Traveling with Gideon's Cake Slices

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
I've never tried Gideon's cake slices, but would love to grab one on my upcoming trip. I'm visiting Disney Springs the morning I fly home though and I cannot eat one of those gigantic things in one day so I want to bring one home. Are they packed well enough to travel with in a carry on? Should I come prepared and bring some Tupperware or something lol? I know the cookies travel well.

I would pack a plastic container tall enough to accommodate the cake slice. It is packaged in a paper box but not sturdy enough for a travel day. Add a fork and napkins just in case you need a taste mid flight.

I just carry mine on the plane in the bag they give you. No issues. Have done this many times. I also have brought home the cookies. Just double check your order when you leave because I was given the wrong cookies the last time which I didn't realize until I was home.

I also just carry home in the box and bag they provide. There’s tissue paper placed on the slice to keep it slightly steady. I am just careful placing on the TSA scanners and under my seat on the plane that I keep it upright-ish.

I also just carry home in the box and bag they provide. There’s tissue paper placed on the slice to keep it slightly steady. I am just careful placing on the TSA scanners and under my seat on the plane that I keep it upright-ish.

So you just carry the bag separately? My worry is that I'm flying Frontier and I know they will want to charge me a carry on fee for one slice of cake if I don't have it inside my personal item lol.

So you just carry the bag separately? My worry is that I'm flying Frontier and I know they will want to charge me a carry on fee for one slice of cake if I don't have it inside my personal item lol.
I fly Southwest exclusively, so I can’t attest to Frontier, but if I’m ever (rarely) challenged, I just say “lunch” and they let me on.

My worry is that I'm flying Frontier and I know they will want to charge me a carry on fee for one slice of cake if I don't have it inside my personal item lol.
Can you delicately put it in your personal item for the brief time it takes to walk past the gatekeeper and onto the plane?

Or bring a large enough reusable tote bag to put your personal item + cake both inside for that time?

Then properly rearrange once you are seated. Once you have boarded, they're not going to look under the seats enough to care.

Can you delicately put it in your personal item for the brief time it takes to walk past the gatekeeper and onto the plane?

Or bring a large enough reusable tote bag to put your personal item + cake both inside for that time?

Then properly rearrange once you are seated. Once you have boarded, they're not going to look under the seats enough to care.

This is probably what I'll do.

I've never tried Gideon's cake slices, but would love to grab one on my upcoming trip. I'm visiting Disney Springs the morning I fly home though and I cannot eat one of those gigantic things in one day so I want to bring one home. Are they packed well enough to travel with in a carry on? Should I come prepared and bring some Tupperware or something lol? I know the cookies travel well.
It sounds like you already received great advice from the boards so I only came here to say OMG GIDEON CAKE SLICES!! They are literally the best cake slices I have ever had. LOL! So very smart choice to carry some to go. I do like that they place a fork in the box with the tissue because your biggest won't be how to carry it through your travels--the issue will be summoning the will power not to eat it before you even get to the airport. 🤣

Don't get me wrong--I like the cookies but they don't come close to the awesomeness that is found in the cake slices. ENJOY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter