty much empty before the fireworks so easy to locate.

We didn't do illuminations, just ROL outside of the ones above so no help there.

Maybe this has been answered before, but I just wanted to verify. I know come 9/16 the HEA CL FP+ Reserved viewing area will be done, but I wasn’t sure I’d that also applies to illuminations and fantasmic?

And if the reserved viewing area is done for illuminations, would I just have to book it using a tier 1 FP?

Last edited:
For Fantasmic look for the blue light saber near the top middle. Ask for the VIP area from the CM standing at the roped off entrance by the blue light saber.

HEA, front fake grass quadrant roped off with a CM standing beside it. By Casey's and Crystal Palace. Give them your reservation name and they will look on a small piece of paper that lists those allowed in. It will be the only area pretty much empty before the fireworks so easy to locate.

We didn't do illuminations, just ROL outside of the ones above so no help there.

Awesome - thanks :)

If anyone has done Illuminations lately I would love to know where to check in for this!
(I don't want to call DSS yet because I have one double FP/CLFP)

You will definitely have to call DSS to cancel. It's really just your gamble on if the cm will care, they may change it to some other ride, they might say your FP will be cancelled if you don't change it (this is common and while it's turned out to be false they say it a lot, just acknowledge and try to move on) or they may not care at all. The only thing that is certain is if you need to cancel you will need to talk to them and they will see your MDE account.
I have to decide when to cancel if needed. I think I will know by 30 days before but I know I have until 2 days before the day to cancel.

I called DSS to book ours this morning. Just reporting on how easy the CM made the process! I didn't have to hold for a CM at all. The CM that answered wrote all of my choices/times down, then said she would call me back when it was in the system. She called me back within 15 minutes, gave me the exact fp times and had me pay. The whole process on the phone took 5 minutes! She did say their system was being glitchy and DD was crying in the background, I don't know if that's why she offered to call me back. This was so nice, and a great experience. Hoping everyone's experience with scheduling goes just as well!

I can confirm that when I swapped one club room at one resort for another club room at another one online, the Club Fastpasses didn’t get impacted.

I didn’t call since I have some duplicates

I have 2 rooms booked, one club and one theme park. The first time I called DSS for a question I told them I had both room types and I explained that I had one of each in case the CL FP+ program ended before our trip. I would want the theme park view instead. He totally understood but informed me that the day I cancel the TPV (if after I booked the CL FP) to make sure I don’t cancel the wrong room. He explained once you cancel the CL room the CL FP+ will be cancelled and you will be refunded the cost.

So if you’re looking at changing your room to a different hotel during that time, I would finalize it all before canceling or changing the CL room you have booked. And maybe have DSS help modify after you booked your CL FP+ so you don’t lose any.

I'm curious as to why folk are not taking advantage of the ability to book multiple parks with these CL FP+.

Everyone is unique, I got that, but why duplicate a ride when there are SO many others out there available to book?
I agree with you. I will do some full days in parks and some days I will be hopping so I will probably use both options. I can easily use 6-7 FP's in one park without duplicating any. I hear some people talk about how HS and AK are half day parks and I don't understand because I can find things to be there all day. I want to ride as many rides as I can and see as many shows as I can. That is why I want the CLFP's. I think that is the big difference between people like you and me and people who double up on rides. Some people go often so there are rides and attractions they don't want to do, others just love some attractions so much they want to do them multiple times no matter what and those are the ones who double up. Others either want to ride/see everything they can because they don't go often or they love the whole experience and those are the ones who won't double up. I am in the latter group and will be using the option to book in multiple parks.

I just got of the phone with DSS with a question regarding our upcoming stay. She was bringing up the logistics of the program and I knew the reserved viewing leaves on Sept 16th. When I asked about the 4th FP+ being offered instead I was told that is only allowed for ones being booked in a certain time frame??? All CL FP+ that will be booked here on out will be only given the 3 FP and nothing else. Has anyone else been told that?

That's an example of how this program can be so variable (and perhaps tailered) to one's touring habits. For us, we sometimes hop... but when we hop it's not usually planned. A 'normal' day for us would be park in the AM, back to the resort for pool/rest time, then maybe (key word) back out to another (random) park in the evening - but that's very dependent on moods, weather, etc. While it would be convenient to have some FPs when we head out that night, we don't need them so bad that I'd want to use this program for it - because I know us... there's a 50/50 chance we'd either blow off the plans anyway. :-)

But for someone who doesn't go as much and is really trying to maximize rides, I could see how hopping and using FPs in multiple parks could be more attractive.

Where can I find info on the WDW site for the club level FP+?

To my knowledge, there is very little, if any, info published by Disney (not entirely unusual for a trial program available to a very small number of guests) other than what they originally released to media/bloggers. One of the more all-inclusive summaries can be found here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320893

Plus the abundant experiences of many DISers on this thread.

Happy to answer any questions.

I just got of the phone with DSS with a question regarding our upcoming stay. She was bringing up the logistics of the program and I knew the reserved viewing leaves on Sept 16th. When I asked about the 4th FP+ being offered instead I was told that is only allowed for ones being booked in a certain time frame??? All CL FP+ that will be booked here on out will be only given the 3 FP and nothing else. Has anyone else been told that?
That is VERY disappointing. I am very upset by this and I will let them know when I can call for my CLFP+ on Sept 9th. It is not right that you eliminate the viewing areas then give some people an extra perk when they complain and then suddenly stop it. I understand it is a trial program and they can do what they want but I am allowed to be angry if they have now stopped doing that and I am also allowed to express that anger here and to Disney.

That is VERY disappointing. I am very upset by this and I will let them know when I can call for my CLFP+ on Sept 9th. It is not right that you eliminate the viewing areas then give some people an extra perk when they complain and then suddenly stop it. I understand it is a trial program and they can do what they want but I am allowed to be angry if they have now stopped doing that and I am also allowed to express that anger here and to Disney.

I agree. I honestly don’t know what to think of the whole thing. I told my hubby what they said and he was shocked because he was old something different. He told me week when he called DSS to add an event they said we would get the 4th and supposedly marked it in our reservation??? But then today they told me it is no longer an option.

Which makes me wonder which one is right... or did the policy change in a week?

Last edited:
Hi all. I have a quick question. I understand that if you schedule your regular FP+s for earlier in the day, and your CL FP+s for later in the day, then, once you scan in for your third regular FP+, you can go into MDE and add on a fourth regular FP+. Just like always, notwithstanding the fact that you have three CL FP+s still to use.

My question is whether or not you can schedule a fourth or subsequent FP+ window that overlaps with one of your CL FP+ windows. I know that you can't have an overlap between regular and CL FP+s when you first book them, but is that also true for fourth regular FP+s?

In other words, let's say that I schedule my three regular FP+s for 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12. And then I schedule my three CL FP+s for 12-1, 1-2, and 2-3. Once I scan in for my last regular FP+ at 11, will MDE allow me to schedule a fourth FP+ with a return window during the next four hours, or will it only allow a fourth FP+ with a return window beginning after 3:00?

Thanks for your help.

I agree. I honestly don’t know what to think of the whole thing. I told my hubby what they said and he was shocked because he was old something different. He told me week when he called DSS to add an event they said we would get the 4th and supposedly marked it in our reservation??? But then today they told me it is no longer an option.

Which makes me wonder which one is right... or did the policy change in a week?
That is why I plan on complaining when I call if I don't get the 4th FP. I'm hoping I get a good CM that will work with me or I may call back and try again with a different CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter