Traveling without kids, spouse is not a Disney fan

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
Last trip to the world was in 2013. Me, my ex husband and our four kids. We've always made big, long trips and really crammed in ALL of the things we could.

So fast forward to now, and I'm re-married to a woman who isn't a big fan of Disney. She went once with her ex and kids and said that there "wasn't a whole lot to do" and it was too hot.

WHAT?!

So I convinced her that we should take a trip (her, me, our six kids). Then I started thinking maybe we could just go the two of us, and she liked that idea.

I've always been super anal about planning and getting the best deal, going at the right time, getting our ADRs right when they open, etc. But now that I have no kids to take and no really strict time frames, I'm at a loss. My go-to was always the movies resort or AofA. Do we stay somewhere more adult like now? And when should we go? And do we want the dining plan? Gosh, I don't have a clue!!! Traveling without kids is so bizarre. I don't even know where to start.

If you could travel any time between december and March, when would you go? Where would you stay? What kind of deals would you be looking for? Any words of wisdom? HELP.

Does your wife love Christmas? Really get into the whole season? If yes, I would go the first week in December. If not, late January/early February.

In either case, the idea is to give her an opportunity to experience the best of WDW without the worst. If you love Christmas, WDW decos and activities are awesome! But even in early December, there are the crowds. And holiday cost. Jan/Feb is less expensive and less crowded.

I would stay at BWI, able to walk easily to Epcot, especially World Showcase, and to HS. Mine and DHs fav place for us-only trips. We love the wide variety of food in WS, love the more adult atmosphere there, and the quiet pool at BWI. He loves the thrill rides at HS, I love to relax with an adult beverage while he rides.

either Dec or March - Dec for the great Christmas stuff which starts in Nov. March for the flower/garden at Epcot.

would definitely stay in a moderate or deluxe resort if you can afford it. otherwise would go with Pop Century.

deluxe if Dec then WL or CR. WL is just lovely decorated for Christmas. CR you can walk to the MK - which is great when the lines to the buses and monorail, ferry are long.

if March then BC you can walk to Epcot (where the flower/garden is) and boat to Studios

First week of December is usually a very low crowd week, it's also a no discount week if that matters. I love this week and it's consistent where sunday after thanksgiving is when it goes from heavy crowd to wonderful time :) It's a great adult time without kids and everything happening, resorts decorated, I find the epcot festivities more adult oriented. I'm doing the flower show next year for the first time in march. Something special happening will just add to the "see what you could have been doing" trip.

Welcome to the slowing down and really taking it in opportunity. Even as a vet going ot the parks your going to see them differently without the kids and a lot more flexibility on what you don't do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter