Treasure hunt/Pirates FP?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
Trying to choose my FPs for next month - do they still offer the treasure hunt that gives you a free FP for Pirates when you complete it?

I'm not sure if they do or not, but having done a handful of the treasure hunts with my kids, I'll tell you you'll spend WAY more time completing those than you will in line for the ride :-)

Yes, they still give you an FP for completing 2 of the missions. It took us about half hour each to complete. So yes, you'll spend a longer time at it than you will in standby but it's a more pleasurable way to spend the time.

We did it last week but we had to ask the CM about the FP and then they said 2 missions. We just told the CM after we did the 2 and she handed us the FPs. We did both missions in 30 minutes and my kiddos enjoyed it. . . although ended up buying my son a pirate sword since the missions send you all through the gift shop.

Someone else can maybe explain it better, but there is a little log cabin-type structure right on the border between Adventureland and Frontierland and you go in there, get the map/treasure hunt from the cast member there, and after you run around Adventureland twice on a treasure hunt the CM will give you a card which serves as a FP for Pirates.

We did this when we were there last month. Our kids had a lot of fun with the scavenger hunt. You receive a FP for the entire family after completing two missions and again for each additional mission completed. We didn’t do the hunt for the fast passes as the line was frequently shorter than the time it would take to complete the hunt missions and same day fast passes were pretty easy to come by during our visit.

When we visited two years ago, you only got fastpasses after doing all 5 missions, so this is great to hear.

My kids LOVE this and will probably do all 5 anyway though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter