Traveling this week- a few questions

Koz

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone- Long time lurker, sometimes a contributor but now coming to you with a couple of pressing questions specific to this week.

We just decided to fly out tomorrow night, arriving on Wednesday. This is a busy week for crowds. Are crowd counts and wait times as high in Paris as what you would see in Orlando or CA? It was recommended that because of the school holiday, we land Wednesday AM and head right to the park, rather than going to the park on a day where people are starting their long weekend, like on a Thursday.

I can't justify paying $200 for the Priority Pass after having already paid $130 per ticket. Is the park manageable just going "old school" with your ticket?

Any recommended strategies for dealing with a heavy crowd day and no priority pass, other than get their before rope drop?

Thank you for any information you may have.

Greg

It is a school holiday in most of Europe, so it will be busy. But you should still be able to do a lot due to longer opening times. It rarily gets as busy as what you see in the US (this time of year 😉)

Are you only going for one day? Straight after an international flight? That is quite the commitment.

What time do you land? Who is in your party, what do you want to achieve on this visit, will you be back?

Don't pay a package for all Premier Access. If you absolutely must, do it for Crush Coaster.

What time would you get to the park if you go on Wednesday after the flight? It might be easier to rope drop on Thursday rather than rushing from your flight, particularly if you don't manage to sleep on the plane.

We've been there when the "parks full" signs were out in October and then again in April, I didn't think the crowds were as bad as we've had in WDW/DLR.

I agree with Karin, no need to get the Premier Access bundle, you can pick them up a la carte if needed. The general strategies that work in the US (rope drop, lines build steadily and peak in the afternoon, eat off-peak, etc) also apply in DLP. I think the wait times in DLP are helped by the cost of the Premier Access putting people off, so the standby lines move more steadily than in the US.

Reactions: Koz
HI Karin. Thanks for responding. Landing at around 630 so enough time to clear customs/immigration and take the TGV right from the airport (about a 9 minute ride). We are planning a 2 park- all day extravaganza. I figure that it's worth seeing at least once. Myself and two @ 17. That means no true kiddie rides, where we will instead stick to classics and thrill. We were planning on Wednesday because I figured that Thursday would be bonkers, but if you think they are really going to be equally busy my preference would certainly be to go the next day with a fresh start. Given the longer operating hours, is it like the US where things die down as you get closer to park closing? What are "long" wait times in Paris? I know that @ DW you can be looking at 3 hours for Space Mountain on spring break- do things ever get to be that crazy?

I had a look at your other thread you posted a few months ago. I do not think in crowds it will make a lot of difference in crowds to go on Wednesday or Thursday. But it might make a difference in how you feel after an international flight, even when you are an energetic 17 year old 😉

Does everyone in your group experience jetlag in the same way? Nothing worse than cranky (because sleep deprived and new schedule) on a Disney trip. I think I would do Thursday to get a good night sleep.

Did you book tickets to the park yet or have an undated ticket? Because there are times where DLP stops selling tickets at the gate if busy.

Also, have you booked your train yet or had a look at the schedule, the train schedule can be irregular. If you have a perfect connection, it will be faster. If you have an hour wait, with a group of friends, a shared ride might be the same price.

I think if you stick to the highlights, you should be able to do a lot. Skip the kiddies rides, incl Peter Pan, while a classic it is too similar to the US. Skip Ratatouille in the Studios as it is almost identical to Epcot. Use single rider lines wherever you can.

Take into account hidden waits like at baggage drop off. If you arrive at the park between 9 and 10 it should be fine, but sometimes weird things happen. It will likely be busy at closing.
3 weeks ago baggage drop off was only at Disneyland park due to construction work in the Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter