Traveling on July 28th with son with multiple food allergies 7 nights caribbean

Jme57

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! Anyone else traveling on this date with a family member that have food allergies? My son is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and cherries. One of the main reasons why we booked through Disney is because they have been great with my son's food restrictions in WDW and Disney Springs. Do you have any tips concerning his food allergies? Unfortunately, we have second dining and that's around his bed time. Would I be able to order his food in advance? Thank you!

PLEASE have the allergies noted on your reservation.

You will pre-order the food, but that does not mean it will be waiting at your table. They *might* be able to serve your food more quickly, but there is a general pace they use. If you think it's going to be a big deal get on the wait list for early dining (and remove any other dining requests to increase your odds). You can also check about moving in the "dining changes" area that will be listed in the Navigator you will get on check-in. You should probably go there anyway to see if you can go ahead and pre-order for the first night then.

If you'd like to move to main dining, I agree with Dug720's post above. Call DCL to get on the wait list for main dining. If you're not moved to main dining by the time your cruise comes around, go to the dining changes/reservations area when you board. It will be listed in the paper Navigator you receive. We had no issues moving the 3 of us to main dining last year (we did so after we boarded).

Good advice, move to main dining. I have food allergies, including eggs and citric acid (lemon, orange, lime, etc.), and DCL assigned a person (probably a dietitian, but I'm not sure of her credentials) to me for the entire cruise. She went over the current menu on day one and the next day's from then on. My meals (MDR) were ready to go when everyone else was being served (no time wasted). She was so good at her job that she would find me during other meals (sea days).

We traveled with friends who had several food allergies. Please not it on your reservation and if you need to call DCL and having it noted. The first lunch have it in the dining room verse Cabanas, because they can pull your record and you can work with the head server and get you special made foods then, also they can have you do your pre order for dinner that night. At dinner each night, you can request Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus for the following days and preorder the food. Chef's will make sure no cross contamination.

Thanks everyone! Yes we asked to be put on the wait list when we booked our cruise. I am hoping that they switch us....If not, I will definitely head over to dining changes. Here's to hoping! Would my son still be able to eat from the Cabanas? do they have burgers and fries?

Thanks everyone! Yes we asked to be put on the wait list when we booked our cruise. I am hoping that they switch us....If not, I will definitely head over to dining changes. Here's to hoping! Would my son still be able to eat from the Cabanas? do they have burgers and fries?

He should be able to eat from there. I don't know if they have burgers in there, but you can ask. They definitely can do gluten-free fries (and chicken fingers) because I had those a few times.Just alert a CM when you arrive at Cabanas that you have allergies. They will get someone who will walk him through the buffet to show him what is safe - he will then let the person know what he wants and a fresh plate will be made for him in the back so it's free of cross-contamination threats.

He should be able to eat from there. I don't know if they have burgers in there, but you can ask. They definitely can do gluten-free fries (and chicken fingers) because I had those a few times.Just alert a CM when you arrive at Cabanas that you have allergies. They will get someone who will walk him through the buffet to show him what is safe - he will then let the person know what he wants and a fresh plate will be made for him in the back so it's free of cross-contamination threats.

Sorry ... meant to quote the post before your post .... can't find delete button ...

There might be burgers and fries on the pool deck ...Tow Mater's Grill or Flo's Cafe?

I have issues with salt / sodium where I need to limit my intake. I recall there is a form you fill out for guest with special needs / disabilities that included a space where I could notate my issue. Sorry, but I cannot locate the form at the moment, but I did find these in my search:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/dining-food-beverages/dietary-requests-allergies/

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/guests-with-disabilities/

Wander around the Disney Cruise pages or check with the numbers in the FAQ pages above.

In the past I have seen where the Disney restaurants at WDW were very helpful with special dietary needs. I have a friend that has to restrict his sodium intake to 1250 mg per day. He let WDW know when they made the reservations and the chefs made special items for him.

Hello Everyone! Anyone else traveling on this date with a family member that have food allergies? My son is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and cherries. One of the main reasons why we booked through Disney is because they have been great with my son's food restrictions in WDW and Disney Springs. Do you have any tips concerning his food allergies? Unfortunately, we have second dining and that's around his bed time. Would I be able to order his food in advance? Thank you!

Personally, my DD18, DD15 and I have severe food allergies. Here is what helped us in all cruises:
  • Complete the Special Request form that outlines allergies
  • Verify by phone the food allergies - sometimes they do not have them listed
  • Meet with the Head Server and Server
  • Provide them a written list of allergies
Every night especially on the Alaskan cruise, our meals were ready for main dining and cabanas. Not once did we have to use an epi-pen, benadryl, Singulair, or Zyrtec. They also made special desserts.

To give you an idea of what they had to manage:
  • My allergies: wheat, soy, corn, pork, lamb, tuna, all nuts, sesame, tomatoes, chocolate, mangoes, bananas, cherries, apples, peppers, egg yolk, crab, fish
  • DD18: wheat, soy, pork, all nuts, tomatoes, chocolate, mangoes, eggs, shellfish, citrus, cantaloupe
  • DD15: milk, butter, peanuts, hazelnut, pecan, rye, corn, oranges, crab, shrimp, clam, mustard
BTW, we still over ate. :)

Please note, my children and I do not get meals from the quick service spots near the pool due to unknown allergans and cross-contamination.

Cabanas will not have hamburgers at dinner unless they are on the kids' menu as they actually serve the MDR food. Hamburgers, fries, chicken fingers, and pizza are available from on deck. However, get to know your servers. If you ask nicely they will bring those things too you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter