Traveling with Epsom salts

So, I ended up leaving the Epsom salts behind, partly because I didn't want to deal with the potential hassle, and partly because my suitcase was already so full and heavy that I needed to take something out anyway. We ordered from Amazon Prime for groceries and they didn't carry Epsom salts, so I had to do without. Not a big deal, but my feet sure could have used them! Next time I may get a small bag and NOT open it, then put it in my checked luggage. I think that's the safest bet if I ever go back and plan to bring it.

Probably the right move. I bought the body scrub from basin in the grand Floridian and packed it in my checked bag, un opened. When we arrived home and unpacked I saw they opened the package to check it. They left a TSA note, but I was skeptical about using it. It was sealed container in the basin plastic shopping bag. I also flew home a different trip and had a cup of sand from the beach we visited. We like to add it to our vacation jar. It was maybe 6-8 oz in a ziplock bag. TSA scrutinized and tested it. I told them it was not that important to me and said they could toss it so I wouldn’t miss my flight. But, they wouldn’t let me go and insisted on the several tests while I had to wait,

Probably the right move. I bought the body scrub from basin in the grand Floridian and packed it in my checked bag, un opened. When we arrived home and unpacked I saw they opened the package to check it. They left a TSA note, but I was skeptical about using it. It was sealed container in the basin plastic shopping bag. I also flew home a different trip and had a cup of sand from the beach we visited. We like to add it to our vacation jar. It was maybe 6-8 oz in a ziplock bag. TSA scrutinized and tested it. I told them it was not that important to me and said they could toss it so I wouldn’t miss my flight. But, they wouldn’t let me go and insisted on the several tests while I had to wait,
Anything inorganic and granular is a red flag to the TSA during X-ray screening. It will be subject to additional screening since it bears a striking resemblance to certain explosive compounds to the x-ray operator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter