Traveling with pets

Lookn4magic

Earning My Ears
I don't know if this is the place to ask my question but I'm gonna give it a try. My family is planning for our first trip to Disney in April 2003. We have a dog that will be traveling with us. We will be staying for 16 days. We have made reservations at the All Star Movies. We need reservations for our "Princess". I have looked at Bass Pet Motel and Miss Emily's Bed and Breakfast for pets. If you have used either of these places or any other local kennels please post any information you could provide. Our Precious Pomeranian "Princess" is part of the family also and deserves the best accomodations available.

Thank you!

Just please make sure that the kennel is ABKA approved. I had checked out the kennel at Ft. Wilderness at one time since we always boarded out Rottie here in the area and wanted to see if that might be okay. I really thought the staff there were wonderful but the "cage" was too small for him and there weren't any runs at that time (which was some years ago). It was VERY clean. The only drawback is that you need to exercise your pet and visit I believe twice daily which might snag your vacation plan.

Try this site:

http://209.12.33.161/members.asp

That's directly from the American Boarding Kennel Association. Good luck!

Takara.

Thank you for the information you provided. I checked the site you gave me and found out Bass Pet Motel and Miss Emily's are both listed. My wife likes the sound of Bass Pet Motel for our "Princess" but we will have a hard time getting to Florida in time to check her in on our first day. (They close at 12 noon). We are now trying to find some place for the first day and the last day of our trip. We plan to visit with Princess at least every other day for 30 minutes or so. Bass Pet Motel looks like the best place so far if we can find some place for 1 day at the begining and 1 day at the end of our trip. Thanks again.

Our "baby" (whose name is Disney) is a 15 lb. white terrier mix. She is a "special needs" dog as she has seizures. We have a WONDERFUL facility here in Savannah, Savannah Pet Complex, where she goes to daycare one day a week to play with her friends. My husband and I don't often go out of town together, yes, mainly because of Disney's needs. But when we do, about every other year, that is where we board her. She thinks she's going to camp.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is, the facility we use will make special arrangements to meet you at off hours for drop off and pick up times, if needed, even though they are "closed." Since someone is there 24/7, even when closed, it's no problem for them. You might try calling the facility and seeing if you can make special arrangements to meet someone there. Some places charge an extra fee for this. Good luck!

ReneeQ:

Is the place you are referring to in Savannah GA? Were you suggesting that we leave our dog in Georgia since we are coming from NC?

Oops, I didn't make sense, did I? Sorry! No, I meant you should call the facility you were thinking of using, Bass Pet Motel, and see if you could make arrangements with them for drop off and pick up times that extended outside of their regular operating hours. When I said "You might try calling the facility" I should have said "You might try calling Bass Pet Motel." Sorry for the confusion.

That way Princess would be at the same facility for all 16 nights, rather than 3 different facilities, which might be less stressful for her.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter