• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

OK - asking this group this particular question b/c you will understand the "limitations" of all these FPs.

I am not familiar with signing up for Jedi Academy (where do we sign up?) and need to have a concrete plan to tell hubby b/c he will take our son to register. Basic question is - WHAT TIME SLOT SHOULD WE PICK?

FP Schedule for the day:

9 - 10 - TSMM
10 - 11 - Saucers
11 - 12 - SDD
12:30 - 1:00 - Frozen Show - me and daughter
12:30 - 1:30 - RnR - husband and son
1:30 - 2:30 - Tower of Terror - husband and son
2:00 - Beauty and the Beast - me and daughter (husband and son will try to get seats)
2:30 - 3:30 - Star Tours

What time should they shoot for for Jedi? And how long does the whole process take? We wall want to be available to watch.

Thanks!

I can’t help you with Jedi Training info (you may want to start a new thread on that specific question if you don’t get enough info here).

Have to ask - are you committed to using FPs for the Frozen show and Beauty and the Beast? I can think of some other ways to use those FPs in that park if so inclined.

I can’t help you with Jedi Training info (you may want to start a new thread on that specific question if you don’t get enough info here).

Have to ask - are you committed to using FPs for the Frozen show and Beauty and the Beast? I can think of some other ways to use those FPs in that park if so inclined.
This is the one park where paying for the CL FPs felt unnecessary but really only for me and DD. She’s 5 and not ready for ToT nor tall enough for RnR. So, wasn’t sure what else to use them for with me and her. What are your ideas? Would love to hear!

Thank you. I should have clarified that I would love to incorporate this in between fast passes as we would like to go back for to the resort before coming back for dinner and Fantasmic. But if it will be too confusing, I’ll just pick something around 4:00 so I know we cleared all the fast passes.

Btw, we have a PPO breakfast at H&V to try to get more options for Jedi training but not even sure we need it as we won’t be racing to tsl.
Sorry. I meant I would keep fast passes as is and pick a Jedi Training time with return to line up around 10:15. You do TSMM at 9 then Saucers 9:55. Line up for Jedi. I think you should be finished by 11:15 and go back for SDD. That is a little bit of walking back and forth but the park isn't that big. You could switch things around a little to put something closer right before.

Sorry. I meant I would keep fast passes as is and pick a Jedi Training time with return to line up around 10:15. You do TSMM at 9 then Saucers 9:55. Line up for Jedi. I think you should be finished by 11:15 and go back for SDD. That is a little bit of walking back and forth but the park isn't that big. You could switch things around a little to put something closer right before.
Thank you! That is super helpful!

Just got back from Disney tonight. The CL FP’s made the trip, IMO. We also had a bit of luck with our EMM getting canceled so I got 3 anytime FP’s for TWO days before our 3 days of CL FP’s kicked in. Essentially, we had 6 fp’s per day for our entire trip. After seeing the crowds and the lines for the most popular rides, I dont think I could do it any other way. To spend the $ to stay at Poly & BWI and then wait in 1-2 hour long lines, just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I just wished I knew how awesome FOP was beforehand so I could have booked it everyday.

Thank you! That is super helpful!
Just adding that sign up is next to Indiana Jones. I sent my husband and son to ppo h and v last year and they signed up before going to breakfast. My daughter and I did not want to rush over there so just met them later. I am pretty sure they were told to return to line up 30 minutes before their scheduled show time. You can see when shows are scheduled on the Disney website for a particular day. Looks like they are every 40 minutes. I saw someone post that Jedi training is not as hard to get these days due to toy story land, but if it is important to you, I would keep the breakfast. If you are not going on a holiday you may get some extra rides in with that extra early time and be able to modify your later fp’s allowing you to get a fourth fp earlier. Also, you could use your show FP’s for rides at the park near where you are having dinner. For example, if dinner is in Epcot you could book a frozen or soarin fp right before dinner.

OK - asking this group this particular question b/c you will understand the "limitations" of all these FPs.

I am not familiar with signing up for Jedi Academy (where do we sign up?) and need to have a concrete plan to tell hubby b/c he will take our son to register. Basic question is - WHAT TIME SLOT SHOULD WE PICK?

FP Schedule for the day:

9 - 10 - TSMM
10 - 11 - Saucers
11 - 12 - SDD
12:30 - 1:00 - Frozen Show - me and daughter
12:30 - 1:30 - RnR - husband and son
1:30 - 2:30 - Tower of Terror - husband and son
2:00 - Beauty and the Beast - me and daughter (husband and son will try to get seats)
2:30 - 3:30 - Star Tours

What time should they shoot for for Jedi? And how long does the whole process take? We wall want to be available to watch.

Thanks!

For me - the biggest challenge with JA is always the variability of the weather...we have had some really bad luck with it raining only on our DHS day!

I would consider that your Frozen and Beauty and Star Tours FP can all be changed.

Do you have a strategy for lunching in DHS?

Also - what time does the show BATB actually start? End?

I think a return window between 10:15-11:00, 11:15-12:15, or sometime after 2:15 would work if you can reschedule BATB. Watch for heat - make sure you have cold drinks and snacks for the return line even if you just ate! I would make my choice based on the weather.

I’m a newcomer to this AWESOME thread and have slowly been sifting through it! :goodvibes Our Feb. 2019 trip isn’t CL, but we’re already planning an early Feb. 2020 CL stay!
Assuming this ‘trial’ is still in place for CL guests only in Feb. 2020, is it “worth it” to purchase the extra FPs in a traditionally lower crowd level time?
I see conflicting opinions about it on this thread, so I would love some further input, please!
TIA!!! :thanks:

I’m a newcomer to this AWESOME thread and have slowly been sifting through it! :goodvibes Our Feb. 2019 trip isn’t CL, but we’re already planning an early Feb. 2020 CL stay!
Assuming this ‘trial’ is still in place for CL guests only in Feb. 2020, is it “worth it” to purchase the extra FPs in a traditionally lower crowd level time?
I see conflicting opinions about it on this thread, so I would love some further input, please!
TIA!!! :thanks:

I am also planning to use this program January 2020. My main reason for using it in a lower crowd time is the Galaxy’s Edge being open only a couple of months. I’m planning a shorter trip at this time and would like to see the new land. For this reason I think it will be worth it.

I am also planning to use this program January 2020. My main reason for using it in a lower crowd time is the Galaxy’s Edge being open only a couple of months. I’m planning a shorter trip at this time and would like to see the new land. For this reason I think it will be worth it.

@Dracarys , that’s just the type of answer I needed! Thanks so much for weighing in, and good luck planning! Our 2020 trips are really only about 450 days away! :rotfl:

@Dracarys , that’s just the type of answer I needed! Thanks so much for weighing in, and good luck planning! Our 2020 trips are really only about 450 days away! :rotfl:
Haha! The planning bug has been strong for me lately. I will mention my planning ideas to my husband on occasion and he just rolls his eyes. It’s so far in the future!

I’d price it out if you’re only thinking of it for improved access to Galaxy’s Edge. I am 100% sure they will have a DHS version of the AK Ultimate Nights tour once GE opens. We did that tour on a previous trip primarily for the Pandora access, and it worked out to be cheaper when you factor in the cost of CL plus the cost of CL FPs. We hadn’t booked CL that trip, and it just wasn’t worth it to upgrade since we’d gotten a great deal on the regular room which wasn’t available on the CL one. (And with the tours, you can stay value/moderate and still have access, so it depends on where you’d normally stay too.)

I think it also will depend on if they put in any limits to the CL FPs related to GE. I just can’t see them allowing every CL guest to book the two GE rides each day then to hop to another park for the rest of the FPs, for example. Or maybe they won’t care, as long as we keep paying the (I’m sure) more and more money for the FPs.

I’d price it out if you’re only thinking of it for improved access to Galaxy’s Edge. I am 100% sure they will have a DHS version of the AK Ultimate Nights tour once GE opens. We did that tour on a previous trip primarily for the Pandora access, and it worked out to be cheaper when you factor in the cost of CL plus the cost of CL FPs. We hadn’t booked CL that trip, and it just wasn’t worth it to upgrade since we’d gotten a great deal on the regular room which wasn’t available on the CL one. (And with the tours, you can stay value/moderate and still have access, so it depends on where you’d normally stay too.)

I think it also will depend on if they put in any limits to the CL FPs related to GE. I just can’t see them allowing every CL guest to book the two GE rides each day then to hop to another park for the rest of the FPs, for example. Or maybe they won’t care, as long as we keep paying the (I’m sure) more and more money for the FPs.

@bookbabe626 , thanks for this insightful input! :) Your thought on price comparisons is a great point! We are daytime park people (rope drop to early afternoon), so an evening event probably isn't for us, but I'm sure your prediction is right-on and would be a great alternative worth exploring for some.
For us, CL is a must for our stay (our upcoming non-CL stay is due to preferences of other members in our party), so the question is whether or not we want to pay an extra $600 for our party of four for three days of extra FPs. We are definitely interested due to the benefits at HS in particular, as you mentioned. I can imagine, as you predict, that they may place further parameters on the extra CL FPs when GE opens, which may affect our interest, too! Also, I have my doubts as to whether or not this trial will still be in place then, the price at that time, and whether or not it will still be available to just CL guests (if it's available to anyone, my interest is MUCH less), so who knows what will happen? :confused3 But planning is just too much fun, even this far out! :flower1:

Last edited:
I’d price it out if you’re only Thinking of it for improved access to Galaxy’s Edge. I am 100% sure they will have a DHS version of the AK Ultimate Nights tour once GE opens. We did that tour on a previous trip primarily for the Pandora access, and it worked out to be cheaper when you factor in the cost of CL plus the cost of CL FPs. We hadn’t booked CL that trip, and it just wasn’t worth it to upgrade since we’d gotten a great deal on the regular room which wasn’t available on the CL one. (And with the tours, you can stay value/moderate and still have access, so it depends on where you’d normally stay too.) I think it also will depend on if they put in any limits to the CL FPs related to GE.
Good to know about the possibility of a tour! We have DVC and would like to try out a Copper Creek cabin. I believe I read that the cabins are eligible for the CL fastpasses. I’ve been wondering if they will continue this program through SWGE opening and if it will work for that land too.

Do you call to buy the extra fast passes and then book or do have the option online. Is it refundable if you cancel?

Thank you. I finally found the information. I just booked a Club level room Feb 4-8. I guess I'll be calling soon. I know it's supposed to be a slow time, but is WDW ever slow anymore? I was just there in Sept another supposedly slow time and SB lines were 50+ minutes on many rides. We used to stay club level every visit when they offered 40% off. Its been about 6 years since I booked a club level room. The rates at AKL weren't too outrageous and with a short stay I think the extra fast passes will make a short trip a lot easier.

Well I moved my trip up a week and was able to get 4 nights CL at the BWI and 3 nights at WL CL. I was going to do a 3 night cruise and AKl CL, but I decided against that. I've been on 20 dcl cruises, but it's been a while since I've stayed club level. My vacation got a little more costly, but I'm excited. I've never been to WDW in the Winter. I can't wait to experience WDW in cooler temps.

I know from a monetary standpoint it's not worth the money, but I always loved club level. I may never do it again, but I'm going to enjoy this. My 14 year old is excited for the "free snacks" :confused3

I am planning on booking my club level fast passes this weekend. Could anyone provide some insight as to which ones to book first. Should I do the club ones and then the regular fast passes? Or vise versa? I would appreciate any feedback to help me finalize this. Thanks!!

If you are not rders, make the club first. Arrive late in the first time window and ride the first 2 close together. Do the 3rd club fp. If it is lunch time eat and arrive at the next fp late in the window. Now you Continue with your regular fast passes which you can modify yourself, then get more FPS.
If you do the clubs later you lose your flexibility because the clubs will be blocking out times later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter