"Treat Yourself" December 2021 Exercise Challenge

I am back. Last week was a rough week. I had a small procedure done on Monday so nothing that day. I ended up taking a half day to lay flat because that was better then sitting.
I hope you are feeling better. I hate when my watch doesn't track my workouts correctly. My watch is doing the opposite of yours. It thinks i have done 426 minutes today instead of the 30 minutes i know i did.

12/12 15
12/13 30

So glad I was the first to change color this month - now I'm the slacker - lol! But, I have 75 minutes to add, bringing me to 135/500.
I have some news to share, my husband's prostate cancer has recurred, and after waiting for months for certain markers to be reached, we are finally on the path to begin treatment. He's going to be fine, but it just (insert bad words here) stinks. He will need some kind of treatment - we'll find out exactly what next week. I have feeling I'll be trying some of the recipes for treats - probably not the Buche de Noël or the sushi tree, though 😉.
My family wasn't big on holiday baking, so my holiday food memories are more about main courses. But my daughter in law goes crazy with cookies! I think she does at least a dozen varieties!
Twilight, so glad you were spared those awful tornadoes. It's amazing how different peoples' reactions are to the vaccine - I got Pfizer, and just had soreness each time. My dd got Moderna, and got the rash after the first shot, and nothing since.
Raya - good luck in your race!
Piglet - glad you're better!

So glad I was the first to change color this month - now I'm the slacker - lol! But, I have 75 minutes to add, bringing me to 135/500.
I have some news to share, my husband's prostate cancer has recurred, and after waiting for months for certain markers to be reached, we are finally on the path to begin treatment. He's going to be fine, but it just (insert bad words here) stinks. He will need some kind of treatment - we'll find out exactly what next week. I have feeling I'll be trying some of the recipes for treats - probably not the Buche de Noël or the sushi tree, though 😉.
My family wasn't big on holiday baking, so my holiday food memories are more about main courses. But my daughter in law goes crazy with cookies! I think she does at least a dozen varieties!
Twilight, so glad you were spared those awful tornadoes. It's amazing how different peoples' reactions are to the vaccine - I got Pfizer, and just had soreness each time. My dd got Moderna, and got the rash after the first shot, and nothing since.
Raya - good luck in your race!
Piglet - glad you're better!
You are not at all a slacker! You've already caught up with the majority!

So very sorry to hear about your husband's cancer diagnosis. I hope he has a swift recovery.

I am back. Last week was a rough week. I had a small procedure done on Monday so nothing that day. I ended up taking a half day to lay flat because that was better then sitting. Then I was cramping from it the rest of the week. I am going to try to get what I can in this week. Hopefully 60-90 minutes to help catch up on time.

Ok. So my Fitbit is telling me I only have 77 minutes this month so far. All from 1 day. I know this is not right as I have gone for short walks with DH for lunch at least a few times. I will try to get it to start working and report back.
Hope you are feeling much better!

Way to go, BonnieF and Piglet1979!!! You're Orange Spice now!!!! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

Let's leave WDW and fly to Paris - Disneyland Paris, that is! (don't worry, I'm sure we'll make it back to the World Showcase before the month is over) This cookie has stolen my heart, and I have yet to try it. The flavor combination just sounds so good! I think DD and I will have to make it soon.

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

CREDIT: COURTESY OF DISNEYLAND PARIS

"Over at Disneyland Paris, the chefs take a festive, seasonal twist on the classic Mickey chocolate chip cookie with dried cranberry, pecans, and dark chocolate. The French Disney chefs shared their recipe so everyone can make this sophisticated cookie at home. "

Get the Recipe: Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

QOTD - Are you a dark, milk, or white chocolate fan? (I bet the cranberries and pecans in this recipe would also pair well with white chocolate)

My preference would always be dark chocolate, but I've never been known to turn down chocolate of any sort. :D

Milk Chocolate all the way! I have a theory that dark chocolate cravings align with hormonal shifts for me. When I was struggling with ovarian cysts it was all I wanted. These days, unless it's playing as part of an ensemble dessert, I'll pass on the darker stuff chocolate.

33 minutes this morning - I slept late and barely made it to the struggle bus, but at least I got on my way. :) Trying to decide on hotels for our big race trip in April - Destino Tower at Coronado Springs which means getting up at 3am for the buss to race start or Beach Club - which might give us the chance to walk to race start at 4am but costs the big bucks. Decisions, decisions.

226/310 - 72%

Last edited:
QOTD - Are you a dark, milk, or white chocolate fan? (I bet the cranberries and pecans in this recipe would also pair well with white chocolate)

Dark chocolate is my favorite, but I'm also fine with milk. I don't really like white chocolate by itself, but I don't mind it in baked goods. (I do think it would work well in those cookies.)

I used to make a banana bread (back when DH could have more sweets) that had what I called "3 chip mix" in it - white, butterscotch, and mini chocolate ones.

Dark chocolate all the way! I’m fine with milk, but I don’t like white at all. Those of you who don’t like dark can send it my way!

I have all those ingredients and am totally making those choc/cran/pecan cookies no later than tomorrow.

80 minutes of walking

510/1200

@BonnieF, so sorry! Glad the prognosis is good!

Hope everyone who hasn’t been feeling well is doing better!

@Raya, it’s so hard to pay the money for Beach or Yacht Club, even though they are lovely. Our last couple of WDW trips have been at the Swan at approximately half the price. It helps that my DH had status with Marriott this year.

Dark chocolate all the way! I’m fine with milk, but I don’t like white at all. Those of you who don’t like dark can send it my way!

I have all those ingredients and am totally making those choc/cran/pecan cookies no later than tomorrow.

80 minutes of walking

510/1200

@BonnieF, so sorry! Glad the prognosis is good!

Hope everyone who hasn’t been feeling well is doing better!

@Raya, it’s so hard to pay the money for Beach or Yacht Club, even though they are lovely. Our last couple of WDW trips have been at the Swan at approximately half the price. It helps that my DH had status with Marriott this year.
Let us know how those cookies turn out! Do you need a house guest to help you eat them?! :rotfl2:

Dark chocolate is my favorite, but I'm also fine with milk. I don't really like white chocolate by itself, but I don't mind it in baked goods. (I do think it would work well in those cookies.)

I used to make a banana bread (back when DH could have more sweets) that had what I called "3 chip mix" in it - white, butterscotch, and mini chocolate ones.
That banana bread sounds decadent! Yum!

No color changes so far today, but I'll leave you with another goodie to nibble on.

Belle's Enchanted Christmas Tree
Belle’s Enchanted Christmas Tree

CREDIT: COURTESY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD

"Now that's a showstopper! This gorgeous little cookie stack is constructed with half of a macaron sandwich cookie in various sizes to create a tiny, tiered Christmas tree inspired by Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas. The pastry chefs have provided a recipe for this festive patisserie (available now at Gaston's Tavern in the Magic Kingdom), but you could also scale this for a larger tree with more macaron levels. "

Get the Recipe: Belle's Enchanted Christmas Tree

We might have traded Disneyland Paris for the Magic Kingdom, but we still have a little French inspiration and the cranberry flavor is featured yet again!

I have 80 minutes to add from yesterday and today, a little stationary bike and some Chloe Ting, which kicked my butt extra hard, for some reason. 😂

Congrats to your DH!!!! What an accomplishment!
Yes! I'm so proud of him! We moved in the middle of his program, so he transferred Seminaries and then, of course, there was COVID, so he had to adapt to doing online classes. And then, when he was doing in-person classes, the school was actually almost two hours away, so he was driving eight hours a week for classes. I felt like he'd never get done! He wants to continue his education, but for now, we've decided he deserves a break!

I love all of the above, but Dark chocolate is probably my favorite under most circumstances, though I don't like the super bitter stuff. Dark Chocolate Hershey Nuggets with Almond is the perfect example of a simple dark chocolate treat to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter