"Treat Yourself" December 2021 Exercise Challenge

18 minutes at lunch. I had to start my day an hour and a half early despite having nothing to do in that time. Turns out that's all I need to make me Grumpy. >:(

.... and then my spouse noticed and played the Happily Ever After fireworks song. pixiedust::) Y'all I do not deserve that man. So lucky to have him.

244/310 - 78%

34 minutes this morning. If this morning had been my Disney race I'd have been walking with the balloon ladies! (They're at the very end of the race, if you see them you're about to be put on the actual struggle bus and bussed to the end so the parks can open). But I got it done! I'm really grateful to all the gods above for the good sleep that allowed me to get up at 6:30 this morning with enough energy to exercise.

278/310 - 89% (I might actually get to my stretch goal this month - wahoo!)

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle (me) and our TEAM for turning Pastry Purple and a big high five to Raya for being the first to reach Pink Punch!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: (Raya, I did change your color on the list but it still looks a bit orange surrounded by orange! sorry about that!)

To celebrate our Pink Punch color change, here's a festive cocktail to try:

Disney Christmas Cocktail recipes - Disney in your Day

Red-Nosed Zebra (from Trader Sam’s)
Makes 1 cocktail

1.5 ounces Bacardi 8 rum
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1 ounce agave nectar
1 ounce strawberry purée
Crushed ice, 3 cranberries, 2 mint sprigs, for garnish

1. Add all ingredients in a Boston Shaker (except garnish), fill half full with ice, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
  2. Strain into a margarita glass filled with ice. Garnish with a mound of crushed ice, cranberries, and mint sprigs to look like 2 green antlers, cranberries for eyes and nose.
(Recipe from www.disneyinyourday.com)

I had 50 minutes on Tuesday but nothing since. And sadly no cookies either. We’re now a COVID household and I’m holed up upstairs trying to avoid getting sick. I tested negative so maybe early tomorrow morning I can get out for a walk.

570/1200

I had 50 minutes on Tuesday but nothing since. And sadly no cookies either. We’re now a COVID household and I’m holed up upstairs trying to avoid getting sick. I tested negative so maybe early tomorrow morning I can get out for a walk.

570/1200
Yikes! I hope you don't end up with it, and I hope your people heal quickly and easily.

Congrats to sophy1996 and Elizabeth Smith for moving up to Pastry Purple!!!! You're at least halfway there! :figment::figment::figment:

For those of you not imbibing, I found a few Disney beverage ideas for you:

Frozen Hot Chocolate
Frozen Hot Chocolate

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

Previously seen at Disney's Hollywood Studios but you can make your own with this recipe.

And although Hanukkah has already happened this year, this Disney fan posted an article to the DIS sharing her favorite Disney recipes that help make her holidays special - including ideas for festive, non-alcoholic beverages.

32 minutes running. Not the suckiest run ever, that would be miles 9 to 13.1 of my first Disney 1/2 marathon where I ended up with severe chafing, but still pretty sucky. Sigh. I'm glad it's done.

310/310 - officially 100% but now I want to keep it up to hit my stretch goal 465.

A BIG congrats to Raya for being the first to reach goal and Gumdrop Green!!!!! Woohoo!!!!:hmghost::hmghost::hmghost: Wow! Way to go!

Is anyone having a turkey feast for Christmas? If so, this recipe might prove useful for leftovers:

Turkey Stuffing Sandwich
Turkey Stuffing Sandwich

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

"Disney took the iconic leftover turkey sandwich and dialed it up to an 11 with this masterpiece at the American pavilion in EPCOT. No, that's not bread above and below the turkey. It's stuffing. You'll definitely need a fork for this.

For an easier sandwich at home, you can press leftover cornbread dressing in a waffle maker to make sturdier pieces for optimal sandwich assembly. And as far as stuffing goes, you can't go wrong with Momma's Cornbread Dressing."

I have more minutes for myself, but I am too tired to add them up, so I'll post them later. I'm grateful to Raya for making this update extremely easy on me! : ) Thanks, Raya!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter