TravelinGal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkkgdm

<font color=green>DVC Member<br><font color=purple
Is it necessary to post individual Designs of the Day or could you just put them under the same thread? :confused3 It would be alot easier to navigate the board without so many threads...

Just to echo the others, I really do enjoy the design of the day. I sometimes miss the other designers new designs when they come out, which is a bummer.

I love TravelinGal's design of the day myself. It is a really cool idea. However, I am also having more trouble finding what I'm looking for with all the additional threads.

Can I suggest a compromise? Can you just stick with one thread and change the first post with the new design of the day and add a post at the end as well (to bump the thread and keep all of the your designs in the same thread). I like the way that some of the other designers do this so all their stuff is in one place.

In this way, when I know that TravelinGal designed something, I can just look in one thread to find it. There are some that I was hoping to use in the future. It is going to be much more difficult for me to search for it with all separate threads.

Just an idea.

Thanks for the support from those that gave it.

So sorry that an additional FIVE posts a WEEK make it so hard to navigate the boards.
Sigh.gif

(I don't do weekends - although I did post last Friday's image on Saturday)

I'll just stop doing them if that's what you want, but no, i will not put them in a continous thread. When I am looking for an image (or just want to see what other wonderful talent is out there) i HATE having to dig through tons of comments and requests (from other board members) just to find what the newest designs are that any specific designer may have.

And these boards are not to be used for personal messages.

WebmasterKathy said:

No personal messages
tuschel.gif
means that posts here should be for EVERYONE. We don't have "private clubs". If you want to send a message to another person, we have a private message function. Just click the person's screen name and scroll to "Send a Private Message". It's like sending an email- only the person you send the message to will see it.

Steamboat Marti said:
wow - he just asked a question.

And I just gave an answer. Don't see why my opinion is taken any differently than HIS opinion.

I thought it was acceptable to quote the rules around here since the "Queen" did regarding my siggy size. I didn't know there was a byte limit. Now I do. My siggy was changed that same night. So, apparently, I can't clarify rules but J&N's mom can. I see.

I'm starting to understand why people leave the design board. PETTY PETTY PETTY. I just can't believe that 5 posts a week make it hard to read all the others. It seems very much like a personal attack.

You all know how to kill a joyful experience.

Again, thanks to those who DID support me.

Waiting for Baloo to come lock this one up too - shame shame shame.

I think Paul was just saying that there are so many posts that things get lost a lot more now and that we are in risk of losing posts and people think that we are ignoring them

Travelingal is right that in the scheme of thing her 5 new posts a week do not clog up the board - but if EVERY designer did a design of the day - designs really would get lost -

I love that people put their designs in all one post - I subscribe to all of them and when a new one is posted I know I will get a chance to see it - it also gives a central location for people to look for your designs

He was not trying to be negative - he was just asking a question - people ask questions on the board like this all the time - go check and see how many threads start wtih "Julia & Nicks Mom"

Travelingal - you seem to think that everyone is out to get you - but you have never tried to get to know us - if you did you would see that Paul calls people out on things that bother him all the time and he does it so that anyone who might do it in the future know that it bothers him

TravelinGal said:
Thanks for the support from those that gave it.

So sorry that an additional FIVE posts a WEEK make it so hard to navigate the boards.
Sigh.gif

(I don't do weekends - although I did post last Friday's image on Saturday)

I'll just stop doing them if that's what you want, but no, i will not put them in a continous thread. When I am looking for an image (or just want to see what other wonderful talent is out there) i HATE having to dig through tons of comments and requests (from other board members) just to find what the newest designs are that any specific designer may have.

And these boards are not to be used for personal messages.

First off, I am neither goose nor gander. And I could care less about how big or small your signature is.

I simply asked a question, I don't care if you design or stop designing, I was simply asking a question- Didn't mean to get your nickers in an uproar. Most designers just have one design thread with all their designs and post new ones on the DDA "main thread" some even have a link in their signature. As Vicki stated, with all the sub threads it does make it diffucult to navigate through all the information.

- maybe it's pms. but, yes, I DO feel attacked lately.

When people who I have not had any online conversations with call me out about something in a very public way, I do get defensive. Please excuse me for being human.

I LOVED designing these images. It was a fun challenge and a great way to spend my "me" time when DS was napping. I guess I'll just go back to digital scrapbooking - at least on those boards (NON DISboards) nobody felt the need to tell me to limit my posts or how to list them.

julia & nicks mom said:
Travelingal - you seem to think that everyone is out to get you - but you have never tried to get to know us - if you did you would see that Paul calls people out on things that bother him all the time and he does it so that anyone who might do it in the future know that it bothers him

And how does one "get to know you"? by posting in the epic 10000+ message DDA thread? Sorry - not my thing. I'm here about designing, not who's kid lost a tooth or won first prize or whatever.

I'm not posting this in a snotty way. Honest. I really want to know how I am to better get to know you - without becoming involved in another group that requires large amounts of time to keep up on personal replies.

I really hope TravelinGal keeps DISigning. I love her work! Whether it's all in one thread or as individual daily posts, please keep 'em coming TravelinGal. :)

I agree, TravelinGal...please keep designing!!! I look forward to seeing your design each day. I don't know that there is a way to make everyone happy on large boards, since everyone has different opinions.

I would miss having you here!

kahluacream said:
I really hope TravelinGal keeps DISigning. I love her work! Whether it's all in one thread or as individual daily posts, please keep 'em coming TravelinGal. :)

I second that. I truly look forward to seeing her new designs wherever they may be.

UP Disney said:
I second that. I truly look forward to seeing her new designs wherever they may be.
I third this. I love your designs Travelingal! Please don't stop designing! :grouphug:

I agree, I love your designs. I am a supporter of putting all the designs on one thread. I subscribe to each of the designers threads then each time a new design is added I get a message and can check them out. With a thread for each new design I look at some, then wonder whether or not I have seen the design as I don't subscribe to each individual thread. I'm sure that I have missed some thinking that I have already looked at them. Also If I were looking for a design it would be easier to scroll through one thread rather than having to open each thread, which on a dialup connection is no small task. Obviously we all have our own opinion and what ever you decide do not take the comments personally. They would apply to all of us.

Deb

I have to agree with TravelinGal that I to think she seems to be picked on lately, just my observation :confused3 I happen to like her designs of the day and I don't think she is cluttering up the board with them. I personally find it confussing with them all being added to one post, as some do get lost with the other people comments that they leave. You have to go thru page after page of comments to find a design there isnt really that many pages in the design section anyway what 5 or so? So I dont think her few designs of the day during the week is a big deal! JMO :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter