Traveling with medication that needs to be refrigerated and room not ready?

Better to be over prepared than underprepared.
I would personally feel better having an important medication in a refrigerator in my own room, under my control, than in a giant refrigerator in Bell Services.

You could try calling Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com
I'd rather have a commercial fridge than a mini-fridge that might not be cold enough or changes temp easily. Disney has swapped many minifridges over to "beverage coolers" that might not be cold enough.

The other option is a 1BR suite, which has a full fridge in your room.

I'd rather have a commercial fridge than a mini-fridge
Unfortunately, I've read several reports over the years of Bell Services accidentally not putting something in the refrigerator or the temp wasn't correct. So to SueM's point... having my own control more or less vs relinquishing that control completely. I can check the temp and add ice if needed to the fridge/cooler in my own room. Beats arriving at Bell Services to pick it up and find out it's ruined because they left it out for x hours. I guess it all comes down to your own comfort level of the risks, since neither option is perfect.

OP - with regards to in-room, contact WDW Disability Services. I believe it used to be possible to request a "refrigerator for medical needs" and get an actual mini-refrigerator (not a beverage cooler).

Unfortunately, I've read several reports over the years of Bell Services accidentally not putting something in the refrigerator or the temp wasn't correct.
I actually went in the back at Boardwalk, they made me because I had a giant alcohol delivery and my room wasn't ready. I helped load my stuff in the fridge.

I bet they'd let you back there to check the temp and make sure it's in the fridge. Everything is tagged and labeled, it's really an amazing system. Oh, and cameras everywhere.

You could even throw a bluetooth temp sensor in there.

The area at resorts where bell services keeps luggage, etc. is that temperature controlled or not??

I bet they'd let you back there to check the temp and make sure it's in the fridge.
I would not count on that. It seems you had a more unusual situation. While it's possible they'd allow a guest back to check on meds, it's also highly possible they'd deny such a request.

The area at resorts where bell services keeps luggage, etc. is that temperature controlled or not??
Bell Services is indoors and as such it is air conditioned.

first I would check with my airline. I would get a soft side insulated bag. Ziplock bags with ice, extra ziplock bags . Get through TSA. May lose ice. you will always get ice at a bar soda place Ziplock Even tip a $ or two.
Once at Disney I would get more ice if needed.
I would not hand medication to anyone. I never let my meds out if my control ..It’s would be so much of a problem to replace that meds I would just sit with them. I would give up a few hours babysitting my meds to make sure the rest of my vacation will be great . You can always get ice ,, in the big picture you andibf thousand of $ on your vacation. A few $ for ice is well worth it

First, I'd contact Disney and tell them what you need, ask if they still have small refrigerators available for the rooms. BE VERY SPECIFIC about what you need. If this doesn't work, how about a travel-sized fridge, or even a cube fridge, delivered from Amazon to your Disney resort? The cube fridge below seems to work well for people, although I have no idea how "big" a fridge you'd need, and Amazon has regular cube fridges for about $120. I know, not cheap, and you'd probably have to leave it there, but a possible solution. OR have them deliver a good, reliable, sturdy Coleman cooler and do the ice-baggie shuffle every day?

AstroAI Mini Fridge 2.0 Gen, 6 Liter/8 Cans Makeup Skincare Fridge 110V AC/ 12V DC Portable Thermoelectric Cooler and Warmer Refrigerators for Bedroom, Beverage, Cosmetics (Black)​

First, I'd contact Disney and tell them what you need, ask if they still have small refrigerators available for the rooms. BE VERY SPECIFIC about what you need. If this doesn't work, how about a travel-sized fridge, or even a cube fridge, delivered from Amazon to your Disney resort? The cube fridge below seems to work well for people, although I have no idea how "big" a fridge you'd need, and Amazon has regular cube fridges for about $120. I know, not cheap, and you'd probably have to leave it there, but a possible solution. OR have them deliver a good, reliable, sturdy Coleman cooler and do the ice-baggie shuffle every day?

AstroAI Mini Fridge 2.0 Gen, 6 Liter/8 Cans Makeup Skincare Fridge 110V AC/ 12V DC Portable Thermoelectric Cooler and Warmer Refrigerators for Bedroom, Beverage, Cosmetics (Black)​

Thanks for the idea. However, my husband will no longer be going on this trip. He may be listed for transplant as early as next Friday. His condition has deteriorated quickly and his doctor told him yesterday no Disney trip. The doctor knows we are fans and goes to Disney himself. I've shortened up my days hoping I can still go.

Thanks for the idea. However, my husband will no longer be going on this trip. He may be listed for transplant as early as next Friday. His condition has deteriorated quickly and his doctor told him yesterday no Disney trip. The doctor knows we are fans and goes to Disney himself. I've shortened up my days hoping I can still go.
So sorry to hear.
Hope being listed for transplant leads to a transplant soon

Good luck.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health. Hopefully the transplant will come through quickly for him. Keeping you in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter