Another thing was that they couldn’t sit through the normal dining time. The dining crew did adjust and got them out in 45 minutes.

To anyone who has been on the Wish with babies and toddlers: how would this work during the dinner shows at Marvel and Arendelle? Would 45 minutes be enough to eat and see the entire show? Would an hour be enough time? I am worried my youngest won't make it through dining that lasts 1.5-2 hours.

Doesn’t DCL provide strollers to families?
DCL used to have strollers available to borrow - a limited number, likely not enough for every family. At one time they weren't really in the best shape but if still lending strollers DCL likely has replaced the old ones by now.

To anyone who has been on the Wish with babies and toddlers: how would this work during the dinner shows at Marvel and Arendelle? Would 45 minutes be enough to eat and see the entire show? Would an hour be enough time? I am worried my youngest won't make it through dining that lasts 1.5-2 hours.
The shows pretty much 'take up' the time of a 'normal' dinner seating. I don't remember exactly how long, but I'm pretty sure they were both longer than 45 minutes. It seemed like the normal 'pace' of a dinner. I seem to recall actually at Worlds of Marvel that I'd actually been done with dessert for a few minutes and was waiting around for the last little bit (which to be fair, was worth it).

On our cruise, we were about finished eating dessert before Spider-Man came out. He spent part of his time directing traffic as guests were leaving. For the Arendelle show, it runs throughout dinner, so leaving early will miss part of it.

We've done Worlds of Marvel twice... One time it timed out pretty close to perfectly.... Another time there must have been kitchen issues, because we got our entrees just as the show was ending... It was a nightmare for the staff I'm sure!

We travelled Northern Europe on the Dream for 7 days and were a bit unsure about it with our baby turning 1 during the cruise and it also being our first ever cruise.

It was the best holiday for him, couldn’t have gone better and we didn’t even use the nursery.

The toddler open hours were great. There was plenty of food at breakfast/buffets for him, easy to get hot water for milk. The servers were great with him at dinner and he sat through the evening shows and enjoyed them. Loved the character dance parties on the deck and in the lobby. Loved the Nemo splash pad.

We can’t wait to go on again!

Last edited:
Disney Cruise Line allows you to travel with an infant as young as six months on most cruises, but is it a good decision? Listen to Craig's recent experience taking a cruise with his child shortly after turning one to see what he thought and the many mistakes he made.

Hey! I always take mine on most of the cruises apart from when me and the husband go away.

I've travelled with a 5 month old (back when the age restriction was 3 months, not 6 months) and an 8 month old. Disney cruises are great for family travel with kids the age. Where else do you have a trustworthy nursery to leave your baby for a couple of hours to get a much needed break? The dining room doesn't bat an eyelid if you bring a baby in. My assistant server even cut my food for me while I was breastfeeding the 5 month old and only had one hand available to eat.

Traveling with infants is hard regardless of what type of trip you take. Obviously you have to do your homework ahead of time to make it work. Sounds like this guy didn't.

Every baby is different - no way I would have traveled with DD as a baby - she cried (screamed) 24/7 unless being held and walked. (Not colic, nothing wrong, just her personality). DS on other hand was perfectly content to be in his bed/rocker/stroller and watch the world and smile. You don't know which you will get until you get them.

His explanation for that was that they felt the cruise was a family event and they should do everything together as a family. Nothing bizarre about that.
But someone who works for a company that books Disney cruises should have known that babies are not allowed in Palo Brunch and stated that and how they dealt with that since they “didn’t take advantage of the nursery”.

I certainly hope that DCL didn’t look the other way and allow the kid just because the parent works for a travel company. I know if I was in Palo for brunch (or dinner) and a couple was allowed to bring their kid in I would be complaining about it there AND here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter