Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Booked ours at 90 days and got everything we wanted for the exact times we wanted and that alone was worth it to me. I didn't have to sit at the computer waiting for the clock to turn and get frustrated! LOL!

I booked ours at the 90 day mark and I was sooooo happy we did this! We fly in the day after Thanksgiving and I was worried about FP availability for our first few days in Disney, especially with the holiday crowd. We got everything for the exact time we wanted and I wasn't worried about being on the computer early in the morning hoping for the right times/FP availability for certain rides. I was even more relieved I had done the CL FP for so many days when my 60 day mark opened up and the computer system was having issues. It took me an hour to book the 3 FP for our departure date!

I booked ours at the 90 day mark and I was sooooo happy we did this! We fly in the day after Thanksgiving and I was worried about FP availability for our first few days in Disney, especially with the holiday crowd. We got everything for the exact time we wanted and I wasn't worried about being on the computer early in the morning hoping for the right times/FP availability for certain rides. I was even more relieved I had done the CL FP for so many days when my 60 day mark opened up and the computer system was having issues. It took me an hour to book the 3 FP for our departure date!
We did the same. It is so good having all the Tier one rides booked for the exact times we want. When our 60 day mark came we only had to book rides that were easy to get since we already had the hard ones booked for the beginning of our trip. We also are going the week after Thanksgiving.

I had them do my 60 day ones at the same time as the 90 day ones so I didn't have to do a thing! It was the easiest experience and because we already had the days and times and rides charted out, it took us less than 30 minutes!

I had them do my 60 day ones at the same time as the 90 day ones so I didn't have to do a thing! It was the easiest experience and because we already had the days and times and rides charted out, it took us less than 30 minutes!
That is great but they will only do your 60 day ones on days you purchased the 90 day ones. I only bought 3 days out of our 9 days. So I had to book the other 6 at 60 days. It seems most people only book 3-4 CLFP days and then have to book the rest of the days themselves. It was still easier because we used the CLFP's to get the hard ones early in our trip so we could get others later.

That is great but they will only do your 60 day ones on days you purchased the 90 day ones. I only bought 3 days out of our 9 days. So I had to book the other 6 at 60 days. It seems most people only book 3-4 CLFP days and then have to book the rest of the days themselves. It was still easier because we used the CLFP's to get the hard ones early in our trip so we could get others later.

Ahhhh, I see! We just bought it for our whole 10 days to make it easier, near the end we were like...ummm just repeat our first few days of passes over again! LOL

Psst for those in MK Nov 11: MK closing extended an hour to 10pm. Idk when it happened, but I think it was recent, noticed it last night. Just called DSS & modified our 7DMT CL FP to 9pm-10pm, no prob!

Does anyone know how long this trial is supposed to last? It feels like it's been a while. I'm hoping it might last a few more months or maybe be offered officially in the future.

I'm sure my other question has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it. If we have two back-to-back CL stays, can we use these any three days for the duration of our trip? For instance, if we have 3 nights at WL followed by 5 at BC, could we use these for the first day at WL and the last two days at BC? Or must they be associated with one specific stay?

Does anyone know how long this trial is supposed to last? It feels like it's been a while. I'm hoping it might last a few more months or maybe be offered officially in the future.

I'm sure my other question has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it. If we have two back-to-back CL stays, can we use these any three days for the duration of our trip? For instance, if we have 3 nights at WL followed by 5 at BC, could we use these for the first day at WL and the last two days at BC? Or must they be associated with one specific stay?

It was announced in Jan and first bookable for dates 3/13/18 and beyond. No word from anyone as to how long it will last. My assumption all along has been that - like the Express Bus from last year - it will up and disappear at some point as quickly as it came. But who knows. Disney isn’t advertising this program at all so I don’t think they intend it to be permanent in its current form.

As for the split stay, I am pretty sure I saw a report from someone who was able to spread three days over both stays. I think that was the result but may be mis-remembering. Best to call to be sure of course.

Last edited:

We had 4 nights YC, 4 nights BC, and 4 nights CR, all CL, and did one day of the extra FP program during each resort stay. You can split any way you want, as long as all stays are Club level. You would have to wait to book until the 90 days before your last check out day, but since I did't book until around 70-ish days out that didn't matter for us.

I just got our FPs yesterday. The process was easy, but a bit time consuming. You can't use your CL FPs for attractions during EMH was the only real snag we had.

I cannot see them stopping the program. For practically no extra work for them, they're generating income.

I cannot see them stopping the program. For practically no extra work for them, they're generating income.
The average time it appears to book a client into this program is 30 mins so that’s their main cost. It’s small sure, but if they decide to scale this program that is assuredly something they will need to account for.

The average time it appears to book a client into this program is 30 mins so that’s their main cost. It’s small sure, but if they decide to scale this program that is assuredly something they will need to account for.
Yeah, I agree. it is time consuming initially. But each 30 minute call yields AT LEAST $150 - I'm assuming it's normally more than one person booking for themselves. So it seems worth it to Disney, in my opinion. If only they could automate it so we could do everything ourselves!!

We used the CLFPs a couple of weeks ago. I thought I’d let you know how an issue was well-handled. One of our mid-afternoon CLFPs was turned into an Multi-Experience FP because the ride was down. It was about 4:00 pm. Because of another FP, a dinner ADR and then Rivers Of Light there wasn’t really a chance for us to use that CLFP that day. I called DSS and explained this to them. The CM looked at the next few park days we had and gave us a CLFP for one of those days. I really appreciated this considering the cost of the CLFPs. Hopefully other CMs will do this as well. In the future I will make sure my CLFP days are at the start of my trip for this reason.
I felt the CLFPs were a good value for our family because:
1. With our schedules we can only visit about every two years.
2. It is affordable for us (10 years ago? Nope! We still had fun doing it on a tight budget though!).
3. It was a busy week (crowd levels 6ish - we are accustomed to 3ish).
4. We struggle making rope drop. With the CLFPs we could sleep in a bit a few of the days.
5. We are ride-focused on our visits.

I don’t think they are a good value for everyone. It just depends. For those with trips coming up, have fun!

Last edited:
We used the CLFPs a couple of weeks ago. I thought I’d let you know how an issue was well-handled. One of our mid-afternoon CLFPs was turned into an Multi-Experience FP because the ride was down. It was about 4:00 pm. Because of another FP, a dinner ADR and then Rivers Of Light there wasn’t really a chance for us to use that CLFP that day. I called DSS and explained this to them. The CM looked at the next few park days we had and gave us a CLFP for one of those days. I really appreciated this considering the cost of the CLFPs. Hopefully other CMs will do this as well. In the future I will make sure my CLFP days are at the start of my trip for this reason.
I felt the CLFPs were a good value for our family because:
1. With our schedules we can only visit about every two years.
2. It is affordable for us (10 years ago? Nope! We still had fun doing it on a tight budget though!).
3. It was a busy week (crowd levels 6ish - we are accustomed to 3ish).
4. We struggle making rope drop. With the CLFPs we could sleep in a bit a few of the days.
5. We are to be ride-focused on our visits.

I don’t think they are a good value for everyone. It just depends. For those with trips coming up, have fun!
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you found the program helpful. We will be there in exactly 2 weeks and have everything lined up. We did schedule CLFPs for the mornings. It's amazing how I haven't tweaked our itinerary once since the 90 day booking. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all unfold!

I can't remember if this has been asked before or what the answer is: If a ride goes down during your CL FP window, do you have to call DSS to get it changed or does it change automatically to an Anytime FP like a normal FP would?

I can't remember if this has been asked before or what the answer is: If a ride goes down during your CL FP window, do you have to call DSS to get it changed or does it change automatically to an Anytime FP like a normal FP would?

To my knowledge it’ll change to an anytime FP just like a normal FP.

OK - asking this group this particular question b/c you will understand the "limitations" of all these FPs.

I am not familiar with signing up for Jedi Academy (where do we sign up?) and need to have a concrete plan to tell hubby b/c he will take our son to register. Basic question is - WHAT TIME SLOT SHOULD WE PICK?

FP Schedule for the day:

9 - 10 - TSMM
10 - 11 - Saucers
11 - 12 - SDD
12:30 - 1:00 - Frozen Show - me and daughter
12:30 - 1:30 - RnR - husband and son
1:30 - 2:30 - Tower of Terror - husband and son
2:00 - Beauty and the Beast - me and daughter (husband and son will try to get seats)
2:30 - 3:30 - Star Tours

What time should they shoot for for Jedi? And how long does the whole process take? We wall want to be available to watch.

Thanks!

OK - asking this group this particular question b/c you will understand the "limitations" of all these FPs.

I am not familiar with signing up for Jedi Academy (where do we sign up?) and need to have a concrete plan to tell hubby b/c he will take our son to register. Basic question is - WHAT TIME SLOT SHOULD WE PICK?

FP Schedule for the day:

9 - 10 - TSMM
10 - 11 - Saucers
11 - 12 - SDD
12:30 - 1:00 - Frozen Show - me and daughter
12:30 - 1:30 - RnR - husband and son
1:30 - 2:30 - Tower of Terror - husband and son
2:00 - Beauty and the Beast - me and daughter (husband and son will try to get seats)
2:30 - 3:30 - Star Tours

What time should they shoot for for Jedi? And how long does the whole process take? We wall want to be available to watch.

Thanks!
Not sure when you are going, but it can get hot in the afternoon and Jedi training is in direct sun. So I would probably pick midmorning and squeeze it in between your toy story rides. I can't remember the exact timing of everything. With the 15 min grace period I think you will be fine, but again I can't remember how early you had to line them up ahead of time. Someone who is more of an expert than I am might say differently. I like seeing your schedule because I will be doing this with a similar aged son and daughter and will likely split up the same way.

Not sure when you are going, but it can get hot in the afternoon and Jedi training is in direct sun. So I would probably pick midmorning and squeeze it in between your toy story rides. I can't remember the exact timing of everything. With the 15 min grace period I think you will be fine, but again I can't remember how early you had to line them up ahead of time. Someone who is more of an expert than I am might say differently. I like seeing your schedule because I will be doing this with a similar aged son and daughter and will likely split up the same way.
Thank you. I should have clarified that I would love to incorporate this in between fast passes as we would like to go back for to the resort before coming back for dinner and Fantasmic. But if it will be too confusing, I’ll just pick something around 4:00 so I know we cleared all the fast passes.

Btw, we have a PPO breakfast at H&V to try to get more options for Jedi training but not even sure we need it as we won’t be racing to tsl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter