Traveler Insurance

Grandmaof2

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought traveler insurance? What are somethings I must look at in a policy. Has anyone ever had to make a claim?

Has anyone bought traveler insurance? What are somethings I must look at in a policy. Has anyone ever had to make a claim?
I have an annual travel policy to defray some of the costs if I get stuck somewhere or my bag goes missing. It isn't one that covers everything on the trip. I have a Nationwide policy that cost me like $80/year. If I was looking for insurance for a single big trip like WDW, I'd look at Allianz to start.
What do you want it to cover? Plane tickets, hotel rooms, baggage, theme park tickets? Those are all going to make a difference in price and availability. Excess medical coverage.

I have an annual travel policy to defray some of the costs if I get stuck somewhere or my bag goes missing. It isn't one that covers everything on the trip. I have a Nationwide policy that cost me like $80/year. If I was looking for insurance for a single big trip like WDW, I'd look at Allianz to start.
What do you want it to cover? Plane tickets, hotel rooms, baggage, theme park tickets? Those are all going to make a difference in price and availability. Excess medical coverage.
Probably trip cost cancellation of trip due to weather, health (cost of trip most important) excess medical, delayed luggage things like that really doesn’t matter. Would it be best to talk to an agent or just do a general policy on line. Thanks!

Probably trip cost cancellation of trip due to weather, health (cost of trip most important) excess medical, delayed luggage things like that really doesn’t matter. Would it be best to talk to an agent or just do a general policy on line. Thanks!
If you have AAA I'd go into one of their offices and talk it over with them. Going based on your username, here is a link to an AARP discussion of travel insurance https://www.aarp.org/travel/travel-tips/safety/info-2019/travel-insurance-tips.html Once you know what you're looking for www. insure my trip .com without the spaces is where I would look for quotes if you don't have AAA.

Lots of older threads on this subject. Make sure to read the fine print on any policy you might consider since they may/may not cover the things you are interested in. All companies who sell these policies are running a business to make a profit, so they want to pay out less in claims then they charge for the premiums. Apparently you can also purchase this type of insurance for a single trip or for some extended period of time. Makes a difference on exactly what you are looking for.

Have never purchased any of these, don't really see the need. The one time we actually had to cancel a trip was due to some storm damage on our home so we were unable to travel. I spoke with the airlines and even though they officially don't let you change/cancel a flight, were very agreeable to allowing me to change my travel plans to a future date for no extra charge.

Airlines in general will let you make changes to your travel plans if there is bad weather that causes flight cancellations/delays. I don't see the need to buy trip insurance for only that purpose.

I recently bought two different policies for two different travel plans: first one covers an 84 year old going on a Caribbean cruise and the second policy was for a 17 year old traveling to Europe for the summer. I watched a ton of different YT videos before purchasing and ultimately went with the website insuremytrip.com This website compiles a variety of plan options from multiple companies based on the info you specify. Once the options are there, I checked the reviews on each company. I have yet to experience needing to file a claim, but I found the reviews to be fairly informative on how that process worked. I would also add that the user interface between the two policies I bought varies a lot. For the 17 year old, we log into an app and see the coverage. The policy for the 84 year old is paper based.

They don't want random people coming here to advertise other websites or perhaps competing travel products. Things could easily get out of hand if they didn't restrict that.

They don't want random people coming here to advertise other websites or perhaps competing travel products. Things could easily get out of hand if they didn't restrict that.
If it was a competing product I would certainly understand. This forum is owned and operated by a travel agency. To the best of my knowledge, that agency does not offer a travel insurance product available for purchase to someone that doesn't book through them and possibly not even then. If they do I will remove my posts that are spelled out to avoid the filter.

Likely a pre-programmed algorithm to block url's. No idea if it blocks all or just some. Their site their rules. Clearly there isn't some person reviewing every posted thread to manually make those decisions.

Thank you for the explanation. Reading through Doc's post on that thread the issue is that it autolinks. So no issue with putting the name, but it can't be a link, correct?
Technically the DISboard rules are to not circumvent the filter by spelling something out or other creative means. Whether a mod would give an exception probably depends on whether they are aware of the reason for that particular filter (from 10 years ago). We aren't aware of reasoning behind most filters -- in fact that is the only one I've ever seen specifically addressed; my guess is most moderators may not be aware of this particular situation.

TLDR ... YMMV

Not sure I am clear on what an 'unnatural' link would be and why a site selling something wouldn't want other sites to link to them. That reference was from 2014 so perhaps things have changed since then.

Not sure I am clear on what an 'unnatural' link would be and why a site selling something wouldn't want other sites to link to them. That reference was from 2014 so perhaps things have changed since then.
The trip insurance brokerage site was getting too much traffic from DIS, I think from DCL discussions. Google algorithm thought they were trying to artificially improve their position on google searches.

A high google search listing is more important than losing sales from DIS.
https://www.squaremouth.com/ is similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter