Treasure map to mousekeeping tip

Matt71

Self appointed voice of reason
coins.jpg

I picked up some gold dollars and want to use them to tip mousekeeping. I've always though a handfull of gold dollars looked like treasure, so I was thinking of leaving mousekeeping a simple and silly treasure map that told them where their tip was.

I figure I can do a treasure map pretty easy, but what I really need help with is some kind of mat or card to set the "treasure" on that makes it very obvious to mousekeeping that it is their tip. Something like a top view of a treasure chest.

Any ideas?

I don't have any ideas, but just wanted to say that that's a cool thing to do for mousekeeping! :thumbsup2

Great idea! What about making a notecard that says something like "We treasuer your service, follow the map to your bounty" Or something like that...:)

Not sure how crafty you are, but I had an idea. If you make an exploding box, you could decorate it like a treasure chest, and put a little card that says "mousekeeping". They are flat boxes with open side seems. The lid is what makes it a box, so they would pack flat. When you fill with the "treasure coins" you pull up the box sides, and put the lid on. When the lid is lifted off, the sides fall flat, and it's a little pile of coins inside...you could put a big X on the bottom of the box... you would only need 1 layer too, so it would be easy, and making the "treasure chest" could be a fun family craft project for before you leave...

Here's one open
joanies%20sheets%20153.jpg

Here is a link to give you an idea: http://www.tjcdesigns.co.uk/exploding-boxes-instructions-i1649.html

Great idea! What about making a notecard that says something like "We treasuer your service, follow the map to your bounty" Or something like that...:)

I like that! :goodvibes

DW and I will break out the scrap booking arsenal and try to do the exploding box too.

Thanks everyone

I decided against the exploding box. It was simply more work than I wanted to put into this. Ultimately I decided on something simple. A single sheet of paper with a map and a poem. What do you think?

treasure.jpg

treasure2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter