Travel updates on swine flu?

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
Is there a special web site we can monitor for travel alerts relating to the swine flu. I know it's a problem in Mexico are there any other countries where travel has been curtailed?
Sometimes I think the media over dramatizes it (ya think?) but I would like to stay correctly informed.

Thanks clarabelle,

I guess the US is on that list too with Texas and California cases being reported.

Hopefully Ireland won't bar us from entering their country!

You might want to get an Rx for Tamiflu to have with you "just in case." This has a long shelf life, so wouldn't hurt to have on hand even if you don't need it this trip.

Thanks kristilew for the suggestion. I see from the news feeds that it's a growing concern for travel. Some countries are already monitoring temperatures of people coming into their country. Sounds like a nose/face mask will definitely be part of my carry-on.
I suppose ABD will inform those of us traveling soon with any significant changes too.
What can you do ... just be informed and keep the faith!

I'm seeing reports of NYC cases, also (high school students). Man, I hope this doesn't become widespread!

Sayhello

I'm seeing reports of NYC cases, also (high school students). Man, I hope this doesn't become widespread!

Sayhello

Yes , there are a few confirmed MILD cases at the High School , it is right near my house, but what the news fails to report is that a bunch of kids from that school went to Mexico for spring break.

I honestly think is is a whole lot of hoopla over nothing, the press over reports things and every one suddenly thinks they have the swine flu, same nonsense happended a few years ago in NYC with the disease of the day, West Nile Virus. I am not worried about it nor would I alter or change my travel plans and I definitley wouldn't be wearing a facemask (can't breath and makes me claustraphoibc anyway).

Currently, the WHO is not recommending border closures or restricting international travel. I think the WHO website, along with the White House's blog, are the best two places to get info on this (I'm not event going to bother to read the "news" on it).

Just over three weeks to go... fingers crossed!:shamrock:

Given that I live in one of the horrible states that has more than one case of Swine Flu, and one of the states that has started to close schools for weeks for sensitization and where the government has canceled all sports and extra curricular activities because there are 16 confirmed cases of Swine Flu in the ENTIRE state...

I'm starting to worry about what might happen if China closes its borders to anyone coming in from one of the Affected countries...

Natural Disasters aren't covered by cancellation or by trip insurance... as I read the insurance... What does Disney do if the country closes its borders because of a pandemic? Does anyone know?:scared:

figmentfan....ive been wondering the same thing....it's a lot of money to be out if china wont allow us to enter....i would hope disney would give some sorta credit

Use antimicrobial wipes 'often' on the plane! When you sit down wipe down the arm rests and the pull-down tray. If you use the plane's water closets ... use the antimicrobial wipes or the gel. She said it would be easier to take the wipes along.
Take airborne or something like it several days in advance of the trip. In other words tank up on Vit C. She said there is no hard data that says it works but she uses it. My Doctor prefers non-prescription remedies when possible but she isn't by any means holistic.
Like everyone else she doesn't perceive the flu as an epidemic but on a plane with recirculated air it is never a bad idea to take preventive measures.

Use antimicrobial wipes 'often' on the plane! When you sit down wipe down the arm rests and the pull-down tray. If you use the plane's water closets ... use the antimicrobial wipes or the gel. She said it would be easier to take the wipes along.
Take airborne or something like it several days in advance of the trip. In other words tank up on Vit C. She said there is no hard data that says it works but she uses it. My Doctor prefers non-prescription remedies when possible but she isn't by any means holistic.
Like everyone else she doesn't perceive the flu as an epidemic but on a plane with recirculated air it is never a bad idea to take preventive measures.

A probiotic a day! And a V8, too. We are GOING. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter