• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel to Disney from airport

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how people are getting to Disney now that the magical express is gone. Are Uber and Lyft now charging a fortune cuz they can? Anyone renting cars? I’m going in a week and am looking for help. Thank you.

Mears Connect is now the bus service from MCO to WDW. They were also the company that had the contract for the Magical Express.

I looked at Go! Airport Shuttle, as it worked well for us 8 years ago to Universal. We are a family of 7 and I think it was $130 each way for private van service.

Looked at them a month or so ago for our 3/7-3/11trip and had same rate for POP! to MCO, but wasn't ready to book. Looked last week and it was $153. Went to book yesterday and it was $180!!! So maybe if you book Go! Airport Shuttle a few months in advance you may get a decent rate for private car/van.

In my double checking and googling for coupon codes and such, I inadvertently landed on mearstransportation.com. The interface is different than mearsconnect.com. I got private van service for $106 flat rate. Take a look there and see if it's different. Honestly, for 1 or 2 people and if I had time, I'd just do the $16.50 one-way with Mears Connect.

We got a minivan through Costco for a little over 28ish hours for our arrival, as we are traveling to the coast to visit and spend overnight with family our 1st two days. Picking up at MCO and dropping off at Doubletree on Hotel Plaza. Taking POP! bus from DS to begin our WDW portion. $277

Thx for all of your replies. I decided to rent a car cuz it was only $210 for the week. This trip we’re staying at a preferred hotel so we don’t have to pay for parking.

Hello: mrsboz, who did you rent from and what are the dates. Was it at MCO? Ive been looking at renting for end of march and beginning of April and getting too high of prices. Thanks. Canadian Tom

I was wondering the same. We have a family of 5, looks like $72 is the mears connect price. I feel like an Uber would probably be the better option?

I was wondering the same. We have a family of 5, looks like $72 is the mears connect price. I feel like an Uber would probably be the better option?

i just guessed you are a family of 2 adults and 3 children and the cost for mears was $145 round trip (32 per adult + 27 per child one way)

an uberXL from MCO to OKW (which looks like the closest resort to MCO on a map) is $48.96 so would be around ~110 after tips and booking another one back to the airport.

so yes it would be a better option.

i just guessed you are a family of 2 adults and 3 children and the cost for mears was $145 round trip.

an uberXL from MCO to OKW (which looks like the closest resort to MCO on a map) is $48.96 so would be around ~110 after tips and booking another one back to the airport.

so yes it would be a better option.
Spot on, plus the time savings as well as it's a direct ride.

Following this thread. :)
Have a Daddy-Daughter trip in September for my daughter's 20th birthday!

I booked with a Tiffany Towncar for 9 people - RT was $195 + 20% tip = $234. We won't have to wait for other riders and will go directly to our resort.
We did this when staying on site. They even stopped at grocery on the way so I could grab some items. Now you can even order ahead and collect.

Does anyone know of a direct service that has car seats? I have a 4 year old and I would rather not drag her car seat through the airport.

Hi. I saw the price of an UberXL in a response but does anyone know the price of a regular Uber or Lyft from airport to resorts? I know it will depend on which resort but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

Thanks in advance.

We are using Tiffany Towncar this weekend. We chose them because it's a direct trip and they offer car seats upon request. They did let me know that the car seat will be a booster. My 4 year old uses a 5 point harness at home, but will probably be o.k. with a booster for a short trip (she is tall). I am also bringing a travel booster (bubble bum) for my 9 year old. It was $150 for us round-trip, plus tip. We are a family of 4 and I booked in September. I think there has been a price increase since then.

Not for Disney, but Universal, but I use Tony Hinds and have for years. I first found his service through the Universal DIS board and have never been anything but thrilled with his service. He is a small operation, but is very affordable (I know his prices for our round trip in November were significantly less than what people are posting for other companies on this thread) and he has the highest customer service standards. He also has car seats available and offers a grocery stop.

On my trip in January, I rented a car since we were in town for the Disney races and it was okay, but I hated paying the parking fees at my hotel (and most have them now). The rental price was steep when I first made the reservation, but came down by about half within a month of our trip.

Hi. I saw the price of an UberXL in a response but does anyone know the price of a regular Uber or Lyft from airport to resorts? I know it will depend on which resort but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

Thanks in advance.
I've been getting estimates for an Uber X on the same day and time we'll be arriving (a Saturday around noon) from MCO to POFQ and so far it has been $32-33 every time.

Can you book an Uber or Lyft ahead of time and request a car seat? I thought some of them provided that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter