Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Wow! That's great! This is more or less how I envisioned it, but you had great luck with FP. We might not because there are 5 of us, but I thought the offspring would probably take off on their own and fend for themselves as far as that is concerned. How long was your break? I think ours might run longer- a few hours probably.

(And I do want to see Hall of Presidents since it was revamped & to see if Prez Trump looks like Ms. Clinton, as 'twas the rumor. I'm kind of a history buff!)

We didn't have a super long break, about an hour and a half or so. We were staying at the CR so it was quick and easy to stop for a break from MK.

CL Trip Report – Jersey Week – 11/6 – 11/11

· Stayed at Dolphin: King Alcove Suite/Connecting to Double Bed Room
· Purchased 3 out of 5 days of trip
· We got the extra 4th to make up for the nighttime viewing removal
· Doubled up each day, no problem
· Scheduled CL first
· Spoiler – LOVED the program

Epcot CL Day – we started the day late for Epcot and knew we wanted to pack in as much as we can. We thought CL worked extremely well here.

We used the CL FPs first for: Frozen, Test Track, Soarin and Character Spot
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up. Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Test Track

MK CL Day – started the day with morning EMH and did Space and some smaller rides. CL worked well here and filled up in between times with BOG lunch, Move it Shake it Parade and FoF parade.

CL FPs first for: PP, 7D, Big Thunder, Splash
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up. Pirates, HM, 7D

AK Day – actually didn’t do CL here – RD Navi but was down, FP for FoP, Safari, Everest – 4th FP for Dinosaur and then left, relaxed at hotel, then HS for Fantasmic

HS CL Day – worked very well for us

CL FPs for TSMM, Saucers, Slinky, Fantasmic
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up – RnR/Frozen, ToT/Beauty, Slinky

***We had seen Fantasmic the night before, so I called DSS after my Slinky was used to avoid questions about doubling up. Had to wait on hold for 15 minutes, but son was doing Jedi Training so it was fine. Easily able to move FP to MK and used a rolling FP also at MK and we had such a great evening there with dinner in between.

Our departure day was Epcot so we re-hit favorites and went on rides we missed – Figment, Land, Mission Space

Such a successful trip!

So, if you are only staying for a short 2 night CL stay, are you still able to take advantage of this additional FP+ offer for 3 days? or is there a length of stay minimum?

So, if you are only staying for a short 2 night CL stay, are you still able to take advantage of this additional FP+ offer for 3 days? or is there a length of stay minimum?
You qualify with your 2-night stay.

CL Trip Report – Jersey Week – 11/6 – 11/11

· Stayed at Dolphin: King Alcove Suite/Connecting to Double Bed Room
· Purchased 3 out of 5 days of trip
· We got the extra 4th to make up for the nighttime viewing removal
· Doubled up each day, no problem
· Scheduled CL first
· Spoiler – LOVED the program

Epcot CL Day – we started the day late for Epcot and knew we wanted to pack in as much as we can. We thought CL worked extremely well here.

We used the CL FPs first for: Frozen, Test Track, Soarin and Character Spot
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up. Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Test Track

MK CL Day – started the day with morning EMH and did Space and some smaller rides. CL worked well here and filled up in between times with BOG lunch, Move it Shake it Parade and FoF parade.

CL FPs first for: PP, 7D, Big Thunder, Splash
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up. Pirates, HM, 7D

AK Day – actually didn’t do CL here – RD Navi but was down, FP for FoP, Safari, Everest – 4th FP for Dinosaur and then left, relaxed at hotel, then HS for Fantasmic

HS CL Day – worked very well for us

CL FPs for TSMM, Saucers, Slinky, Fantasmic
Regular FPs – one of which we doubled up – RnR/Frozen, ToT/Beauty, Slinky

***We had seen Fantasmic the night before, so I called DSS after my Slinky was used to avoid questions about doubling up. Had to wait on hold for 15 minutes, but son was doing Jedi Training so it was fine. Easily able to move FP to MK and used a rolling FP also at MK and we had such a great evening there with dinner in between.

Our departure day was Epcot so we re-hit favorites and went on rides we missed – Figment, Land, Mission Space

Such a successful trip!

Did you book this before they got rid of the night time viewing perk? Or is that back again? (she asked hopefully)

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!!

Did you book this before they got rid of the night time viewing perk? Or is that back again? (she asked hopefully)

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!!
I started conversations with my CM while nighttime viewings was still an option. By the time I actually booked, it wasn’t an option so the 4th FP was offered. Worked in our favor Bc the kids don’t love fireworks.

I see above a 2 night stay is eligible for the extra fast passes, is this also true of a 1 night stay? I know it has a 3 night min but there is only 1 night available through the dvc on the trip I have planned.

I see above a 2 night stay is eligible for the extra fast passes, is this also true of a 1 night stay? I know it has a 3 night min but there is only 1 night available through the dvc on the trip I have planned.
It’s s 3-day minimum for the purchase of the CL FPs and a 2-night Stay is the minimum resort reservation.

It’s s 3-day minimum for the purchase of the CL FPs and a 2-night Stay is the minimum resort reservation.
Thank you for the quick response! I had a feeling that was the case and wanted to double check before I cancels the current reservation I had, the only draw for us was really the fastpasses.

So....let's say I book 4 days worth of CL FPs, but then decide to cancel one day and add the HSDAH for that night....can I just cancel one day's of CL worth, and if so, what happens to the regular FP+s that I booked (if I'm between the 90 day and 60 day window). Thanks!

So....let's say I book 4 days worth of CL FPs, but then decide to cancel one day and add the HSDAH for that night....can I just cancel one day's of CL worth, and if so, what happens to the regular FP+s that I booked (if I'm between the 90 day and 60 day window). Thanks!
I can speak to my experience.

I booked a 4th day of CL FPs for AK. I knew I was going to most likely cancel it, but I wanted to have it up front just in case. I asked my CM when I could cancel, and he said 2 days before. I said - "what happens to my regular FPs if I cancel so late?" he told me that they "most likely" would stay since it was so close to the trip. As a couple days went by and as I decided to double up rides using my regular FPs, I began to get nervous to call DSS and them see my doubled up rides and take them away. So I decided to call maybe at day 85 and cancel the CL AK days, and the regular FPs were cancelled too. They didn't say anything about my doubled up rides.

Looking for advice.

We will be doing the CL FP program in January. I booked my fastpasses by phone (both CL and regular), and then went into MDE and switched some of the regular fastpasses to double up on the most desired rides. We have three-day parkhopper tickets, and we have CL FPs for all three days. The evening before our first park day, when we first arrive in Orlando, we have tickets for Disney After Hours in MK. As I understand it, Disney After Hours starts at 8:00, but guests are allowed into the park at 7:00, and often as early as 6:00. And it is possible to book fastpasses to use between 6:00 and 8:00. I have read on these boards, though, that if you book advance fastpasses for all of the days of your park ticket, plus more for the day of a hard ticket item like DAH or one of the holiday parties, you can sometimes get an email from Disney claiming "insufficient ticket media"---that is, asserting that you have booked fastpasses for more days than your park tickets allow, and warning you that your last day's fastpasses will be automatically cancelled. Apparently, that can usually be cleared up by phone (though it can be stressful!). But I am worried that, if that were to happen, and I were to have to call Disney to deal with it, they would notice my doubled-up fastpasses for FOP, SDD, etc., and would force me to change them. Is that a valid fear? Tomorrow is my 60-day fastpass day. I'm not sure what to do . . . .

Looking for advice.

We will be doing the CL FP program in January. I booked my fastpasses by phone (both CL and regular), and then went into MDE and switched some of the regular fastpasses to double up on the most desired rides. We have three-day parkhopper tickets, and we have CL FPs for all three days. The evening before our first park day, when we first arrive in Orlando, we have tickets for Disney After Hours in MK. As I understand it, Disney After Hours starts at 8:00, but guests are allowed into the park at 7:00, and often as early as 6:00. And it is possible to book fastpasses to use between 6:00 and 8:00. I have read on these boards, though, that if you book advance fastpasses for all of the days of your park ticket, plus more for the day of a hard ticket item like DAH or one of the holiday parties, you can sometimes get an email from Disney claiming "insufficient ticket media"---that is, asserting that you have booked fastpasses for more days than your park tickets allow, and warning you that your last day's fastpasses will be automatically cancelled. Apparently, that can usually be cleared up by phone (though it can be stressful!). But I am worried that, if that were to happen, and I were to have to call Disney to deal with it, they would notice my doubled-up fastpasses for FOP, SDD, etc., and would force me to change them. Is that a valid fear? Tomorrow is my 60-day fastpass day. I'm not sure what to do . . . .
Did you already purchase and link dah? If not, I would create a different mde account and not link anything but dah. Keep it entirely separate. If you already linked, I don't know what I would do. sorry

Did you already purchase and link dah? If not, I would create a different mde account and not link anything but dah. Keep it entirely separate. If you already linked, I don't know what I would do. sorry

I wish I had thought of that ahead of time! But, sadly, I didn't. The tickets were all purchased at the same time and are all linked to the same account.

background:
So, we (DH and me) have at least one week in Feb booked. (working on a second, but it's not looking good right now). During our 6 days I have AK VIP tour, and 2 DAH 's booked. Multiple dining at signature restaurants and 3 character meals are also in hand.

We are staying CL for our last 2 nights so qualify for extra FP+, which I would really like to try. However, I am not sure that we will actually be able to fit any more into this schedule. We usually like a slow relaxed pace.

question:
Would you book the 3 days of extra FP+ or let it go and just keep what we currently have?

Looking for advice.

Different strokes for different folks, but I personally don't think booking (and subsequently worrying about) FPs with a DAH ticket is 'worth it' as you're about to have 3 hours of very, very low crowd park time anyway. If this were us, we'd just enjoy some MK time... maybe do things like CoP, HoP, Tiki Birds, etc - things not open during DAH.

I'm assuming that one of your extra FP days is probably MK (?). That, in combination with your DAH event, is going to give you alot of quality access to MK attractions.

Different strokes for different folks, but I personally don't think booking (and subsequently worrying about) FPs with a DAH ticket is 'worth it' as you're about to have 3 hours of very, very low crowd park time anyway. If this were us, we'd just enjoy some MK time... maybe do things like CoP, HoP, Tiki Birds, etc - things not open during DAH.

I'm assuming that one of your extra FP days is probably MK (?). That, in combination with your DAH event, is going to give you alot of quality access to MK attractions.

Yes, that is true. I am just so eager to try everything. LOL!

Probably the fact that I'm asking the question is a result of knowing that this is simply overkill.

But tomorrow is the 90 day mark for the end of our stay, so it is the day to book extra FP+ if I'm going to do so. Hence the query.

That said, we won't stay for three hours at DAH, probably just for an hour or two at the most. I want to see it, but we like to go to bed early these days. (DH and I are not as young as we used to be and are slowing down in the evenings.) I am curious to see if DAH is anything like the original MVMCP's, when the park felt pretty much deserted and many areas were nearly devoid of people. I remember one Christmas party with my brother and his son. We were in Frontierland and there were fireworks going off all around, not only behind the castle. We couldn't see anyone else no matter which direction we looked in - just us.
I have so many magical memories through the years. We have been blessed. Sometimes I like to try to recapture those moments and reminisce.

But, yes, I think that I will pass on extra FP+'s this time around. Another time, perhaps.

Thanks. That's good advice. Frustrating. But better safe than sorry. I will forego booking fastpasses for my DAH day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter